Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Only 6 years ago best 22mins ever

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great times…….I hope I can soon once again feel the same pride and excitement that we all felt in the Nuno era.
I‘m a realistic Wolves fan and know that silverware is not imminent but as always, with any Wolves fan, we cling to hope.
The best is yet to come……be beat City, didn’t we? :)

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fantastic watch brought tears to my eyes. what an amazing season that was.
Ivan Cavaleiro you beauty, kept rewinding his goal against Reading, loved that goal.
And Ruben's v Derby that stunned everyone in Molinuex. So many fantastic goals, that season had everything.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Ruben V Derby best goal ever

Sitting in the north bank directly behind the line of the goal I missed it as dropped my coffee down my legs at the exact moment he controlled it before he hit it. Missed the goal, the euphoria, the tears.

My legs were scalding.

Remains the biggest regret in my life I didn't witness it in real time.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Crazy how it seems like yesterday but at the same time a lifetime ago. That squad was special. So many stars but so many underrated players that helped us over the like. Such as N'Diaye and Vinagre.

Doubt we will ever seem the same again in our lifetimes. The way it all fell into place.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell you what, there's some absolutely delicious strikes in there.

Forgotten how much I miss Cavaleiro and Jota too :confused:
I was going to post something similar.

Anyone who boos Jota just because he accepted an offer to move to one of the biggest clubs in the world.is a ****ing idiot.

I'd forgotten just how good Cav was

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic watch brought tears to my eyes. what an amazing season that was.
Ivan Cavaleiro you beauty, kept rewinding his goal against Reading, loved that goal.
And Ruben's v Derby that stunned everyone in Molinuex. So many fantastic goals, that season had everything.
Unfortunately the Cav goal vs Reading just reminds me of him trying the same thing in extra time at Wembley and it going wrong

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all my decades of watching Wolves, I cannot recall a better goal than the one the magic man scored against Derby County. Just incredible. I could be wrong but didn’t he repeat it on sky on their Saturday morning show. I think Jimmy Bullard tried to do it, but failed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all my decades of watching Wolves, I cannot recall a better goal than the one the magic man scored against Derby County. Just incredible. I could be wrong but didn’t he repeat it on sky on their Saturday morning show. I think Jimmy Bullard tried to do it, but failed.
You aren't wrong Frank.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct and didn't it silent Bullard, who just walked back to the Compton dressing rooms in apparent disbelief.

Many have tried but failed to silence him, for that I'm forever grateful, Ruben!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
That Neves goal! I was working in Gravesend and living in Halesowen at the time. Would normally travel up on the Wednesday but decided I wasn't missing that game. With nowhere to stash my case and laptop the Mrs met me at Sandwell and Dudley, train doors opened, I handed her the bags gave her a kiss and got to Molineux just before kick off.

Where I stand on the South Bank was in perfect line with the flight of the ball, will never forget that moment of hush, of disbelief at what we'd just seen before we erupted. There was I in my suit, facing a journey back down to Kent in the early hours, but boy was it worth it!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to post something similar.

Anyone who boos Jota just because he accepted an offer to move to one of the biggest clubs in the world.is a ****ing idiot.

I'd forgotten just how good Cav was

There’s just no reasoning with some of the knuckle draggers in our fan base.

I can’t for the life of me think of any real justification for booing Jota. Even if he was average in his last 6 months (which was still better than most we’ve seen try since) there’s just no reason for it. Madness. Think those that do are just bitter.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s just no reasoning with some of the knuckle draggers in our fan base.

I can’t for the life of me think of any real justification for booing Jota. Even if he was average in his last 6 months (which was still better than most we’ve seen try since) there’s just no reason for it. Madness. Think those that do are just bitter.
All the player involved with promotion from the championship gave me more entertainment over the course of one season than any Wolves team since I started in 1976, and I attended most of the Bully years.
Like you I don’t understand booing any of these players who gave everything they had during their time with us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben V Derby best goal ever

If Sa had been in goal, it would have been "Sa is useless , my granny could have saved it". :D

it is a great goal and there's a fair few in that lot that were also great in different ways. That Jota one v Sheff U where the pass & move is so intricate, the defence are in knots, is one of my all time favourites.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
If Sa had been in goal, it would have been "Sa is useless , my granny could have saved it". :D

it is a great goal and there's a fair few in that lot that were also great in different ways. That Jota one v Sheff U where the pass & move is so intricate, the defence are in knots, is one of my all time favourites.
The Neves goal against Sheff Utd was a beauty too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ever a script was written for a perfect season it was that season. Re-living that all again in just 20 minutes leaves me breathless and emotional and reawakens memories that will live with me for ever. Will we ever have such an amazingly talented group of players united behind such a charismatic leader in Nuno and all coming together at one time?; I doubt it to be honest. It was as if the stars aligned for that one season and boy what a season! What a great time to be a Wolves fan.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My friend and I that sit together at Molineux from pretty much the night match when we beat Fulham in November (Bonatini’s last goal I believe) said to keep reminding ourselves that ‘these are the good times’, and so pleased we did. Throughout the Nuno era, everything was just so unified and to be honest un-Wolves. Certainly compared to most of my experiences as a Wolves fan anyway since my first match in 1992.

Such a shame it came to an end so quickly. But I’m pleased I had the awareness to savour the trip to Wembley (for about 75 mins at least) and then traveling to watch Wolves play away in Europe, in Turin and then Portugal. Wow, I never thought I’d see us play a competitive match abroad!

Peak Raul Jimenez, prime Ruben Neves, rampant Diogo Jota, Rui Patricio AND the majestic Joao Moutinho - unbelievably grateful I got to see them in the old gold.

I just hope the O’Neil experiment works out better than many of Fosun’s other gambles that didn’t exactly pay off e.g. Zenga, Lage, Fabio Silva… I’d be very happy with 2-3 seasons of 11-15th place PL finishes.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was a huge season for Wolves fans, I came no less than 4 times to Molineux in that season, with the last visit being against Derby (mid-week) and Birmingham, (sunday) when promotion to the premier was secured. I had the honour to personnaly witness that Neves goal against Derby, I was sitting in the upper Billy Wright exactly on the post where the goal was scored.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how much life changes quickly beyond football aswell when watching these videos!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Although not as spectacular, Ruben Neves goal against Sheffield Wednesday was a superb finish. He passed it into the back of the net, I doubt many players could have scored a goal like that.

Back
Top Bottom