Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes or Moutinho?

Who should play?

• Nunes

Votes: 90 97.8%
  • Moutinho

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Bigcheese

Reaction score
It's patently obvious to me that one of them has to make way.Our play is turgid and slow with them both in midfield.
For me, Moutinho must make way and let nunes try and get us up the pitch quicker.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho should be nowhere near this starting 11. Everybody and I mean everybody knows this except Bruno. Yes he can keep the ball but that it literally it. He slows everything down, awful set pieces and he is non existent half the time. If anybody chooses him over Nunes i will hate you forever.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's patently obvious to me that one of them has to make way.Our play is turgid and slow with them both in midfield.
For me, Moutinho must make way and let nunes try and get us up the pitch quicker.
Our play was turgid before the arrival of Nunes. The answer is, therefore, obvious.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Nunes. Think he is a super footballer: great feet, bit of pace, good passer of the ball and is generally positive. Admittedly we haven’t seen the best of him yet, but he’s played a handful of games in a country he’s only just moved to, not fully settled in and is seemingly being played out of position much of the time.
Moutinho has been a fabulous player over the years, and we’ve had a couple of excellent seasons because of his involvement in our team. But like with everything, there is a natural end, and I think we saw the start of this for Moutinho at the end of last season. Should now be a sub to keep a calm and steady approach to seeing games out now. Huge respect for him, but it’s time for him to not be starting games imo.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
There will be games when we need both, but right now we need Nunes and Neves together. Moutinho keeps the ball well but at the minute that’s not what letting us down it’s our lack of creativity.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh, FFS
The answer is Nunes
Boubacar or Moutinho? The answer is Boubacar.
Ronan or Moutinho? The answer is Ronan
Your first girlfriend isn't coming back. Nuno isn't coming back and Moutinho is completely done as a PL footballer. The sooner some people accept those simple facts the happier they will be

T

TheConcourse

Tough question.

Moutinho: slow on the ball, slow off the ball, doesn’t take a risk, can’t beat a man.

Nunes: looks forward, tries to beat players, can pick a pass.

Really tough question.
Moutinho is playing on name and name only.

The guy can’t run!

And before the ‘don’t be disrespectful’ brigade fire in. Save it. Every player knows when their time has come. He’s getting handsomely rewarded for being a net negative contributor right now, and it needs sorting.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is potential with Nunes but £50million wow . Moutinhno great player but majority knew he was too old to be playing every week . And really does it matter if the manager puts our best player at CD when he Is a CM .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No question Nunes. Moutinho looks totally lost. Traore and Nunes against Chelsea but it wont be.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Moutinho, Cesc Fabregas has achieved more in his career, is a year younger and currently playing with Patrick Cutrone in Serie B. The pace we play at is to get the best out of Mouts and nobody else. It was time to start moving on 2 and a half years ago.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho should now be playing a supporting role playing mostly from the bench.

Nunes, however, needs to up his game. I’m sick of seeing players sign for other clubs and have an instant impact, while ours always seem to need time. He has been a huge letdown so far. Hopefully he can find some form soon.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is such an unfair discussion, there’s not even a debate.

Moutinho has been brilliant, he’s a true professional and one of the most talented players to wear our shirt, certainly in my life time. I said yesterday in the comms thread that I’m actually starting to resent him now and that’s really unfair on him because he shouldn’t be playing 90 mins week in week out for that to become my view point.

I was glad he re-signed, as a player around the squad and an experienced head to come in when needed he’d be great, but the way we’re flogging him now does him such a disservice.

I really hope he doesn’t go at the end of the season with people actually in the mindset that they’re glad he’s gone because that would be on the management for making that situation possible.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it should be podence playing as a 10 in a 4231instead of Moutinho.
Neves or Moutinho alongside Nunes or Traore.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes was beyond awful yesterday. Moutinho wasn’t great but was way better than Nunes.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bill Shankly had the saying " I would rather let a great player leave a season early than have him here two seasons too long "

All these years later the great Scotsman's theory is still correct as sadly we are seeing with Moutinho this season and towards the end of the last one.

Hopefully when the new regime takes over ( it is nearly 12 on Sunday morning why is there no news of a P45 :(:(:( ) we will see in Matheus the player Pep was enanmoured with when City played Sporting Lisbon instead of flashes of what he can really do.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm only going on watching the game live, but I didn't think Mouts was anywhere near as bad as most seem to think. He's obviously not the future though! Nunes is excellent, but looks to be going backwards, like several other players I'm not sure if he doesn't believe in the plan, doesn't understand the plan, or just doesn't know what the plan is (clue, I'm not sure there actually is a plan).

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Option should be moutinho or traore , we need some bite in midfield and forward thinking players ..

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This might be more one sided than Bruno in or out!

Moutinho was good v spurs but he's been poop this season.

I'd go

Sa

RAN/Jonny
Kilman
Collins/whoever
Semedo

Neves
Nunes

Podence
Guedes
Traore

Costa
Now Costa seems ready to go and perhaps Neto is injured this has to be the go to 11 imo. If we can get a run of games without injuries Lage (or whoever) needs to stick to an 11 and get them playing together. Watching yesterday I had no idea what our formation was, who was meant to be playing where; it was shambolic. It does not help that the players, bar Neves, don't seem to give a **** and certainly are not playing for their manager. Watching Newcastle yesterday playing with a freedom and flair (admittedly v 10 men) just shows what a decent manager can do with a team that imo is of no better quality than ours.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On Moutinho, Cesc Fabregas has achieved more in his career, is a year younger and currently playing with Patrick Cutrone in Serie B. The pace we play at is to get the best out of Mouts and nobody else. It was time to start moving on 2 and a half years ago.
Bingo. Nail on head

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this a poll about who should play centre half against Chelsea now Neves is suspended. If so, can we add Diego Costa?

Back
Top Bottom