Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno must fight his corner

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This summer is a huge one for Wolves, Nuno & Fosun. Nobody can argue that we haven’t gone backwards this season. A combination of selling important players, signings not good enough , a small squad and injuries have derailed us big time. I’ve made my thoughts known about Mendes and his player merry-go-round and I feel this summer Nuno must stand up to Jorge and if we are to use him then Nuno must demand a better calibre of player. It’s in everyone’s interest to keep moving forward so Nuno must refuse any player he isn’t convinced of. For me RAN, Silva, Vitinho and Semedo have not justified their fees/loans. Nuno must not let last summers transfer window happen again.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I’m one of Nuno’s biggest supporters but I can’t see how Fosun can see their way to giving him another cycle - his overall record is great - but al the rubbish has been this year. It’s not looking good for Nuno now I’m afraid. If you play Coady and Saiss in a four against Lingaard and Antonio then you’ve lost it. Really you have.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m one of Nuno’s biggest supporters but I can’t see how Fosun can see their way to giving him another cycle - his overall record is great - but al the rubbish has been this year. It’s not looking good for Nuno now I’m afraid. If you play Coady and Saiss in a four against Lingaard and Antonio then you’ve lost it. Really you have.
As much as I appreciate Coady & Saiss’s efforts for Wolves over the years there comes a time when you have to let players go in order to advance. That time has come I’m afraid for both.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Desperate for 2 out and out defenders, if we dont get them , you can forget 4 at the back for next season, we would get relegated.
It is a massive summer for me , and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a parting of the ways with Nuno.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me too

But despite everything, as a club we are in a better state than we have been for 40 odd years BEFORE the last couple of seasons

We need to think on that
It’s true and I’m not calling for Nuno to go believe me I like many others have seen some **** down the Molineux over the years so I know this is a minor blip but I can’t help feeling we’ve let a great chance of forcing ourselves into the top 8 slip away.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate Coady & Saiss’s efforts for Wolves over the years there comes a time when you have to let players go in order to advance. That time has come I’m afraid for both.

I think saiss can be a squad player but I agree on coady

We need to step up, seriously

And he can’t play in a two

Also, Ruben neves is our new club captain

Cruel but just how it has to be. I hope we have the defender we need lined up

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a complete overhaul of the starting 11 regardless of what system we use and more strength in depth.

I'd happily never see a number of these players never play for us again.

Where the money comes from to do this is another question I'd expect Traroe, Neto and Neves will be on the way out instead of building around them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even more reason
But where are you getting this optimism from? We didn't have a positive net spend last time, what if that has to happen again? Why are we going to identify good players now having not done it for two years?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But where are you getting this optimism from? We didn't have a positive net spend last time, what if that has to happen again? Why are we going to identify good players now having not done it for two years?

Because it’s more obvious than before - nuno is edging towards 4 at the back so we need a dominant centre half who can defend space, and Moutinho has lost 30-40% effectiveness so needs successor

Silva, Neto (and even Traore if he stays) will just devalue unless they play in a more effective team so there will be new - and impactful - additions. No idea if they will cost money, be loans, or Mendes calling in favours. But they will come

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno must go

No he shouldn’t!

Get fans back in the stadiums, our top players fit and a settled starting 11 and you will see a difference.

It may be the same for most teams in the Premier League this season but we seem to have suffered more than most. Raul, Jonny, Boly and Podence have been injured at various times this season and any team would miss players of that calibre. All 4 have been injured at the same time, not just one or two!

3 word sentences rarely make sense and at the moment yours is one of them!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss
Coady
Dendoncker

All need upgrading

plus a LB, CAM, and striker

Don’t see it myself
Not going to be cheap is it. If we sell Traore or Neves ( or both ) then they need replacing too
We’ve fannied around for 3/4 transfer windows now and all of a sudden it’s come home to roost

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if he builds the team for a 4 at the back or not.
If so it will require a lot of work in the market which could be difficult

Reactions: Ian

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it’s more obvious than before - nuno is edging towards 4 at the back so we need a dominant centre half who can defend space, and Moutinho has lost 30-40% effectiveness so needs successor

Silva, Neto (and even Traore if he stays) will just devalue unless they play in a more effective team so there will be new - and impactful - additions. No idea if they will cost money, be loans, or Mendes calling in favours. But they will come
I hope you're right, but many have felt it's been obvious for a while now. I don't have the faith you do, even if I agree it's obvious

