Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

OGP Flaggin'

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant initiative. Thanks to everyone involved. As others have said I would be very happy to contribute funds for further initiatives.

Have you thought about putting a sticker on the flagpoles asking for them to be left behind?
Stickers my first thought as well. Explain that they’re fan funded and arranged by volunteers!
Also, couple of bins at the exits for people to deposit them?

This is great btw, hope you can keep it up. Even though I do feel the club should be helping out financially, especially with what’s riding on these last couple of home fixtures.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe people didnt know they had to be left. The entire south bank "Should be" season tickets who ALL got emailed about it. So for 50% to steal the flags just makes me depressed tbh. People were leaving with armfuls and if you tried to tell anyone they needed to be left you got told to F off. They'll just keep getting pinched sadly, we live in a world where nobody has respect for anybody else.

Been in the SB for 20 years and in the last 3 years I've suddenly seen 2 incidents of racism, toxic chanting and now this lot. Makes me so embarrassed.

Ebbo

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious they weren't supposed to be taken home! A fan funded initiative, meaning a free flag on some seats... not "here's a free flag to take home". We were all emailed about it. Surely people don't need it spelling out to leave them where they were after the game. But no, It seems they do!! :oops:

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Fans have been emailed again today from the club, with a push to hopefully get some of the flags back. The club have been ace in supporting us with this, we just need the fans to continue playing their part now.

We’ve opened up a donation link via PayPal (for now until we find something a little kinder on fees!) which you can find via our website Old Gold Pack

See below for a screenshot of the email from Wolves to STH’s in the South Bank:

1682337361213.png

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foreign fans have collection boxes for their Tifo.Just think how much could be made if everyone dropped 20pence in it.And what about a stall on the fan park so fans can donate flags and banners as they wish.I think you are all doing a fantastic job and hope people realise you are doing it to help make molinuex a fun place for the young fans.Great job you’re doing,keep the good work up lads/lasses.

wesley

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious they weren't supposed to be taken home! A fan funded initiative, meaning a free flag on some seats... not "here's a free flag to take home". We were all emailed about it. Surely people don't need it spelling out to leave them where they were after the game. But no, It seems they do!! :oops:
The quality of the flags and poles meant it was obvious they weren't freebies. I was shocked to see people leaving with them after Brentford.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to the organisers. It looks good now there's a large mass of them. It's a shame people are taking them home, although if they genuinely didn't know they should leave them I can understand why they took them. I like the idea of having a bin at the exit to put them in. I don't know how feasible it is though.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans have been emailed again today from the club, with a push to hopefully get some of the flags back. The club have been ace in supporting us with this, we just need the fans to continue playing their part now.

We’ve opened up a donation link via PayPal (for now until we find something a little kinder on fees!) which you can find via our website Old Gold Pack

See below for a screenshot of the email from Wolves to STH’s in the South Bank:

View attachment 34241
Want to say a big well done on the flag’s and in getting a rare trip into the South Bank as a Member v Brentford, it made the afternoon that much sweeter.

One must give an apology for being 1 of the 500, for not seeing the notice on Socials til after the game and thus taking one upon leaving.

So despite me being in the Graham Hughes tomorrow night, I shall pop mine back where it belongs and ensures it adds one back on to the total.

Keep up the excellent work which you have just started!

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe people didnt know they had to be left. The entire south bank "Should be" season tickets who ALL got emailed about it. So for 50% to steal the flags just makes me depressed tbh. People were leaving with armfuls and if you tried to tell anyone they needed to be left you got told to F off. They'll just keep getting pinched sadly, we live in a world where nobody has respect for anybody else.

Been in the SB for 20 years and in the last 3 years I've suddenly seen 2 incidents of racism, toxic chanting and now this lot. Makes me so embarrassed.
But they are the "real fans" who never leave until the end....and mock everybody else.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Yes, this is something we’re currently working out. The support from fans has been incredible and a lot have offered to support financially, which is amazing.

We want to ensure we’re choosing a platform that will enable us to utilise the money in the best way (not charge substantial fees etc) so that we can make the most of what is donated.

