Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno Sent him back!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have you seen the state of the interview Cutrone has given the Italian press.
How dare he!

Nuno had a dream
To build a football team
Signed a young Striker from Milaaaan.
That lad was crap
We made him pack
His name's Cutrone
And we sent him back!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought it was fair enough to be honest. Nuno didn't think he was good enough, he didn't think he'd had a fair chance to show he was. Thanked the fans for making him welcome. Didn't work out, no need to be bitter.
I am a little bit bitter. I loved the cutrone song.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Nuno showed loyalty to his favourites like Jimenez'
Now I can't believe for one second that Cutrone would ever say something like that. Jimenez is a star player, Cutrone knows that.
I'd be more inclined to believe there's a bit of media twisting and translation issues going on.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he started crying after scoring that one goal I said to my old man that he reminded me of ketspia(thinks that’s how you spell it. Bald bloke from Newcastle)when he went bonkers after scoring and tried to destroy the advertising board. Never saw much of him after that either.....

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we buying established players that the manager doesn't think are good enough ?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let Cutrone go.
I don´t find anything he has said in any way controversial.
That Nuno ain´t gonna be his favourite is just normal,and vice versa I do presume.
Cutrone will do okay in serie A,and we will do okay in the Premier League.
Couldn´t be better surely?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I can't believe for one second that Cutrone would ever say something like that. Jimenez is a star player, Cutrone knows that.
I'd be more inclined to believe there's a bit of media twisting and translation issues going on.
It is true though. What is wrong with that?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't disagree with Cutrone's take on things. I think Nuno does have his favourites, and he could have given Cutrone more chances. Raul was definitely below par earlier this season because he was totally knackered from being over-played. I think Costa (a favourite) was given way more chances than Cav (not a favourite) last season, until Nuno finally decided both were surplus to requirements. I think it's one of his Achilles heels, the other being an occasional tendency to make bad substitutions. But nobody's perfect. Just my opinion.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Misinterpretation of what was said, fairly complimentary about Wolves...

No problems here.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame he couldn't be patient like Adama and Dendonker had to be. Unfortunately for him big mouth and stubbornness has cost him a very lucrative career in the Premier League. Nuno was very fair with him.

Last edited:

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have zero issue with what Cutrone said, and it’s compatible with me also fully backing Nuno.

I think it does put into perspective all the ‘Nuno fell out with...’ rumours we’ve had about players at the manager’s previous clubs. Sometimes a player can’t get into a team, sometimes they voice their side in an interview, and that gets turned into a ‘fallout.’

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont see anything wrong in what he said tbh
He was treated poorly by Nuno in my opinion,several games Raul was dead on his feet yet Cutrone was left on the bench
Especially after the EL game which i thought he was excellent in
Obviously Nuno expects total commitment to his style,and anyone that speaks up about his decisions is a dead man walking
Cav was another example,he was always being pulled off first, even when Costa or Jota were having mares at the time
I dont know if either of them had fall outs with him,but it certainly points that way
Thats Nunos style i guess,we know he is stubborn and has shown in his press conferences he does not suffer fools,in his opinion,lightly
Cutrone was obviously one of those that needed an arm around him occasionally,and maybe Nuno doesnt do that kind of thing
Pity as i thought Cutrone could have become a really good player with us,but it was not to be so we move on
All managers have their own style ,and whatever Nuno is doing it seems to be working,it just wont work with every player and thats something we will have to get used to

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And got paid a hell of a lot of money for it.

So? That's the footballers life. They all get paid way too much regardless of how good they are or are not. Let's just find another stick to beat the lad with shall we?

Article was fine by me. Nothing offensive, nothing untrue.

It's like people want all players who leave to wax lyrical about us etc etc. Just about as sad as the clowns who complain to MOTD, Talksport and BBC Wm etc that we dont get talked about enough. So small time and desperate.

Cutrone has gone. Move on!!!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see anything wrong myself. However with regards to not being given a chance, from the outside to us fans it does seem a valid point, but I guess we have to remember we don’t see them in training. Who knows if he had a attitude, was lazy or perhaps he did everything right it was just one of those things.

No issue for me, it didn’t work out so we’ve moved on.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
So? That's the footballers life. They all get paid way too much regardless of how good they are or are not. Let's just find another stick to beat the lad with shall we?

Article was fine by me. Nothing offensive, nothing untrue.

It's like people want all players who leave to wax lyrical about us etc etc. Just about as sad as the clowns who complain to MOTD, Talksport and BBC Wm etc that we dont get talked about enough. So small time and desperate.

Cutrone has gone. Move on!!!
I wasn’t having a go at him. We bought him, Nuno didn’t rate him, he got sent back- got paid well for it. Fair play to the lad.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah I read it in Italian, it doesn't say that at all. I guess if you put it through Google translate maybe, but he basically inferred that the opportunities didn't come because the manager stuck with the players he knew, and he wanted to play football. Don't even recall it mentioning Jimenez.

I've seen all sorts of blown out of proportion translations on the Web, it was an interview barely even worthy of comment.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nuno sent him back
he wasn't really cack
but he didn't take his chances or score many goals
he cried when he scored, ended up getting bored
with no one to talk to he went back to his home

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comes off as someone not willing to see it through and fight for his place. Hard to have "favourites" when theres only 14 or 15 senior players. He certainly wasn't my favourite vs Besiktas when he kept missing chance after chance and got shown by Jota how to finish in front of goal.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
There is some talent there with Cutrone, but he needs to be more pragmatic to make the most of it.
I remember an instance where he piggy backed onto a defender after the ball had gone out and I don't think Nuno is a fan of this clowning around while on the pitch. There was also another time I remember where he was tearing forward on his own to close down defenders, beckoning his team mates to follow him. Almost trying to dictate the team's tactics himself. I think Nuno may have taken exception to that. Generally he came across a quite an immature footballer.

That and the evidence suggesting that he couldn't finish his dinner are probably why he was jettisoned.

But no hard feelings from me, hope he grows up a bit and makes the most of his talents.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonder how much all this pining for Cutrone is down to his song? I mean let’s be honest in the cold of day he tried hard but did he really look good enough? We all wanted him to do well but it didn’t work out and we’ve got our money back, that’s the end of it for me.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanted him to be Il Piccolo Toro but he was just an Italian Freddy Eastwood.

Sad it didn't work out, the fans really took to him really quickly in the same way they took to Freddy. There are plenty of players who have performed much better than him but not had the adulation he had.

Ran about a lot but couldn't hit a cows **** with a banjo. If Nuno decided he wasn't for us then it's no great loss and we all move on.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wasn’t willing to knuckle down and fight for a chance to wear the shirt.

Has previously stated by others, Traore and Dendoncker stuck it out and eventually broke through into the first team.

I don’t think Cutrone had the patience and may have rubbed Nuno up the wrong way.
But I’m only guessing.

I liked the lad, but if he was a potential problem child, I think we did well to move him on so quickly.
Look at how quickly Douglas disappeared after bringing himself to Nuno and other staffs attention (allegedly).

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wonder how much all this pining for Cutrone is down to his song? I mean let’s be honest in the cold of day he tried hard but did he really look good enough? We all wanted him to do well but it didn’t work out and we’ve got our money back, that’s the end of it for me.

Who the hell is pining for him? What we have is a number of idiots trying to find insults in an article where there are none and then a few more level headed mixers pointing this fact out.

No pining. Just a bunch of clowns who say Cutrone was crap but then can't let him go. Get over it!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who the hell is pining for him? What we have is a number of idiots trying to find insults in an article where there are none and then a few more level headed mixers pointing this fact out.

No pining. Just a bunch of clowns who say Cutrone was crap but then can't let him go. Get over it!
I will never get over it! Also I am deeply offended by this comment.

Marpol

Reaction score
I liked him. Nuno didn't. I have to accept that Nuno has more say than I do over first-team selection. I'll get over it.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
Cutrone was never given a proper run in the team. He could have been good for us if given a chance. There were many games jimenez should have been rested as he looked leggy.

I would not be surprised if he goes onto great things back in Italy.

I would, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never given enough time in my book. He obviously did not train well either as nuno has persisted much longer with worse. Either that or a bad attitude

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone was obviously not cut out for the way we play. Loads of running about but not much else. Nuno was bob on in my view. Contrast with Neto who is younger. Much more raw and yet working really well in the side.

Back
Top Bottom