Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes return and “our Jack”

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he stood up to the pressure from the crowd and the opposition keen to snap into tackles against him fairly well in all honesty (by contrast, Haaland was utterly taken out of the game and could barely get a kick). Nunes looked more of a goal threat than he pretty much ever did for us.

The situation helped us this afternoon though in giving the crowd and the players a common "enemy" to go after rather than just traipsing on to the field after asking City players to "go easy on us" as they did as the end of Lage's reign and were promptly behind after 90 seconds. The intensity was there from kick-off as a result.

I think Nunes has probably realised that you don't just down tools on a club and its supporters now though. He was always going to get his move in any case with Shi selling anything moving that could raise a profit, so it was always utterly superfluous what he did. Very silly.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think Nunes in the team really helped us. Galvanised the fans and created some news. I was disappointed he went off at half-time.

PS - he is quality and we have missed him but should not have gone on strike. Today he was inches from an assist but Dawson cleared from Haaland.

PPS - don’t agree with booing Jota. Grealish is panto villain like Peschosolido and Foster.
Agreed,I wouldn't boo Jota,I've not seen him.play for Liverpool since he left us,I missed the game in 21 due to Covid,then the game a couple of weeks back due to a holiday.

Nunes on the other hand, left at the first chance he was given,using us as the stepping stone he was always going to,so balls to him.

Grealish,I honestly don't mind or care about him,to be fair he's living his life and career in the same way 9 out of 10 of us would.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seemed a bit mentally fragile to me, and the fans jeering encouraged the Wolves players to tackle a bit harder. After one hard tackle, I think by Gomes, he complained to the ref and held up 4 fingers.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Nunes performance for Molineux, yesterday wasn’t the first time Nunes needed to be hooked at half time.

i think those saying he did alright are forgetting our focus was on his every touch - lots of vanilla passing nowt else.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
" FOSUN OUT " is easily understood in Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and English don't you agree ;)

@SteveBullsKnee I hope they do "battle" tomorrow as your name sake did Steve Bull ever game he played for the gold and black he gave 100 %..

If the Wolves team do tomorrow battle from start we know it ain't gonna last their battle for 90 to 100 minutes now don't we?
I listened out but didn’t hear your Fosun out or you don’t know what you’re doing chants…….

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seemed a bit mentally fragile to me, and the fans jeering encouraged the Wolves players to tackle a bit harder. After one hard tackle, I think by Gomes, he complained to the ref and held up 4 fingers.
He should be thanking him if it had been just the 2 he could have been booked for discent

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Nunes did well but he gave us a reason to get behind the team as other posters have said. Good luck to him.

...But

He is a rat for downing tools.
Exactly most fans won't begrudge him the move, you can't blame him at all and we made good money, which we've been able to reinvest, but the striking was pretty despicable and completely unnecessary!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said his striking was the trick of a ****

Those saying don’t comment on looks? It’s banter, how the **** do you think our forces survived 2 world wars! Dark humour and constant **** taking. Read any war book of Spike Milligan’s if you want to understand more.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was met with a wall of gold sat back and really up for it, there weren't many ways through it no matter who was playing his position for Citeh.
Footballers downing tools is just purely pathetic, deserved all the abuse he got. Not as bad as Lee Hughes got though!

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can't see him offering enough for City. Tidy on the ball, but you need more than that for City having to win week in week out with teams sitting back.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walked back to the car next to some citeh fans who weren't impressed with Nunes needing to be subbed at half time. Said he's lightweight if he can't play through that. They also said that instead of passing the ball quickly Nunes should have been told to hang on to it for longer while Wolves players kept tackling him and presumably foul him.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw one guy give Nunes a 4-finger response.

Mind you, that involved using 2 fingers on his right hand and 2 on his left :)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see Nunes ever being anything other than a squad play for them who can fill a gap here and there. He just isn’t at that level.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Strange one. Thought Nunes was one of their better players in the first half but his inclusion in the side undoubtedly helped to galvanise the crowd.

Still can’t believe Grealish wasn’t on earlier as Doku was terrible (although credit to Semedo for his performance).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange one. Thought Nunes was one of their better players in the first half but his inclusion in the side undoubtedly helped to galvanise the crowd.

Still can’t believe Grealish wasn’t on earlier as Doku was terrible (although credit to Semedo for his performance).
Funny everyone where we was thought Doku was their best player, as did a city fan mate of my son, that’s football different views

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he stood up to the pressure from the crowd and the opposition keen to snap into tackles against him fairly well in all honesty (by contrast, Haaland was utterly taken out of the game and could barely get a kick). Nunes looked more of a goal threat than he pretty much ever did for us.

The situation helped us this afternoon though in giving the crowd and the players a common "enemy" to go after rather than just traipsing on to the field after asking City players to "go easy on us" as they did as the end of Lage's reign and were promptly behind after 90 seconds. The intensity was there from kick-off as a result.

