Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Gold Pack

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Received this email this morning, looks like a group named Old Gold Pack are looking to improve the atmosphere at Molineux using custom made flags and displays, only in the S3 and SL3 area at the moment but it's a start.

Plans starting small against Bournemouth this Saturday.

Thoughts? Can only be a good thing surely!DE5B5818-CC91-465B-AC9E-1F25BF864B21.jpeg

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Received this email this morning, looks like a group named Old Gold Pack are looking to improve the atmosphere at Molineux using custom made flags and displays, only in the S3 and SL3 area at the moment but it's a start.

Plans starting small against Bournemouth this Saturday.

Thoughts? Can only be a good thing surely!
This is an email sent to me.Screenshot_2023-02-14-11-49-43-86_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

Puregold

Reaction score
I think it is a great idea, will add a visual impact to the match day atmosphere.

For those of us old enough, remember the 1980 League Cup Final, thousands upon thousands of Wolves banners, will never forget that.

I watch a bit of Italian football, many teams have banners waving through out the game, Roma and Sampdoria especially.

We could have images of great old players, todays players, the badge, Wolverhampton coat of arms, 1877, a trophy banner, of all the trophies won in the past, leave room for more to come!!

So many options, would be good to get the fans involved on design and content.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
They can improve the atmosphere by not playing constant music before the game so fans can’t sing. We can only sing when the club allows us to - when they play hi ho silver lining.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are flags not a pain in the whatsit for fans situated directly behind those waving them?
Bloody right they are but have no issue with them being waved etc pre match and half time but during the game would be the same as the inconsiderate ****ers that think its great to sit on some ones shoulders at a gig so that they can see but **** anybody behind them.

Last edited:

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
S'pose they are to be waved before the game mainly, and maybe during halftime?
It looks good up the Tyne atleast...

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
S'pose they are to be waved before the game mainly, and maybe during halftime?
It looks good up the Tyne atleast...
Looking at OGP’s Twitter they seem to have taken inspiration from what’s happening in the stands at Newcastle. It all sounds good to me, sounds like the onus is on individual supporters or groups to get in touch with their ideas.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody right they are but have no issue with them being waved etc pre match and half time but during the game would be the same as the inconsiderate ****ers that think its great to sit on some ones shoulders at a gig so that they can see but **** anybody behind them.
Re the shoulder sitters a deftly aimed beer can or water bottle works wonders lol...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And people wonder why the atmosphere is dead when any new ideas get the old fast treatment.

R

reanswolf

To be fair, this always splits opinion.
I have no right to tell anyone where to sit or stand, but I would love the Southbank to be full of like-minded people who like and contribute to atmosphere, who sing and wave flags and if you can't see at moments then so be it.
I will get laughed at but something like Man Utd have, a group who get together to try out new songs. Sounds poxy, maybe many would say its too poxy, but not poxy enough to nick their established songs. The 'Wonder of You' would be great to sing independently, to develop as an anthem, but it needs some to start it and enough to get it going. Its so appropriate to us Wolves fans and what Wolves means to us...............

"When no one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me hope and consolation
You give me strength to carry on
And you're always there to lend a hand
In everything I do
That's the wonder
The wonder of Wolves"

I would simply love the whole South bank to learn this and boom it out. Maybe its a bit too complicated as it took many several weeks to get their heads around He's Korean :)-.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we need an 'anthem'. Z Cars at Everton feels tired now, as does 'Local Hero' at Newcastle. Just a collection of songs that are synonymous with the club - they don't need to be exclusive to Wolves either - will be an improvement over that grime ****e they played for so long. COVID and then the club trying to be clever seems to have killed some of the nostalgia because the songs that we grew up with before games have been consigned to such a distant memory that other than a few older fans, most of Molineux seemed a bit bewildered when Wonder of You came on the other weekend (and I have long been one of the voices calling for a return of the older songs). So the club need to rebuild this a little and hopefully more dads will mention it to their sons, etc.

I do like the idea of the giant banners at the start of the game. We used to have them for a long time it's a shame they stopped them in the first place.

Also, we've used flags before too. I think it's the United game where Neves or Raul score and the flags start waving, it looks fantastic. But I'm not sure either contribute to better atmosphere - the giant banners are difficult to sign when you have them covering your head and coordinating waving a flag and singing after a few pints is going to be out of the question for some. Will look good though.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I applaud this, well done to all concerned!!

