Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

One and only Wanderers lol

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This situation seems to roll around every 6 months.

Wonder if HMRC are running out of patience

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work in Bolton and have done very small bits of work supporting BWFC's Fan's Trust as part of my job. It really is a tremendously messy situation, chiefly due to an appalling owner who won't consider reasonable bids because he disbelieves bidders's proof of funds, but cannot afford to run the club himself. BWFC has had some great financial support from the EFL to keep their creditors off their backs, but unless it gets a huge cash injection from a new owner, the club (and by extension, the town, because BWFC's relationship with the town is not unlike Wolves and Wolverhampton) will really suffer.

I know a lot of Bolton fans through work, and am young enough not to think of McGinlay, so have no ill will towards them. From a footballing standpoint, don't really care about the success of the club, but liquidating it would be a disaster for the town and horrendous for the fans.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are local businesses starting to boycott working for the club Pessimistic?

Bad situation when that starts to happen ( think Pompey)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the tax man ever wound up a club? This thing seems to happen around football somewhere every year but the clubs seem to survive somehow?

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the tax man ever wound up a club? This thing seems to happen around football somewhere every year but the clubs seem to survive somehow?

I don't know about the tax man winding up clubs, but Newport County and Aldershot both went out of business with a few years of each other. Whether that would happen to a 'bigger' club remains to be seen.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they go bump, they will just start up again in the lower league's and that's fine by me :D

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure the ins and outs, but HMRC was heavily involved with Rangers.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure the ins and outs, but HMRC was heavily involved with Rangers.

Pay as you earn tax they went after Rangers for.

Refused the CVA so basically, they reformed as a new club.

Y

Yout85

No, they haven't.... and "petitioning for a winding up order" effectively means nothing. It literally means they've been told they need to pay their taxes. The process takes forever, and if any money is coming in in the meantime it will be forever postponed.

Likely outcome is Bolton will probably enter into a Time To Pay arrangement and gradually clear the debt over time.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the newer bolton fans who don't remember McGinlay and how he used to wheeled out every time.

I do remember so find it impossible to feel sympathy for a club who acted with so little class & decorum. It'd be like us wheeling out Muscat every time we played Norwich

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's really only one Wanderers obvs, but I do know a few decent Bolton fans. I was at that playoff horror show. I haven't forgiven them, but I hope they sort this out personally

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, they haven't.... and "petitioning for a winding up order" effectively means nothing. It literally means they've been told they need to pay their taxes. The process takes forever, and if any money is coming in in the meantime it will be forever postponed.

Likely outcome is Bolton will probably enter into a Time To Pay arrangement and gradually clear the debt over time.
A bit like FFP, a load of huff and puff and **** all happens?

D

Deleted member 3518

Only Bolton fan I know is @HowfenWolf, now an ex-Bolton fan thank God, wish them nothing but the worst.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have loaned the ****ers Gladon!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope they get it sorted personally, the fall all out for the whole area would be ****.
If all our "rivals" went we'd have no one left to play.
Yes McGinley was a ****, but look where we are compared to them, time to move on me thinks.

D

Deleted member 4382

I work in Bolton and have done very small bits of work supporting BWFC's Fan's Trust as part of my job. It really is a tremendously messy situation, chiefly due to an appalling owner who won't consider reasonable bids because he disbelieves bidders's proof of funds, but cannot afford to run the club himself. BWFC has had some great financial support from the EFL to keep their creditors off their backs, but unless it gets a huge cash injection from a new owner, the club (and by extension, the town, because BWFC's relationship with the town is not unlike Wolves and Wolverhampton) will really suffer.

I know a lot of Bolton fans through work, and am young enough not to think of McGinlay, so have no ill will towards them. From a footballing standpoint, don't really care about the success of the club, but liquidating it would be a disaster for the town and horrendous for the fans.
I hope so this is true. Let the whole inbred hillbilly town suffer.

Back
Top Bottom