Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Open training session today - update

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got invited to join ballot for tickets for today’s trading session at Compton. was fortunate to get picked out and ended up with tickets for me and my son.

We had to meet behind the North Bank for 4.30pm departure by coach - there were only two coaches - so about 100 people.

We had a great time - apart from the persistent rain !

We saw around 75 mins of training - within a few feet of the players.

All were ther except for Raul, Adama, Ait Nouri , Semedo, and Sarkic.

Scary moment when Boly slipped and went through Hwang - but all ok.

Photos and autographs at the end - players and club staff were fabulous.

Wonderful facilities.

Jeff there too.

Well done Wolves !

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got invited to join ballot for tickets for today’s trading session at Compton. was fortunate to get picked out and ended up with tickets for me and my son.

We had to meet behind the North Bank for 4.30pm departure by coach - there were only two coaches - so about 100 people.

Wonderful facilities.

Jeff there too.

Well done Wolves !
Sounds like a good day. You do realise you've just started a 'RAN is being sold' panic!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa was fully training and did well.

MGW was class personified and couldn’t have been better with the kids. Absolute diametric opposite of how he’s described on here by some. Articulate, funny, charming guy.

Neto also was absolute class. Great with my kids.

Jose Sa was hilarious and made an unrepeatable joke when signing my daughters Moutinho shirt. Brilliant.

Other things that stood out, Bruno started with a modified rondo that after x passes someone could score in a tiny goal. After that a drill of one touch end to end attacks that that seemed to intentionally pressure Bueno. Killman, Jonny, Neto & Joao impressed most.

Donk skied every shot and also was out first and left in his car in what appeared to be an unhappy demeanour…

Jeff was in his office and I resisted shouting ‘buy a striker’ at him.

Toti & Jonny are literally the politest people on earth.

The Young Wolves ladies were amazing hosts and a credit to the club. Can’t say enough good things about them,

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonderful facilities.

Jeff there too.

Well done Wolves !
I thought Hwang was dead at that point

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One other thing about yesterday that really struck me was how far we’d come as a club. I started out getting an itchy scarf in the old ‘club shop’ the back of the condemned North Bank.

The players training on a pot holed car park. Andy Mutch in his Liverpool shorts.

Compton was amazing, the facilities, the quality of the pitches & equipment. The whole set up was incredible. Every ball a full Nike Prem jobby. The number of coaches, the quality of the warm ups, the drills etc.

All the staff, the hosts, the Young Wolves team, Gemma doing her Instagram stuff promoting the club. All fantastic ambassadors for the club.

It was amazing as in I was literally AMAZED. Utterly different level.

People criticise Fosun because we don’t spaff bazillions on ‘names’. But honestly yesterday being at Compton gave me some perspective on how well run we are.

Thank you & well done Wolves - yesterday was fantastic.

Belfast Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
One other thing about yesterday that really struck me was how far we’d come as a club. I started out getting an itchy scarf in the old ‘club shop’ the back of the condemned North Bank.

The players training on a pot holed car park. Andy Mutch in his Liverpool shorts.

Compton was amazing, the facilities, the quality of the pitches & equipment. The whole set up was incredible. Every ball a full Nike Prem jobby. The number of coaches, the quality of the warm ups, the drills etc.

All the staff, the hosts, the Young Wolves team, Gemma doing her Instagram stuff promoting the club. All fantastic ambassadors for the club.

It was amazing as in I was literally AMAZED. Utterly different level.

People criticise Fosun because we don’t spaff bazillions on ‘names’. But honestly yesterday being at Compton gave me some perspective on how well run we are.

Thank you & well done Wolves - yesterday was fantastic.
Good to hear positive things. Thanks for the report

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent to hear such positive things.

I was thinking last night at just how much financial investment they are putting into the academy. The under 21's are in the US for two weeks with a full complement of staff. The under 18's were in Austria at Grasshoppers, and the under 16's have been in Germany - those trips for the best part of 70 or 80 people must have cost a fortune.

I think some of the younger age groups have also been away to tournaments.

I think this is an excellent investment. The players and staff are getting a cracking experience and it must make us more attractive as an academy.

I do believe we are a well run club despite what many think. Yes, I want two or three players by the end of the window. But I do understand the need to make the right decisions. When someone is joining for 4 or 5 years waiting an extra few weeks to make sure you are making the right decision is very sensible in the long term.

We just do things differently, we can't compete with pure financial muscle but we can out think the bigger clubs - especially when they know they can afford to make mistakes.

I am please you enjoyed the experience, well done wolves.

T

TheConcourse

I was thinking last night at just how much financial investment they are putting into the academy. The under 21's are in the US for two weeks with a full complement of staff. The under 18's were in Austria at Grasshoppers, and the under 16's have been in Germany - those trips for the best part of 70 or 80 people must have cost a fortune.

I think this is an excellent investment. The players and staff are getting a cracking experience and it must make us more attractive as an academy.

I do believe we are a well run club despite what many think. Yes, I want two or three players by the end of the window. But I do understand the need to make the right decisions. When someone is joining for 4 or 5 years waiting an extra few weeks to make sure you are making the right decision is very sensible in the long term.

We just do things differently, we can't compete with pure financial muscle but we can out think the bigger clubs - especially when they know they can afford to make mistakes.

Very good point. This has to be attractive for players coming into the Academy.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No sign of Cutrone or Bonatini in the latest training pics. Despite us having no strikers it seems neither are part of the clubs plans.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No sign of Cutrone or Bonatini in the latest training pics. Despite us having no strikers it seems neither are part of the clubs plans.
It looks as though for Leeds we'll be perming 3 from Neto, Pod, Hwang and MGW as forwards, with the unpicked player on the bench plus maybe Chem Campbell and/or Adama?

Jacthelad

Reaction score
Was lucky enough to go to this yesterday. Was a great day out fair play.

All the players were so nice and made effort to have a chat with everyone. Having never gone to anything like this before ive got to say coady is a special character. Made so much effort with every single person there.

As for training collins is very vocal. A natural leader.

Im fairly sure It was all 4 at the back. 433/4231 whatever you want to call it.

Also the transfer goss. Someone said to gibbs-white "i hope you stick around" he said i will. So that's that sorted

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was lucky enough to go to this yesterday. Was a great day out fair play.

All the players were so nice and made effort to have a chat with everyone. Having never gone to anything like this before ive got to say coady is a special character. Made so much effort with every single person there.

As for training collins is very vocal. A natural leader.

Im fairly sure It was all 4 at the back. 433/4231 whatever you want to call it.

Also the transfer goss. Someone said to gibbs-white "i hope you stick around" he said i will. So that's that sorted
I said to him ‘please don’t leave’ and he didn’t say anything just looked a bit scared. Maybe I came on too strong lol.
Lovely guy though, they all were. Coady really went out of his way at the end.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When will we know whether or not RAN is with the squad in Spain?

Yours worriedly...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well said!
It is so refreshing to read some positive posts about the club on this thread.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks as though for Leeds we'll be perming 3 from Neto, Pod, Hwang and MGW as forwards, with the unpicked player on the bench plus maybe Chem Campbell and/or Adama?

Just dreadful for an established premier league club to be so light, in my opinion. If we have a poor start due to our lack of options, especially in attack, then the blame rests squarely with Shi and Sellars in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom