Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Number 9 - Number 9 - Number 9 .........

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest with Wood are rumoured to go for Bamford

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Prime Raul is exactly what GON wants now, I suspect. But it was the right time for him to leave unfortunately.
Hit nail on the head, how we could do with a player that absolutely loved playing here , and was sh ite on by lop.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the GON wants his front line to be similar to Liverpools- all action, quality, closing down and heavy metal. Having been schooled in their coaching setup, and seeing what Gary's done so far, it makes sense that he is trying for the same.

Cunha, Hwang and Neto fit that, Sasa, Fabio and Sarabia, in particular, don't (hence Pablos lack of game time before Neto's injury) and JRB is our equivalent of Harvey Elliott who can do a job in the three up top or in midfield.

However, we are missing our Darwin/Gakpo. Both of them are natural off the left, with the technical ability that comes with that, but at 6'2"+ are Klopps primary options through the middle. Neither is an out and out predator, but their qualities work for what Klopp wants. And I think Gary wants similar.

When I think about it in that context, it becomes far easier to understand how Ekitike fits. And, also in that context, it becomes clearer that some of the other links eg Ings or Adams don't fit that mould at all.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the GON wants his front line to be similar to Liverpools- all action, quality, closing down and heavy metal. Having been schooled in their coaching setup, and seeing what Gary's done so far, it makes sense that he is trying for the same.

Cunha, Hwang and Neto fit that, Sasa, Fabio and Sarabia, in particular, don't (hence Pablos lack of game time before Neto's injury) and JRB is our equivalent of Harvey Elliott who can do a job in the three up top or in midfield.

However, we are missing our Darwin/Gakpo. Both of them are natural off the left, with the technical ability that comes with that, but at 6'2"+ are Klopps primary options through the middle. Neither is an out and out predator, but their qualities work for what Klopp wants. And I think Gary wants similar.

When I think about it in that context, it becomes far easier to understand how Ekitike fits. And, also in that context, it becomes clearer that some of the other links eg Ings or Adams don't fit that mould at all.
I think your theory about us trying to attack like Liverpool is bang on. I've watched quite a bit of them recently and Salah is like a speedier version of Hwang, running in at speed from wide with that sudden swerve to the right which opens up the space to hit the ball with his left. You can see elements of this in Hwang's play this season which wasn't there before. Neto, Cunha and Hwang is quite a mouth watering prospect when the 3 are all firing and whilst not quite Jota, Jimenez and Traore it's still an exciting prospect.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am getting very obsessive.
I watch almost all matches looking at teams in England and Europe without using central striker /focus point . I don’t see many but us .

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone recall the Beatles track Revolution Number 9 .
I recommend a listen for the nightmarish theme that seems to reflect our 4 year search .
But why oh why do you think we cant find a number 9 , for so long, one that can actually play for us since Jimmy left the pitch.
The thought just raises my blood pressure. We seem again to be paralysed and held to ransom when someone should have been on this PRIORITY for around 1500 days !
And please dont say they dont exist, or none have moved over 1500 days, Chris Woods has moved twice. There is a big world of football out there.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am getting very obsessive.
I watch almost all matches looking at teams in England and Europe without using central striker /focus point . I don’t see many but us .
Watch the Pep documentary on the BBC. He started this playing Messi as a false 9. Very interesting. On another note he started this playing out from the back tactic at Barca all those years ago; all teams try it now but he led the way.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch the Pep documentary on the BBC. He started this playing Messi as a false 9. Very interesting. On another note he started this playing out from the back tactic at Barca all those years ago; all teams try it now but he led the way.
There is being proactive and there is being a victim of circumstance.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I reckon that playing out from the back is responsible for at least one goal every Premier League weekend. Unfortunately, it's the defences conceding goals by messing it up!

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously I don't know all the circumstances, but feel it was a mistake to let Sasa go. We need a number 9 and he is a half decent number 9. Presume we were gambling on bringing in a replacement, but that's looking a bit bleak now. He could have been really useful to us for the remainder of the season.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the big sin is we are wasting the talents we have , Neto, Sarabia ,Bellegrade, Cunha , our wing backs and Doyle are all so capable of creating but that central striker means players assists are going begging and players are not playing in their correct position, like Bellegrade today who was wasted playing a role they cant do well enough.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Look where we are without one... a good portion of that time we were without neto, now he is back nice and fresh. How long has hwang been away?? How many minutes has he played in that time ?? He will also come back fresh, like a 6 week pre season in the sun for channy. So we have 5 players for 3 positions with fraser as extra back up. We are absolutely fine...

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look where we are without one... a good portion of that time we were without neto, now he is back nice and fresh. How long has hwang been away?? How many minutes has he played in that time ?? He will also come back fresh, like a 6 week pre season in the sun for channy. So we have 5 players for 3 positions with fraser as extra back up. We are absolutely fine...
Come back fresh ? Have'nt you heard Hwang Hee Chan had both thighs strapped up in last game for South Korea?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine to have an extended stay in the FA Cup and get to Europe, would you say?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Step forward Nathan Fraser .
I hope you are played regularly and do well .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has strapping on his thigh and is presumably playing through injury.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have done very well in spite of not having a central striker, not because of .

Back
Top Bottom