Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our chief executive ...

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone else sick of this smarmy PR disaster of a man. If we need to balance the books just get an accountant on a tenth of the wage. This Bloke makes my blood boil.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else sick of this smarmy PR disaster of a man. If we need to balance the books just get an accountant on a tenth of the wage. This Bloke makes my blood boil.

i'll counter that by saying look at the money he's pulled into the club since he's been at wolverhampton wanderers

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll still be here when he is 80 at this rate!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring!

you don't like Moxey. You no doubt don't like any of the senior management at your place of work. You don't like the Prime Minister.

When you don't understand someone's job function its usually best to keep quiet

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i'll counter that by saying look at the money he's pulled into the club since he's been at wolverhampton wanderers

I agree on the financial point of view . It's just the needless bull he spouts and constant lies ,and there's been plenty if you look back over the years.

W

wolfyjoe

Does this question really need asking?! There's a new thread on how he's the worst thing to happen to Wolves ever every other day.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boring!

you don't like Moxey. You no doubt don't like any of the senior management at your place of work. You don't like the Prime Minister.

When you don't understand someone's job function its usually best to keep quiet

Your boring mate happy to accept anything by the look of things.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
says it all really .........

after what happened with the rat i wouldnt trade a blade of grass with mckay if i was moxey

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how can moxey keep his job?

CEO of the football club encompasses everything. In the space of 18 months he has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he does not have the strategic tactical footballing knowledge required to run this club. I'm sorry but the man is a joke. 1m a year to do what exactly? Improve the match day experience? Keep good relations with the fans? Develop the team? Well done mate, $$$$ing failed on all fronts u fat greasy $$$$. Where are all ur wise words now **** head?

That man epitomizes what is wrong with wwfc.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Be carefull you'll upset his fans! By the way I totally agree in any other job this fool would have been sacked years ago.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolfyjoe

let's be honest, he will never win unless we're winning football games every week and spending 30 million every transfer window.

M

Mr Wolf

CEO of the football club encompasses everything. In the space of 18 months he has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he does not have the strategic tactical footballing knowledge required to run this club. I'm sorry but the man is a joke. 1m a year to do what exactly? Improve the match day experience? Keep good relations with the fans? Develop the team? Well done mate, $$$$ing failed on all fronts u fat greasy $$$$. Where are all ur wise words now **** head?

That man epitomizes what is wrong with wwfc.

What as he done wrong exactly? Can anyone tell me.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
let's be honest, he will never win unless we're winning football games every week and spending 30 million every transfer window.

I think we need a seperate board for the boring "moxey out" threads, they get in the way of the interesing ones. If i come on and the first 10 threads are : "moxey likes pies" "why didn't we sign van persie" "fat controller" "2+2=5" etc, then i just close the page.

M

Mugwump

Now we have thelwell in position, moxey should just simply concentrate on the financial side of running the club ( which he is good at ) and stay away from football decisions.

W

wolfyjoe

I think we need a seperate board for the boring "moxey out" threads, they get in the way of the interesing ones. If i come on and the first 10 threads are : "moxey likes pies" "why didn't we sign van persie" "fat controller" "2+2=5" etc, then i just close the page.

thread filter? today's been a fun one, one thread per potential managerial appointment and several anti moxey/morgan threads.

B

Black Suit

We have been banging on about this since the lack of financial support to Dave Jones after the original promotion in 2003.

Just been going through a few old posts, and the arguments are all the same, 9 years later! A few errors made in anger but....

BLACK SUIT ON MOXEY

I'm afraid HGW that I am with the Reverend on this one. As CEO of this club we adore, he has overseen some woeful business strategies, transactions and policies. I hope DJ is interviewed soon, so that he can blow the lid off Moxey's 'holier than thou' stance.

DJ and his team created a wish list of players they wanted to sign, for 'he of the pie' to go and negotiate terms. So essentially, it JM himself that overspent as DJ was never allowed to negotiate fees and salaries. I would also like to know a little more about who was on the wish list versus who we actually signed, as the wrong mix from that wish list could be disastrous - like missing a key ingredient from a recipe.

BTW, I certainly do not lay all the blame at JM's door here, but after 26/5 as the summer went on, I bet DJ was almost grateful just to see any new faces at all. There has been public recognition about the lack of support two years ago, moreso from SJH and Rick (one R5 Live interview in particular). Without the budget to spend at that time, DJ had to look at the bargain 'Bosmans' until the paying public got restless and suddenly we managed to panic buy another overpriced 'star'.

