Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno sees the problems

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to the E&S Nuno says in his after match interview he wants faster play but the players are going sideways and slowing it all down. I’m not saying Nuno’s tactics and personnel aren’t contributing to how we play but it seems to me he is just ever so slightly pointing the finger at the players there. Looks like the team are shot of confidence and are constantly looking to take the safe pass rather than be brave. Doesn’t bode well if as we will need brave players with the position we’re in now. I don’t know the answer but I hope we can find one very soon.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly that. Far too slow

moutinho slows the play down far too much

coady constantly calls for players to play it back to the defenders and we go nowhere

Where’s the crisp pass and move play

time for vitinha and neves to play together and play football.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he sees the problems then I expect a massive improvement on Tuesday. I would also suggest he doesnt start Moutinho and Dendoncker on Tuesday and adopt a far more positive approach to the game. I want to see evidence on the pitch that he sees the problems as I'm sorry Nuno I have seen little evidence for several months now and time is ticking. Talk is just that. I and I am sure most of us want to see action.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he sees the problems then I expect a massive improvement on Tuesday. I would also suggest he doesnt start Moutinho and Dendoncker on Tuesday and adopt a far more positive approach to the game. I want to see evidence on the pitch that he sees the problems as I'm sorry Nuno I have seen little evidence for several months now and time is ticking. Talk is just that. I and I am sure most of us want to see action.
He's always seen the problems, the worrying thing is he doesn't seem to be able to do anything about them at the moment.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo did OK but in possession most times comes back on his right and slowed us down a lot

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think he might be part of the problem. Without his passing ability he is nothing other than a great personality. His passing is non existent currently
He certainly isn't selected for his defensive abilities.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He spends the whole game on the touchline. Had it not crossed his mind to convey his wishes to the team?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet he continues to select players who are out of form and employ tactics that make Pulis look like a reasonable solution.

Its pure pantomime.

Sirstancullis

Reaction score

I agree JOS.

We need to see some action, not just words. Nuno has been saying for weeks we look to improve and not make the same mistakes, yet the week after we make the same mistake.

However, it does seem slightly positive that Nuno realises we need to play with more pace and speed. The way we attack it is currently so easy to defend against.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's always seen the problems, the worrying thing is he doesn't seem to be able to do anything about them at the moment.

He seems clueless at present from what I have seen today. Cant believe it has gotten this bad. I dont believe anything will change on Tuesday or next Saturday to be honest. Can just see it being more of the players not keeping possession and handing the opposing side freedom of the pitch and the odd plucky counter attack leading to maybe one or two shots on target. Despite Nuno's words after games for several months now I am not seeing any real evidence that he is rectifying the major problems we have in various areas.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

According to the E&S Nuno says in his after match interview he wants faster play but the players are going sideways and slowing it all down. I’m not saying Nuno’s tactics and personnel aren’t contributing to how we play but it seems to me he is just ever so slightly pointing the finger at the players there. Looks like the team are shot of confidence and are constantly looking to take the safe pass rather than be brave. Doesn’t bode well if as we will need brave players with the position we’re in now. I don’t know the answer but I hope we can find one very soon.
Our play is too slow...your kidding, I’m glad it’s taken our highly paid experienced manager (who I still think is great btw) months to just notice this. Most fans could of told you that our play is too slow after being in hibernation after a weekend on the ale.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
I honestly think he might be part of the problem. Without his passing ability he is nothing other than a great personality. His passing is non existent currently
No totally. He makes us sit deep and never goes up even to the half way line. Now he is collecting the ball from to rui in the box from a goal kick. We have a big 6ft 3 striker and we play podence as a 9. There are many problems but to me the biggest is coady.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drop Coady, Moutinho and Dendoncker on Tuesday. Show some balls. Go with 4 at the back. Attack Arsenal as we did in the away game please Nuno. For the love of God not the tactics and some of the players from today. Midfield 3 of Neves, Otasowie and Podence as no 10. Jose, Neto and Traore across the front. Kliman and Boly as the two.

R

reanswolf

If you want to play with more precision and pace you need the players who can do that.
Mouts and Donk just cannot do that, nor can Vitinha at this juncture in his career.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too deep, far too slow, far too timid, far too predictable.

Nuno needs a mindset change, wont happen , which is why we wont improve , needs a change for me in the summer.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem obviously stems from midfield and has done all season imo. Nuno sets us up too defensively which is why we don’t score goals. If we concede first I just cannot see us scoring to get back into a game.

We have nobody in our midfield who creates goal, scores goals or gets anywhere near the opposition penalty area.

None of them take any risks and regularly (sorry always) take the soft option and pass backwards or sideways. We are so slow in our build up and getting the ball forward it is totally boring to watch now.

We do need a defensive midfield player and that must always be Neves. We are absolutely crying out for an attacking, goal scoring midfield player. Just look at the difference Fernandes has made at United and what the likes of De Bruyne, Grealish, Ward Prowse, Ndombele, Wijnaldum etc etc do for their respective clubs. Who have we got? Donk, who I am running out of patience with! Moutinho who is the big problem imo and Vitinha who is too lightweight.

That new midfield player wouldn’t come cheap but would make a massive difference imo.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No totally. He makes us sit deep and never goes up even to the half way line. Now he is collecting the ball from to rui in the box from a goal kick. We have a big 6ft 3 striker and we play podence as a 9. There are many problems but to me the biggest is coady.
It was highlighted by myself and a couple of others in the Chorley game about his vocals in the game. He’s loud yes but I’ve been listening to him carefully and he doesn’t really help anyone. Shouts HOLD a lot and always demands the ball to come back to him. Without his balls to doc he’s contributing nothing

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drop Coady, Moutinho and Dendoncker on Tuesday. Show some balls. Go with 4 at the back. Attack Arsenal as we did in the away game please Nuno. For the love of God not the tactics and some of the players from today. Midfield 3 of Neves, Otasowie and Podence as no 10. Jose, Neto and Traore across the front. Kliman and Boly as the two.
Sorry but no way, based on the last two games, should Pod be starting. He's been absolutely woeful.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I agree although I think Dendoncker has a lot to offer defensively.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha is worth a go. Certainly can control a ball and pass accurately
I think the time is coming for him to be given a vote of confidence and to play as an outright No.10 behind the three attackers. He either has got it or he hasn't. He is two years older than Silva and supposedly another 'generational talent'. So prove it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The excitement of watching Wolves has been replaced by a mixture of anger and embarrassment.
We are dropping like a stone.

Agree. I am both angry and depressed tonight. People say its only football but it means so much more than that especially with all the **** that is going on in the outside world. It is a distraction. Trouble is it is making everything feel even worse. We have gone from a well respected, drilled side with an identity to a total shambles of a team and tactics. I cant believe it.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you want to play with more precision and pace you need the players who can do that.
Mouts and Donk just cannot do that, nor can Vitinha at this juncture in his career.
Yep for me I think the only way things can change is with a change of personnel. Some good points in this thread re: Coady just sitting too deep. This in turn keeps our defensive line too deep and has an impact on our midfield too which probably don’t want to be too far upfield. Higher press is a must, speed in our attacks and have a word with Adama and tell him it’s ok to burst into the box now and again. Surely Adama running towards the area is most defenders nightmare.

D

Deleted member 4008

If he sees the problem obviously the players he has signed don't listen or are not good enough. He signed the players and coaches them so I have no sympathy regarding that . You win **** all with kids and they need a CD and a ******* CM that does not defend .

Back
Top Bottom