I think Nunes has probably realised that you don't just down tools on a club and its supporters now though. He was always going to get his move in any case with Shi selling anything moving that could raise a profit, so it was always utterly superfluous what he did. Very silly.
100% correct.
No need to ridicule him anymore imv.
Let's move on.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said his striking was the trick of a ****

Those saying don’t comment on looks? It’s banter, how the **** do you think our forces survived 2 world wars! Dark humour and constant **** taking. Read any war book of Spike Milligan’s if you want to understand more.
It's banter in your view but i don't buy into it personally.
I may berate a player for his decision not to play for the club, but that's it.
Not sure what the two World Wars have to do with it. My dad served in the Middle East and was at Normandy but struggle to see how you can relate the two, tbh.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's banter in your view but i don't buy into it personally.
I may berate a player for his decision not to play for the club, but that's it.
Not sure what the two World Wars have to do with it. My dad served in the Middle East and was at Normandy but struggle to see how you can relate the two, tbh.
I explained it quite clearly, taking the **** is the British way! It’s not hard to understand, it’s slowly being eradicated, the same as winning isn’t pushed at school, going well isn’t it……. Not

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I explained it quite clearly, taking the **** is the British way! It’s not hard to understand, it’s slowly being eradicated, the same as winning isn’t pushed at school, going well isn’t it……. Not
I get what you're saying but i just don't have a pop at someone else's looks, that's all.
Great result yesterday and hope Nunes learns from the way he treated us, as he was bang out of order.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love a bit of **** taking with mates but Nunes isn’t my mate. I’m sure his huge pay packet will soften the abuse from the stands but I just think abuse about his appearance lacks class. I wouldn’t laugh at a stranger in the street about how they look so I wouldn’t do it to a footballer. Each to their own though. That lad at Man Utd who wasn’t the most handsome fella talked about how dark a time he had because of comments about his looks. I’d rather take the mick out of someone for poor choices than things they can’t actually do anything about.

As for winning not being pushed in school, I work in a school and literally every aspect of the day is competitive! Schools are supportive to those who need extra help but still competitive and achievement is celebrated much more than when I was at school in the 80s/90s. I’d also argue that whatever is being done in schools and wider society must be working as we’ve performed better internationally in Olympic events such as swimming, cycling, gymnastics, athletics, football, cricket etc in the last ten years than we had previously in my lifetime.

Reactions: Ian

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love a bit of **** taking with mates but Nunes isn’t my mate. I’m sure his huge pay packet will soften the abuse from the stands but I just think abuse about his appearance lacks class. I wouldn’t laugh at a stranger in the street about how they look so I wouldn’t do it to a footballer. Each to their own though. That lad at Man Utd who wasn’t the most handsome fella talked about how dark a time he had because of comments about his looks. I’d rather take the mick out of someone for poor choices than things they can’t actually do anything about.

As for winning not being pushed in school, I work in a school and literally every aspect of the day is competitive! Schools are supportive to those who need extra help but still competitive and achievement is celebrated much more than when I was at school in the 80s/90s. I’d also argue that whatever is being done in schools and wider society must be working as we’ve performed better internationally in Olympic events such as swimming, cycling, gymnastics, athletics, football, cricket etc in the last ten years than we had previously in my lifetime.
Well my lads just literally been through the school system, it really isnt like that every where plus my dad was a teacher until 2017!I’ve a bit of an idea trust me

I’d argue about the countries spotting exploits being better in the last 10 years, we made semi finals in 90/96, for a start but that’s gonna take up all day!

So it’s ok to mock people for saying a bad life choice like ****ing an older prostitute butNot calling them a lanky ****?? Who knew! To me it’s banter I’ll take it, I’ll give it.

I get customers giving me grief, if I dint like it I’d leave my job! Footballers are free to do the same, let’s face it the good massively outweighs the bad.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well my lads just literally been through the school system, it really isnt like that every where plus my dad was a teacher until 2017!I’ve a bit of an idea trust me

I’d argue about the countries spotting exploits being better in the last 10 years, we made semi finals in 90/96, for a start but that’s gonna take up all day!

So it’s ok to mock people for saying a bad life choice like ****ing an older prostitute butNot calling them a lanky ****?? Who knew! To me it’s banter I’ll take it, I’ll give it.

I get customers giving me grief, if I dint like it I’d leave my job! Footballers are free to do the same, let’s face it the good massively outweighs the bad.
Like I said, each to their own. I know people do it, I gave Nunes stick just not about his teeth.

I think the Italia ‘90 team and possibly ‘96 are better than the current England team but, like you say, that conversation could be a whole new thread. They’ve had similar levels of ‘success’ though.

As for other sports I think our olympics medal haul has improved since I was a kid across a variety of events.

Back
Top Bottom