I propose that ‘The Wonder of You’ or ‘The Wonder of Wolves’ if you prefer, be adopted as our anthem!!!

Would love to see it being sung with gold and black scarves held aloft everywhere…. that’s my dream!!

And please don’t say it’s impossible :)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to them. Good idea and will help.

I do find it funny that all these things get put forward though when the solution was fairly simple. We have been arguably the worst team to watch pound for pound in the country for the past 12-18 months so it's no surprise the atmosphere.

Then, when we're no longer rubbish to watch against West Ham and Liverpool, the atmosphere is much improved!

I think this group will help but, as always, the main factor on the atmosphere is the team and thankfully, irrespective of the score, it now seems we have a team that will have a go and that will help the atmosphere considerably.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Good luck to OGP, anything thats raises the atmosphere at Molineux and makes it more intimidating is o.k by me.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are flags not a pain in the whatsit for fans situated directly behind those waving them?
Wotsits are not allowed in the south bank,ony cheese and onion crisps.I gather yow wow be waving one then,

They will ony be waved as the players enter the pitch,the same as livar pool.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the display Forest did for there game v dirty Leeds It looked fantastic.Something needs to be done because it’s getting really boring in the south bank .Having said that,it did seem more vocal this last couple of games .So let’s hope we can keep it up .I’m all for it anyway and I’m bloody 70 and can still outsing these youngsters.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the display Forest did for there game v dirty Leeds It looked fantastic.Something needs to be done because it’s getting really boring in the south bank .Having said that,it did seem more vocal this last couple of games .So let’s hope we can keep it up .I’m all for it anyway and I’m bloody 70 and can still outsing these youngsters.
South Bank is a shadow of a reflection of a cheap imitation of what it was. People too busy recording their YouTube VLog or instagramming to sing.

*waves fist at sky*

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They can improve the atmosphere by not playing constant music before the game so fans can’t sing. We can only sing when the club allows us to - when they play hi ho silver lining.
I think they should mix it up a bit with showing old clips of great Wolves moments e.g. RAN’s goal v Everton and Gomes’ goal v Soton on the screens. Bit like the ‘made me emotional’ videos.

superwolves

Reaction score
Sing your hearts out for the lads
It's what we're there for it's our way of helping the team

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awesome. Need to be persistent with it aswell not just do it for two games and nock it on the head.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awesome. Need to be persistent with it aswell not just do it for two games and nock it on the head.
That will depend on how the flags are treated,if they put them behind the chair the same way they found them then it might work.What won’t work is if the flags are on the floor and people have walked on them to get out after the match.Just thinking about this and I wonder if they could put a clip somewhere on the barrier so you can just fix it to that when they have finished waving them ? And leave them there for the next game,it will save the helpers bring them in and putting the back every time .

Reaction score
I think it is a great idea, will add a visual impact to the match day atmosphere.

For those of us old enough, remember the 1980 League Cup Final, thousands upon thousands of Wolves banners, will never forget that.

I watch a bit of Italian football, many teams have banners waving through out the game, Roma and Sampdoria especially.

We could have images of great old players, todays players, the badge, Wolverhampton coat of arms, 1877, a trophy banner, of all the trophies won in the past, leave room for more to come!!

So many options, would be good to get the fans involved on design and content.

We tend to forget that we were an average First Division team playing against the European Champions.... it holds so much merit than todays Manchester City league cup steamroller of today.

We were massive, massive underdogs and watching it back again just now, they murdered us for the majority of the game but as a 12 year old listening to it on the radio ( no live coverage back then) it was amazing, especially given the comeback against (Wrexham?) in the semis.

That day cemented me as a Wolves fan.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
We tend to forget that we were an average First Division team playing against the European Champions.... it holds so much merit than todays Manchester City league cup steamroller of today.

We were massive, massive underdogs and watching it back again just now, they murdered us for the majority of the game but as a 12 year old listening to it on the radio ( no live coverage back then) it was amazing, especially given the comeback against (Wrexham?) in the semis.

That day cemented me as a Wolves fan.
Memories differ I guess, but I remember going into the Forest game thinking we had a great chance to beat them. We finished 6th that season, Forest were 5th and we would have finished above them if we hadn’t lost at home on the last day of the season. We were great away from home that season and had no fear against anyone.

Back
Top Bottom