Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Official response to the blue plaque - this says it all

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
As one of the founders of the Football League Wolves are to receive a special blue plaque stating this fact. Lovely.

So what is the official Wolves response?

According to the E&S, Wolves head of communications Matt Grayson said: “The plaque is likely to take pride of place in our new club museum.”

It is the very nature of a blue plaque that it be fitted to the exterior of a building. But Wolves will, to quote Mrs Mitchell, "charge the people a dollar and a half just to see em". Or £7.

Once more Wolves has it wrong. Celebrating a glorious prestigious history by inappropriately trying to make money.

PUT IT ON THE STADIUM EXTERIOR WALL!!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well something like that should always be on the outside.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
should go outside but I'm not too bothered to be honest

K

kapitiwolf

I agree it should go outside

Of course on the outside of the main entrance,cemented in the brickwork so it won't be nicked,and covered in a coating of anti-graffiti clear layer so it cannot be ruined.;)

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The very nature of the blue plaque is to show the public a place of 'historical importance', hiding it away in a museum and charging people to see it kind of defeats the object.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They can stick it in there if they like as long as they leave space for the League 1 trophy!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i would happily swap it for 3 points tomorrow.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

I agree with OP. Typical and this is what tarnishs the club's image, Mr Marketing Man Grayson.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be on the outside but it looks crap anyway!

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
I think it's what it represents in relation to the £7 a throw museum, and the club's attitude to its fans. It's symbolic. Anyway i have emailed the club wth a polite email (NO CAPITALS!). No, really. I have. I'll let you know if they think I am as daft as you do.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
Immediate email acknowledgement.

"Dear Supporter
Thank you for your email.
We value your opinion and are committed to responding to you. However please note that during busy periods it can take several days to get back to you and we would appreciate your patience and understanding whilst we address your correspondence.
If you are contacting us to register a complaint, please follow the attached link and submit your complaint as outlined in our Customer Charter; http://www.wolves.co.uk/fans/customerservices.aspx
Kind regards
Customer Services"

Mr and Mrs Services and their son or daughter, Customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

It's the principle of it that has most likely rattled some and I don't blame them.

The very nature of a plaque is that it is to be seen so putting it in a museum defeats the object somewhat unless you're happy to pay which is outrageous.

That said it's a minor issue compared with all the other $$$$ ups the club has made but understandable some feel that yet again the club has messed up.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's what it represents in relation to the £7 a throw museum, and the club's attitude to its fans. It's symbolic. Anyway i have emailed the club wth a polite email (NO CAPITALS!). No, really. I have. I'll let you know if they think I am as daft as you do.

Haha fair play. It's not for me to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't be bothered by mate.

I just don't get bothered by things like this. Each to their own.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree it should be displayed on the exterior of the stadium in a prominent position. Am I going to $$$$ my pants because it's not? No. We have much bigger issues at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Broadbent

Are you saying a) there shouldn't be a museum, or b) there shouldn't be a £7 charge to get in it?

It just seems like you're looking for reasons to complain or to bring attention to yourself to be honest.

Tomorrow is the first day of the season and of an exciting new era and you just complain about this. Oh dear.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been given to the club, the supporters are the club, therefore they should be able to see this commemorative plaque without having to pay for it however small an item some people think it is. It is for all of us.

M

Major Winters

People are REALLY bothered by this?! I'll wait until the Stan Cullis and Billy Wright statues are dragged into the museum foyer before getting too wound up about it.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not going to get worked up over this, but I think maybe the op does have a point of sorts.
I thought the whole idea of blue plaques was for them to be visible to the public, to show places of specific interest or significance? To that end, the plaque should be on public display on the outside of the Billy Wright.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been tossing and turning all night since I read this wasnt going on an exterior wall.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going to get worked up over this, but I think maybe the op does have a point of sorts.
I thought the whole idea of blue plaques was for them to be visible to the public, to show places of specific interest or significance? To that end, the plaque should be on public display on the outside of the Billy Wright.

Agree Mutchy.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that the paque should probably be on display outside where everyone can see it,
Wolves head of communications Matt Grayson said: “The plaque is likely to take pride of place in our new club museum.â€

I think the key word in the quote is likely. This suggests no decision on where it will go has been made yet. I would hope if the club are made aware that people think the plaque should be outside then thats where it will end up.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've made my feelings clear on them charging a fee to see our history, I completely agree with your post.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been given to the club, the supporters are the club, therefore they should be able to see this commemorative plaque without having to pay for it however small an item some people think it is. It is for all of us.

Hear, hear.

D

Deleted member 3604

I thought these things were attributed to a building rather than the actual club itself so Derby, Stoke and Bolton are a bit buggered. This is where such and such ..... Etc etc. When the football league was founded I don't think we played at Molineux did we ? Have to say the Museum is the ideal place to put it. It's a trophy, it's a recognition so put it where all the others are.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club again guilty of confusing fans with customers.

I agree with the OP.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fully agree Mutchy, well said. Why not attach it to Billys statue, a fitting place in my mind, everyone looks at the statue and takes pictures etc. We are after all one of the most famous clubs in the World.

M

MonkeySpanner

It's little things like this that show why we are not in tune with supporters and that there is no common sense ruling at Wolves.

It should go up outside on the wall of Molineux for all to see, admire and be proud of.

L

lostinbristol

Any scope for putting it outside the entrance to the museum? :)

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be outside but 3 points tomorrow and promotion is my greater concern at the mo!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's little things like this that show why we are not in tune with supporters and that there is no common sense ruling at Wolves.

It should go up outside on the wall of Molineux for all to see, admire and be proud of.

The sent out surveys in the last 2 weeks to fans many of whom I'm sure would have mentioned how we don't like being treated as cash cows who they only want to know when it suits them (eg when they have early bird season tickets to sell) and how we don't like the fact that they charge £7 to visit the museum to see OUR history. Then they do this.

Why bother with the survey if they're not going to take heed.

Back
Top Bottom