We will also be offering mini-flags/wavers for sale through our site with any profits on these going directly into future displays - we’re not interested in this being profitable for OGP.

More on this soon!
And if you get hold of Gornal Wolf's "You've let us down Again" banner/flag, please donate it to Wolves Museum.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
But they are the "real fans" who never leave until the end....and mock everybody else.
Thats harsh. In our defence we're not all the same, I've left one game early in 25 years (Man Utd 5-0 March 2012) my lad was 8 and in tears. And the South Bank has not been the same since 2018, many of the "legacy" fans have gone and the next generation are exactly the sort who constantly sell their season ticket at a profit and create this bizarre set of people you've never seen before at every game (or maybe any game). These people are often caricatures of what they think football supporters are, bawdy. ignorant, casually racist with no sense of irony or camaraderie that would accompany chanting and banter in the past. Things change, not always for the good.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Thats harsh. In our defence we're not all the same, I've left one game early in 25 years (Man Utd 5-0 March 2012) my lad was 8 and in tears. And the South Bank has not been the same since 2018, many of the "legacy" fans have gone and the next generation are exactly the sort who constantly sell their season ticket at a profit and create this bizarre set of people you've never seen before at every game (or maybe any game). These people are often caricatures of what they think football supporters are, bawdy. ignorant, casually racist with no sense of irony or camaraderie that would accompany chanting and banter in the past. Things change, not always for the good.
That was the good thing about terracing you could stand amongst like minded people or move away from people who were irritating. Whereas now you’re stuck in your seat and it’s just luck if you have idiots by or next to you.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Watching from SB Upper definitely less flags than last game. Still very impressive when they are being waved.

A few more and it would look awesome.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good showing thought the flag in Northbank looked good aswel.

Still saw one bell end who left with a flag shouting to alI was here when bully played so I'm taking it...then saying he was here for divok origi!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brought mine back and one handed it to a South Bank Steward who came over and requested it. Add one more to the total.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done for organizing.

Why would anyone want to keep a flag anyway? Who waves a Wolves flag or has it on show outside of Molineux?!

Gromit

Reaction score
Looked really good in full flow last night from my seat in the BW. Eldest daughter had one on her seat in the SB she was so chuffed. (She left it behind btw!).
Well done OGP keep up the good work.

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Thanks all! Havent had a chance to count up just how many we got back after the game but certainly seemed like we had a few back - thank you all for your help with that!

Some great pics last night here - got lots more planned for the final home games so keep your eyes peeled.

We need the fans onboard with this so very grateful for the support it’s getting!

Attachments

• 48c8cc3d-876f-4aee-98a3-f4a63db567ab.jpeg
    48c8cc3d-876f-4aee-98a3-f4a63db567ab.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20ecdfb4-85d7-4b8c-ba89-58d8906411c6.jpeg
    20ecdfb4-85d7-4b8c-ba89-58d8906411c6.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    894.3 KB · Views: 43

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Still saw people leaving with them last night, ironically these weren't youngsters but people older than me and I'm in my late 50's.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks all! Havent had a chance to count up just how many we got back after the game but certainly seemed like we had a few back - thank you all for your help with that!

Some great pics last night here - got lots more planned for the final home games so keep your eyes peeled.

We need the fans onboard with this so very grateful for the support it’s getting!
Do you know if the stewards are ok with supporters bringing their own flags in? I know a few lads who have flags from the Wembley semi that they want to put on poles but have been put off by the thought of stewards not letting them bring them in.

I saw a fella with a flag after the match. People were telling him he should’ve left it but he said that it was his own so I presume stewards have been briefed.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done again last night to all the volunteers...a lot of hard work goes unnoticed at the club ...so credit when it's due, you all did fantastic and was rightly rewarded with a win...

Everything before the game showed the passion we have for our club ....I thought the team being announced by the young lad was tremendous and boy did he do a great job ......

Well done everybody involved....,...

Last edited:

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still saw people leaving with them last night, ironically these weren't youngsters but people older than me and I'm in my late 50's.
There was a Bostin flag in my seat last night which had gone by the end of the game.
South Bank is about 90% empty by the time I get out and I doubt if half the flags were left behind, maybe only a quarter.

Back
Top Bottom