Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno sacked

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously?! We played unbelievable football under Nuno. Miles better than anything we’ve seen since.

I don’t doubt his last 12-15 months were a tough watch, but go back and rewatch some of highlights from the first 3 years in the Premier League.

We were electric at times.
Watching Jotas goal for Liverpool tonight reminded me of those days.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty Nuno and GON would be the Clough and Taylor of 2023

It’s not happening but if it did ………,,

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Nuno, he gave me the best of times as a fan. When I started in the old 4 division or when in League One, I never thought I’d be in Barcelona watching European Football so he’ll always get all my love and respect but he wasn’t without fault and whether it was him, Covid or Fosun (I’d hazard a guess at all 3) but it was a relationship that had run it’s course.

Personally (and I’m sure plenty won’t agree) but on a character level I see a lot of Nuno in GON. Both humble hard working characters who from that level it’s hard not to like. Both understood the importance of togetherness of a squad and had team morale very high. Both come over as someone in the “real world” you’d be happy to work for.

Both had gaps in their managerial pursuits. Nuno was stubborn, he had an approach that worked but didn’t know how to get away from it when it wasn’t. Looking back without rose tinted glasses his subs at time were poor (fa cup semi will always feel like a “could have been” moment and he was scared to experiment. Vitinha and Goncalves both gone on to great things but he wasn’t brave enough to use either. GON has holes as well which are well documented, but right now he SEEMS to be learning as he’s going after taking over at probably the worst time for any manager. Also worth noting the squad he has is pretty much inferior to Nuno from all angles.

GON deserves his chance to be sucessful at wolves (not sure how we measure that) and I hope Nuno is a success elsewhere as he deserves it.

All this talking of him coming back is like being married and looking at photos of your childhood first love on Facebook, pointless, disappointing and disrespectful to your current partner.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine;

For whatever reason, GON left on Sunday after the Sheff Utd game. Citing mutual consent.

Yesterday, after his sacking from Al whoever, he comes back to Wolves, until the end of the season.

Can you imagine, the hours, minutes, seconds leading up to Saturday? The build up of the atmosphere? Nuno coming back to Molineux?

It would be absolutely rocking like no other day or match since he left. We still have pictures of the man everywhere in Wolverhampton to this today. It would implode.
"Implode" excellent word.

Back
Top Bottom