Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

NOW tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have BT sport's, but thought I'd try and add sky sports for the Newcastle game ,,it's £33 pm , or £12 for a one off game...not cheap on top of broadband and BT I'm already paying,,anyone know a better way ? ( Apart from streams on my phone !! )

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you buy at that price cancel after a month chances are they will offer it at £25 a month and if you do not take them up on it sometimes they offer sky sports at £20 a month. The key is holding out for that low offer sometimes it happens sometimes it does'nt. I play this regular game of cancelling with now citing I cannot afford it. I cancelled the entertainment package when it returned to its normal price of 12.99 monthly. After a bit I got an offer for 4.99 a month which I refused then 3.99 which I also ignored but took them up on the latest offer which is £1.00 for sky entertainment for 2 months.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never had Sky but Now keep offering me Sport deals. Took them up on their £12.99 a month for 3 months for all Sky Sports channels. I must admit I'm watching more footie now. I'll cancel at the end of the season and hope I get a similar offer in August.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought the Sky Go app was pretty decent for a fiver. A couple of mates who are a bit more tech savvy than me were able to screen mirror to the TV. I couldn’t do it on my iPhone.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I always thought the Sky Go app was pretty decent for a fiver. A couple of mates who are a bit more tech savvy than me were able to screen mirror to the TV. I couldn’t do it on my iPhone.
if you can get the app for a laptop (on windows 10 etc) then you can plug the laptop in through the HDMI cable to a TV like a monitor would.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the screen when you are watching, you may see a square with a couple of half circles in the bottom left hand corner........it's to cast it to you TV...... obviously need WiFi on ya telly.. Press the sign it will pick up your TV WiFi.......just Google it if from I phone if unsure ..

Last edited:

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I bought the now tv mobile phone pass for £10 for 3 months and just cast it to my tv from the phone... its as good as watching it through a tv channel.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have BT sport's, but thought I'd try and add sky sports for the Newcastle game ,,it's £33 pm , or £12 for a one off game...not cheap on top of broadband and BT I'm already paying,,anyone know a better way ? ( Apart from streams on my phone !! )
Buy any other channel than the one you currently have, it shows you completely different 2nd yellow card incidents to the rest of the world.
Regards
Raul.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I signed up for it just before the leeds game at 20 quid a month for 9 months i think it was. Its got me back into the f1 as well that i havent really watched for a few years apart from the odd races in channel 4. Not sure the mrs is happy that i have another sport to watch now though.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the screen when you are watching, you may see a square with a couple of half circles in the bottom left hand corner........it's to cast it to you TV...... obviously need WiFi on ya telly.. Press the sign it will pick up your TV WiFi.......just Google it if from I phone if unsure ..
I can do it from other apps and even have Google Chromecast (which is the best thing ever…) but the Sky Go app seems to just block any attempt to make it a better experience.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought the now tv mobile phone pass for £10 for 3 months and just cast it to my tv from the phone... its as good as watching it through a tv channel.
Thought casting didn’t work on the mobile pass. At present there is a deal where if you buy a day sports pass you get the football mobile pass free for 5 months (normal price has just gone up to £9.99 a month) only works on phone devices not tablets and you can’t cast to tv (though it can be run on some android emulators running on a PC in full screen, not guaranteed to work though)

Also mobile pass only covers 5 channels, it does have sky premiership, but not main event or sky football

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can do it from other apps and even have Google Chromecast (which is the best thing ever…) but the Sky Go app seems to just block any attempt to make it a better experience.
Think sky go and now tv mobile now block mirroring/casting and on now tv will only run on phones and not tablets

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sky blocks it to encourage people to buy its multi tv options and to stop people with Sky subscriptions sharing it with their friends TVs. You could instead run the Sky Go app on a windows laptop/pc, and if you do that, you can plug the laptop/pc into a tv using a hdmi cable.

Before we switched to Sky Q, I used to use this to provide Sky channels on a second tv. When we switched to Sky Q, my package came with a free Sky Q mini box so we switched to using that as it’s easier and allows us to easily watch all our recordings in both rooms.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
posts removed and thread closed as its gone a predictable way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom