Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Photos of Molineux

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking for some good, high resolution photos of Molineux, preferably from before the redevelopment, or maybe shortly after the redevelopment. Would like a good pic for my desktop walllpaper. Anyone got a favorite shot?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

20 September 1958. I was at this game v Newcastle, which we lost 1-3. The great Peter Broadbent on the ball. Jimmy Murray centre of the picture. The Newcastle player on the right is Bob Stokoe, the centre-half, who went on to manage Sunderland when they beat Leeds in the 1973 Cup Final -- the shock result of the century at the time, as Sunderland were 2nd Division strugglers and Leeds were in their pomp.

Last edited:

cannockwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't they're an old thread full of these sort of pics somewhere on here?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams."

Either way they make an utterly ineffective desktop wallpaper! ;)

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I'm thick but how do you make these images into a wallpaper? I'd love the Peter Broadbent one displayed as I turned on my laptop. Reminds me that we were once a great club and perhaps we will be again?????

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I'm thick but how do you make these images into a wallpaper? I'd love the Peter Broadbent one displayed as I turned on my laptop. Reminds me that we were once a great club and perhaps we will be again?????
Not difficult. You need to save it onto your laptop and then you can choose it as your desk-top display like you can any other photo you have taken with your lap-top.

S

ShropshireLad

Move the MolMix page a bit to the right to reveal part of your home page by clicking on the top bar to slide it, click on your mouse with the cursor over the picture and move the image (left) to the home page where it'll be reduced to an icon. Transfer that to your "pictures" and then use it to make your wallpaper. You might even be able to right click on the icon "set desktop picture" to make it directly into your wallpaper.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought you just had to move your cursor over the photo and right click on the mouse, selecting "desktop background".

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad was at that game- always talked about it. God rest Dad.
Same here pal...My dad was Dutch, did national service in 1946..Posted in Tettenhall and could only speak two words of English...Hello and Football.....His mates took him to Molineux in the 50's...He was hooked, met my mom and stayed......Old gold and black through and through...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad was at that game- always talked about it. God rest Dad.
At the time, wolves were top of the league and arsenal 2nd. The London press expected arsenal to win easily. Arsenal's cause wasn't helped by an injury to Jim standen, their goalie, early on. He seriously hurt his shoulder, and wolves put 3 past him in the 1st half, 3 more in the 2nd. Jim was well known for another reason, he played cricket for worcestershire when they had a bloody good team.

F

FLEET WOLF

Game v Arsenal, March 7th 1959. 6-1 win. I was top of the S. Bank, in the middle. Too small to see much! The Wolves player on the right of the picture in the background is Billy Wright, No 11 is Norman Deeley.
Surprised Norman Deeley isn't hacking someone down off the ball!!!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised Norman Deeley isn't hacking someone down off the ball!!!!
Dear old Norman, he scored one that game. One of the great goal-scoring wingers, and a local lad from Wednesbury. Probably my favourite player when I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom