Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno to Spurs? New rumour

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Levy quite keen on replacing Jose with Nuno if the latter fails to get CL football secured for next season according to the Daily Mail.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think there's anything in it, but Spurs fan's not liking the idea of this rumour at all!

Seen plenty of posts & comments saying how it'd just be replacing one park the bus merchant with another, one fossil for another, replacing Mourinho with the demo version etc. etc.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one although probably rubbish does seem on face value to have better legs than previous rumours I have seen. Would seem a natural step for Nuno and also Spurs probably outside of the CL then they will not get a real top class candidate.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think there's anything in it, but Spurs fan's not liking the idea of this rumour at all!

Seen plenty of posts & comments saying how it'd just be replacing one park the bus merchant with another, one fossil for another, replacing Mourinho with the demo version etc. etc.
And one (Nuno) who hasn’t the track record of trophies that Mourinho has. It’s sad that Wolves are now seen as a slow and cautious, park the bus team, which hasn’t done Nuno’s reputation much good either.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lol @ demo version

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And one (Nuno) who hasn’t the track record of trophies that Mourinho has. It’s sad that Wolves are now seen as a slow and cautious, park the bus team, which hasn’t done Nuno’s reputation much good either.

It's a short term reputation. The media were raving the previous 3 seasons (even though we realised Nuno was safety first). If it continues next season then it's area for concern.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't see Nuno's stock as being particularly high at present. Coaches like Nagelsmann, Rodgers and even Potter are probably far more attractive candidates for a club like Spurs at present.

Nagelsmann and Rodgers will surely be going onto better things than Spurs when they choose to move on. Potter. No chance.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see this. Nuno's stock has fallen in the last year. Had we continued on the same trajectory I'd be very concerned at losing him but can't see any of the more glamorous clubs being interested at the moment.

That said, I love the man and am happy to see him remain with us and hopefully correct some wrongs and get us back on track.

D

Deleted member 11332

Nagelsmann and Rodgers will surely be going onto better things than Spurs when they choose to move on. Potter. No chance.

If someone gives potter a chance he will do well I think. As a coach you can't argue with the style of play he's created with Brighton, if they even had a half decent PL forward line they'd probably be about 8th.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure he is on a shortlist same as we have managers on a shortlist in case it happens
Nothing news

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a short term reputation. The media were raving the previous 3 seasons (even though we realised Nuno was safety first). If it continues next season then it's area for concern.
Although we’ve been mostly poor, slow and negative since the re-start last season, Nuno deserves a free hit this season given what he has achieved the previous seasons. But, as you wrote, next season will be a defining one for him. If we start off with the same slow, turgid stuff without many goals it may signal a change is needed.

Reactions: Ian

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nagelsmann who most Spurs fans wanted to replace Mourinho seemed set for a move to Bayern with Flick getting the national team job....

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It says an awful lot about the way this season has been that when I saw this rumour on Twitter, I didn't panic and wasn't overly bothered.
I'd much prefer he is poached then the inevitable sacking

A lot of fans still not over McCarthy's sacking - maybe he was going on a 14 game winless run for fun and was just about to guide us to safety.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people will be delighted if he goes based on the last few months .

Aren't people amazing? :D Imagine if Nuno did go to Spurs...and we got a new manager. Would all those who want Nuno to stay forever, want the new man to fail? Would they be on his back after the first defeat? When Nuno joined, there were plenty not happy with him and who wanted Lambert to stay. Nothing wrong with that, nobody really knew how it would turn out.

Just saying, there's no easy answers, we all have our biases and they are nigh on impossible to see in ourselves, though easy to ridicule others who "got it wrong, doh". It's probably a good job The Mix doesn't seem to go back to far as I'm sure we've all said things we were 100% convinced by, that turned out 100% wrong. :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much prefer he is poached then the inevitable sacking

A lot of fans still not over McCarthy's sacking - maybe he was going on a 14 game winless run for fun and was just about to guide us to safety.

So true! And a lot of fans are not over keeping McCarthy the summer of the season before when it was *obvious* we were in freefall. Funny how we hit the top of the Premier League for the only time ever at the start of the next, relegation season. I bet there was much gloating from the diehard McCarthy fans on our "Title Challenge". :)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they would be looking at him as a replacement for Mourinho.
Just seems like the wrong fit.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been said before, but Nuno sides just don't play the type of football that top sides expect.

That's part of the reason why he didn't do well at Valencia or Porto. They are sides that expect to completely dominate games and score plenty of goals.

It's also part of the reason why Mourinho has struggled more recently at sides like United and Spurs. His style is very similar to Nuno's and fans of those sides just don't accept it, even more so when results are poor. Even some Wolves fans struggle to accept our style of football at the moment!

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs fans not liking it adds to its legitimacy. I'm sure Levy just makes decisions to wind them up at times.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to nitpick but that is like saying Poch didn't do very well at Spurs.

Edit: That's a lie I love to nitpick.

Yeah, 4th with Valencia is decent. Probably should've said part of the reason why he wasn't accepted and only did 1 and a bit seasons. It's fair to say the Spurs fans warmed to Poch a lot more than Valencia fans warmed to Nuno.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, 4th with Valencia is decent. Probably should've said part of the reason why he wasn't accepted and only did 1 and a bit seasons. It's fair to say the Spurs fans warmed to Poch a lot more than Valencia fans warmed to Nuno.
That is fair to say. They really didn't like having "Mendes's puppet"

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't buy Nuno as being safety first. He wouldn't have ever played Traore at wing back if that was the case.
I don't see our performance against west brom as being safety first. Or the two against west ham as being safety first. I think it's quite sad considering some of the football we've played at times that he's garnered that reputation just because he hasn't been all out attack all the time.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at it from a clinical point of view it actually may make sense to Fosun. All managers have a certain shelf life, and not many get past 5 years. In most cases its the club that decides to move on and has to bear the cost of paying off the contract. This way we actually make money on a manager, with compensation. I appreciate you still need to bring someone in and may have to pay compo ourselves. But at least we would have had Spurs cover that.

This isn't me wishing for this, just an alternative perspective

D

Deleted member 8913

Hold on....don’t half of this messageboard think Nuno can’t take us to the next level and we should get rid of him at the end of the season? If he went to Spurs like Doc wouldn’t that save us the expense of firing him? And we could get a proven winner like Mourinho? Wouldn’t everybody think that’s a win win win all round?

unless you are Chinese like confuscius who believes even the longest journey begins with just one step.?

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If someone gives potter a chance he will do well I think. As a coach you can't argue with the style of play he's created with Brighton, if they even had a half decent PL forward line they'd probably be about 8th.
Agreed. If Nuno were to go I wouldn’t mind potter. His teams with worse individual players than ours create a fair amount of chances per game. They basically are missing jiminez putting the ball in the net.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been said before, but Nuno sides just don't play the type of football that top sides expect.

That's part of the reason why he didn't do well at Valencia or Porto. They are sides that expect to completely dominate games and score plenty of goals.

It's also part of the reason why Mourinho has struggled more recently at sides like United and Spurs. His style is very similar to Nuno's and fans of those sides just don't accept it, even more so when results are poor. Even some Wolves fans struggle to accept our style of football at the moment!
If Mourinho had took United back to winning the PL the fans wouldnt have cared less about the style of play (finishing between liverpool and City is a bitter pill) same as playing the "spurs way" its a total myth, if they were successful the fans wouldnt care.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The blueprint for Nuno success in future is to look to see if he can emulate Diego Simeone who had a reputation of being a cautious manager but has evolved the last 12 months.

I dont believe that any manager wants to be negative, its about what players you have (or can attract) and playing a way to win games. If Pep went from City tomorrow and Nuno got the gig, he wouldnt turn them into how we play.

Back
Top Bottom