Then of course he oversaw the exodus of players who were frustrated at the Contract Negotiations being left to the close season. Negotiations could have taken which division we were going to be in, into consideration. Instead we lost some players very cheaply indeed, with the false economy of 'cutting our cloth' when we had to pay transfer fees for their replacements!

The way he has endeared himself to the supporters is stunning. I realise that there are supporters across the whole UK that criticise their board, but as CEO he runs the ship, if he doesn't he is not CEO. He will point to sound decisions that have raised money for the club, like the premium rate ticket hotlines, the sponsorships, the kit (quality and brand , let alone a shocking design, peeling logos etc).

Le Coq Sportif is a brand that enjoyed it's peak many moons ago, it is permanently on the 'Sale' racks at JJB. One of the more popular brands; Nike, Adidas, moreso than Umbro, would probably have lead to more replica sales albeit on a lower margin - especially on the training wear side, tracksuits, rainjackets, boots and trainers even! The supporters were given a choice of the design of the shirt, and there was a clear winner - the actual shirt bears little resemblance really due to the amount of black material, though the blue away shirt does. Design is important - the gold shirt is poor, bland.

The tat in the club shop is embarrassing at times, the quality and value for money for the Christmas stocking fillers should have found themselves onto BBC1's Watchdog!

The protracted recruitment campaign that lead to Hoddle being appointed - another farce! Especially with the 6 month contract, wanted by Hoddle so I understand, a sign of desperation as several targets turned Wolves down. He is the boss, he has to take the blame, even if DJ failed in his role towards the end Moxey is the boss - he has the ultimate responsibility. Had they no idea who they wanted as a Manager? Apparently not! We weren't recruiting a salesman, where we could go through the usual selection interview process. New managers are usually headhunted you embarrassing prat, and this process can start before the removal of the previous incumbent.

He is oh so very lucky that Wolves fans are so loyal, otherwise the income stream could have all but disappeared at some clubs. The supporters have been very tolerant indeed, but just look at how many of the MM members who are not renewing this season!

And finally......

The mixed messages coming from the board about 'are we for sale or not', the Camara saga in both transfer windows (taking attention away from thelack of incoming activity, serving as the perfect smokescreen). JM spent a great deal of time milking a reported additional £100,000 from the loan of the Rat, while the club was in desperate need of additions to the squad.

In his post Wolves days, when he has been found out or he chooses to jump ship, I cannot see him joining a top club can you? Go soon Jez please, and why do you insist on using a nickname? Grow up. Whether or not he is directly responsible for all of the above, we'll never be totally sure - but he is in charge - so he takes the responsibility.

Jesus. I love this club, but they don't make it easy do they?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is rather pointless debating whether Moxey should keep his job or not when the only thing that should matter at least for now is our choice of new manager.

H

Hawkins discuss

We have been banging on about this since the lack of financial support to Dave Jones after the original promotion in 2003.

Just been going through a few old posts, and the arguments are all the same, 9 years later! A few errors made in anger but....

BLACK SUIT ON MOXEY

I'm afraid HGW that I am with the Reverend on this one. As CEO of this club we adore, he has overseen some woeful business strategies, transactions and policies. I hope DJ is interviewed soon, so that he can blow the lid off Moxey's 'holier than thou' stance.

DJ and his team created a wish list of players they wanted to sign, for 'he of the pie' to go and negotiate terms. So essentially, it JM himself that overspent as DJ was never allowed to negotiate fees and salaries. I would also like to know a little more about who was on the wish list versus who we actually signed, as the wrong mix from that wish list could be disastrous - like missing a key ingredient from a recipe.

BTW, I certainly do not lay all the blame at JM's door here, but after 26/5 as the summer went on, I bet DJ was almost grateful just to see any new faces at all. There has been public recognition about the lack of support two years ago, moreso from SJH and Rick (one R5 Live interview in particular). Without the budget to spend at that time, DJ had to look at the bargain 'Bosmans' until the paying public got restless and suddenly we managed to panic buy another overpriced 'star'.

Then of course he oversaw the exodus of players who were frustrated at the Contract Negotiations being left to the close season. Negotiations could have taken which division we were going to be in, into consideration. Instead we lost some players very cheaply indeed, with the false economy of 'cutting our cloth' when we had to pay transfer fees for their replacements!

