Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno will just keep getting linked

D

Deleted member 3751

Totally agree. Been saying for a while that right now I'd be giving him a new deal on double the money (which would still only have him on as much as Bielsa at Leeds!!). It would take money out of the equation should anyone come calling and make it a purely football decision

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we should only link credible threads or stories from good sources. I know we’re all bored but some of the stories on HITC my goldfish would laugh at.

Neves wolf

Reaction score
Reports from Portugal newspaper that wolves are after bénéficia manager Bruno lage as wolves prepare for Nuno departure. Hope this is wrong

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be totally gutted if he were to leave.
Cannot see it happening though.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t know if any of our Portuguese speakers can explain what is being discussed here..

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading between the lines it looks like Chelsea have got Nuno on a shortlist and the story has broke in Portugal that Fosun have got there sites on Bruno should it happen; there is no clear indication that Nuno has been approached or that he has accepted.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’ve got to sell newspapers in the close season so don’t expect them to kill farfetched rumours just yet.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea with a potential transfer ban and Hazard leaving? Not a great career move for Nuno and hugely risky. Still it's good to see Fosun have a successor plan in place should it hapen. Wouldn't like to see an excessive delay like the idiots up the A41.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea with a potential transfer ban and Hazard leaving? Not a great career move for Nuno and hugely risky. Still it's good to see Fosun have a successor plan in place should it hapen. Wouldn't like to see an excessive delay like the idiots up the A41.
That’s my take on it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I’m sure that’s what would happen. If he leaves at some point it will either be because Fosun wants him to leave or because there is a football or personal opportunity too good to pass up.

I hear there's a job going down the road.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For several years now I’ve been amazed that anybody would work for Roman A. at Chelsea. He goes through managers like changing socks. Here is Sarri, about a year in, finished in 3rd, won the Europa and has had to worry since Xmas, if he’s getting the sack.

I think we’re safe with Nuno from the big guys. Let’s be objective and see Nuno from Chelsea’s point of view. What has Nuno done to even consider him for the short list? Roman A wants success now.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took a team from the bottom half of the Championship into Europe within 2 years, winning, and losing, along the way with grace and dignity.

The 1st part would be desirable to Chelsea.... the 2nd part completely rules him out.
Please forgive me but I hope your wrong only because Nuno is ours and I’d hate to see him leave......I’d be totally gutted.
However, I do feel what Nuno has accomplished and in a short timeframe, although impressive, would not be enough for United, Chelsea,Real,Bayern etc.

Besides, Fosun,Wolves mgt. and Nuno are all realistic......they all know that the big successes take a bit of time,( the project), and Nuno would love to see that come to fruition.

D

Deleted member 5635

When is the new contract announced that's usually how this works. Deserves it tbf

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno's gonna leave eventually, what's more important than when, is how we cope and what we do to keep things behind the scenes the same. Another Portuguese manager would be a good start.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno was to leave now(which I really don’t believe will happen) I could see Fosun going back for lopetegui.

M

Mr Wolf

He’s not going anywhere this summer, personally I can’t see him managing another club in England. Very rare you get Managers at clubs in the same league moving on. Potch is probably the only one I can think of recently.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The Dr isn't going anywhere and won't be deserting a situation where Fosun have been and will be giving him what he wants.

A ground root project opportunity to develop a playing philosophy and take it all the way is an absolute dream.....you can't beat this sort of satisfaction.

As long as all parties are attuned and getting what they are looking for it's a perfectly blissful state.

He can go somewhere 'established' and more potent but the pressure with expectation could easily suffocate him.....most top clubs want it to all work instantly.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the draw of Chelsea? Man Utd maybe you'd risk it for - but not Chelsea

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who ever follows Nuno will be our version of Fergi leaving Man Utd and us getting a David moyers, the bloke will struggle to follow in his footsteps.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

I don't see him leaving for any other position in the PL, unless it was for ManU, which has not been rumoured. But AC Milan? He would leave right away and tripling his pay would not make a whit of difference.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody on here seems to think that Nuno gave his word to Wolves/Fosun but would walk away so easily if he got a call from Chelsea.
He’s a man of honour, people.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a very rich man already I believe. It ain't all about the dollars

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Nuno came to Wolves he was given a blank sheet of paper.

He is being associated with this project.

Can you imaging Man Utd, Chelsea or anyone else saying"this is your project" , you will be associated with something remarkable - The Fosun Project to conquer European Football.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Having already managed in the Champions League with Porto, I think (hope) Nuno will only leave us for one of the European 'super' clubs (I'd include Milan in that because of their history, not where they are today). As others have mentioned, I think the role he has at Wolves, being the central part of a hugely ambitious project (together with a very good salary!) should mean he's not tempted or distracted by other jobs at clubs slightly higher than us in the food chain (e.g. Chelsea).

I'll be more concerned when United sack Solskjaer half-way through next season, or when Simeone eventually leaves Atletico.

Re the Milan links, it looks likely that Marco Giampaolo from Sampdoria will take over there.

D

Deleted member 5242

Considering how we did against the top 6 I'm surprised there hasn't been any big money links to our player....yet! Let alone Nuno and his team of miracle makers.

S

ShropshireLad

Reports from Portugal newspaper that wolves are after bénéficia manager Bruno lage as wolves prepare for Nuno departure. Hope this is wrong
And the conspiracy theory keeps whirling and whirling as the vortex gets deeper and deeper. We haven't bought anyone yet as we want our new manager to choose his own players from the money we get for Jota and Neves.:eek::cool::p

Back
Top Bottom