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

There is no way on gods earth (I dispute it’s his, but that’s another story) that Neto will be playing for using next season. He’s going to move to what he perceives to be a bigger club - like villa, West Ham or Everton.

you can already see by his body language that he’s thinking “why am I playing for this tin pot club” and the fact that he hasn’t passed since December 4th confirms it really.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
There is no way on gods earth (I dispute it’s his, but that’s another story) that Neto will be playing for using next season. He’s going to move to what he perceives to be a bigger club - like villa, West Ham or Everton.

you can already see by his body language that he’s thinking “why am I playing for this tin pot club” and the fact that he hasn’t passed since December 4th confirms it really.
What a laugh, I trust that is a tongue in cheek comment!!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well that was constructive ..... so you think Fosun will let Neto go to villa or West Ham?

How much for then?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if he builds the team for a 4 at the back or not.
If so it will require a lot of work in the market which could be difficult
The summer transfer window is going to be really interesting. Hopefully we will be spending some money on upgrades on players to go straight into the starting 11. That will probably happen with at least one of our current starters leaving and that would be Traore for me. On his day unplayable, but I can’t remember one good consistent 90 minutes from him this season.

2 top class out and out central defenders to start with + an attacking central midfield player (as we have said for so long) and someone who can play out wide and be more consistent than Traore for me. Raul will be coming back, Silva is improving, keep Neto and get Podence fully fit. Buy RAN and Vitinha, send Jose back and send Kilman out on loan. Hopefully we will comply with FFP.

That’s my opinion and no doubt other Mixers will have theirs, but I hope this summer transfer window is better than last years.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

3 players in (not including Vitinha and Ait-Nouri, if we decide to sign either) minimum to start. 2x CB and 1 CM with pace and power. Maybe another forward for the bench.

I'd go 4-3-3

Patricio

Jonny/Ait-Nouri
Signing
Signing
Semedo

Neves
Signing
Donk/Mouts/Vitinha

Neto
Raul
Podence

The additions need to be of the highest quality but that would be pretty promising. Will say though no chance Nuno drops Coady ever.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 players in (not including Vitinha and Ait-Nouri, if we decide to sign either) minimum to start. 2x CB and 1 CM with pace and power. Maybe another forward for the bench.

I'd go 4-3-3

Patricio

Jonny/Ait-Nouri
Signing
Signing
Semedo

Neves
Signing
Donk/Mouts/Vitinha

Neto
Raul
Podence

The additions need to be of the highest quality but that would be pretty promising. Will say though no chance Nuno drops Coady ever.

Jonny won't be around for a year now if at all it's another horrific injury for him and will require another hamstring graft from his other leg , we definitely need a proper left back now.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer is a huge one for Wolves, Nuno & Fosun. Nobody can argue that we haven’t gone backwards this season. A combination of selling important players, signings not good enough , a small squad and injuries have derailed us big time. I’ve made my thoughts known about Mendes and his player merry-go-round and I feel this summer Nuno must stand up to Jorge and if we are to use him then Nuno must demand a better calibre of player. It’s in everyone’s interest to keep moving forward so Nuno must refuse any player he isn’t convinced of. For me RAN, Silva, Vitinho and Semedo have not justified their fees/loans. Nuno must not let last summers transfer window happen again.
As we know, Nuno brought in lots of defenders last summer. Plus Vitinha and Silva. Silva is beginning to settle in and Vitinha has barely had game time to make any kind of difference.

The PL is a different beast to what new players to the league have ever experienced and can take time to adapt. But the plethora of defenders added at the expense of other areas didn’t signal much of a change to a different way of playing. But at least we scored two from open play and Silva bagged a good goal. So I guess that’s progress at one end of the park. Pity it’s gone to crock at the other end.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno must go
It's easy to pile in with the comments of 'no he shouldn't' etc.
But if there were fans there tonight the atmosphere would have been evil at 3 nil.
And, If any of you were sat watching another team get battered like those first three shambolic goals you would all be thinking the manager was about the go.
I'm thinking Nuno has hit a brick wall, if I am honest.
The only issue is if the grass is greener/frying on to fire.

The owners - need to give nuno a viable squad, or get in a new miracle worker

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
I worry Nuno is a 1 trick pony, fantastic tactics and coaching when he's got a full squad but starts to unravel when things outside of his control go wrong.

Raul has been out for a while now, top class managers would have come up with another style to compensate by now.

As much as I love the bloke and will forever be grateful for what he's achieved i do think to get to the next level a new approach might be needed.

Back
Top Bottom