The way he has endeared himself to the supporters is stunning. I realise that there are supporters across the whole UK that criticise their board, but as CEO he runs the ship, if he doesn't he is not CEO. He will point to sound decisions that have raised money for the club, like the premium rate ticket hotlines, the sponsorships, the kit (quality and brand , let alone a shocking design, peeling logos etc).

Le Coq Sportif is a brand that enjoyed it's peak many moons ago, it is permanently on the 'Sale' racks at JJB. One of the more popular brands; Nike, Adidas, moreso than Umbro, would probably have lead to more replica sales albeit on a lower margin - especially on the training wear side, tracksuits, rainjackets, boots and trainers even! The supporters were given a choice of the design of the shirt, and there was a clear winner - the actual shirt bears little resemblance really due to the amount of black material, though the blue away shirt does. Design is important - the gold shirt is poor, bland.

The tat in the club shop is embarrassing at times, the quality and value for money for the Christmas stocking fillers should have found themselves onto BBC1's Watchdog!

The protracted recruitment campaign that lead to Hoddle being appointed - another farce! Especially with the 6 month contract, wanted by Hoddle so I understand, a sign of desperation as several targets turned Wolves down. He is the boss, he has to take the blame, even if DJ failed in his role towards the end Moxey is the boss - he has the ultimate responsibility. Had they no idea who they wanted as a Manager? Apparently not! We weren't recruiting a salesman, where we could go through the usual selection interview process. New managers are usually headhunted you embarrassing prat, and this process can start before the removal of the previous incumbent.

He is oh so very lucky that Wolves fans are so loyal, otherwise the income stream could have all but disappeared at some clubs. The supporters have been very tolerant indeed, but just look at how many of the MM members who are not renewing this season!

And finally......

The mixed messages coming from the board about 'are we for sale or not', the Camara saga in both transfer windows (taking attention away from thelack of incoming activity, serving as the perfect smokescreen). JM spent a great deal of time milking a reported additional £100,000 from the loan of the Rat, while the club was in desperate need of additions to the squad.

In his post Wolves days, when he has been found out or he chooses to jump ship, I cannot see him joining a top club can you? Go soon Jez please, and why do you insist on using a nickname? Grow up. Whether or not he is directly responsible for all of the above, we'll never be totally sure - but he is in charge - so he takes the responsibility.

agree with all of this as posted was going to do the historical piece myself but you beat me to it well done mate!

H

Hawkins discuss

Astral #
But he is the guy who is going to do the recrutement

D

Deleted member 4023

Moxey Makes Scrooge look like Father Christmas

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Black suit...spot on but you need to sit down and have a jäger bomb. Top lad.

D

Deleted member 4099

BLACK SUIT ON MOXEY

And finally......

Quality.

R

reanswolf

What as he done wrong exactly? Can anyone tell me.

Youve got 6218 posts on this board and you want fans to answer "what exactly has he done wrong!:eek:"

Quite funny actually. Please just refer back to every 1 in 20 threads since 2003.

R

reanswolf

What a terrible post. :D

R

reanswolf

Of course they can't. He's just a convenient scapegoat.

That's from someone who doesn't particularly like him too

Come on Hogan. You can do better than support these numpties. We have pointed the reasons out before and you have acknowledged the points.

R

reanswolf

Add to Black Suits list more recent events which have been highlighted -

Fighting to keep MM to a point where there was no return
Short term managerial appointment last season, leading to this mess
TC appointment (same issue but 2 different important decisions)
Appointing new manager and then selling 3 best players week before season starts
Wages strategy despite acknowledging correlation between wages and league position
Ticket prices losing us hundreds if not thousands of fans

AND PEOPLE ASK "WHAT EXACTLY HAS HE DONE WRONG?"

To those people, tell me what he has done right? (and don't confuse performance of manager/players with what he deserves to be merited with).

W

wolvesman

Endless anti Moxey posts, year after year. Disappointment to many, but he will leave of his own accord when he is ready.
Met him a few times... a clever cookie indeed.:saint:

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see why moxey gets the blame for SS.

Not all managers work out. Yes he was a gamble, but an adventurous one to breathe a new style into wolves.

It failed, so now to plan B

At the time SS came in, most were in favour.

I dont warm to moxey either, but rather he runs the club like he does than do a pompey, look at the state of them, league 2 next season.

R

reanswolf

Oh no, not the Pompey alternative again! :rolleyes:

Listen, no one is saying it is directly Moxey's fault regards Stale's failings (tho selling the 3 best players a week before the season started contributed "significantly"), its more the ongoing influence of our CEO which is clearly detrimental.

Back
Top Bottom