Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich (A)

J

Jungleee

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see the Wanderers win away...hey!

Our next away game. There is a very real chance we could be sitting in 5th come Christmas day.

Allocation: 2,669 tickets
Details: Saturday 21 Dec 3pm

Who's going? Where to drink?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised to see so many tickets are being advertised for sale for this. Smaller than average allocation.

bully9

Reaction score
Surprised to see so many tickets are being advertised for sale for this. Smaller than average allocation.
it will make it easier for all the whinging fans to show there loyal support instead of saying how much of a closed shop the away season tickets are utw sov mtg

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is the complete angler still the away pub?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's a trek, but given the bad run of away fixtures travel/ticket wise I'm in for this one. Not been since the play-off semi so anything will be an improvement on that (hopefully!)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it will make it easier for all the whinging fans to show there loyal support instead of saying how much of a closed shop the away season tickets are utw sov mtg
Nah mate, it will give the original purchasers the opportunity to buy tickets for future games. Are they more loyal than The "whinging fan"? Who may buy on the secondary market, but as Brighton showed people are becoming wise to the practise and tickets are being returned.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yes I should think so
Looking forward to this one
Back home in time for Sky Game of the Day after a 5-1 win
Don’t think I’ve seen us win there, hopefully this is a first!

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Probably because it’s **** to get to from Wolvo and it’s just before Xmas

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will getting the train from Stratford, any other Wolves fans going that route?

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just priced up x2 return train tickets back to Telford and it’s costing £130.

I’ll drive for that price unless somebody else knows another way to get there cheaper on the train?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ll drive for that price unless somebody else knows another way to get there cheaper on the train?
Tatter travel. 24 return from Wolverhampton though, with pubstop.

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Yes I should think so
Looking forward to this one
Back home in time for Sky Game of the Day after a 5-1 win

It wasn’t when we last went the in the Championship winning season, but my Dad & I got in before the “No Away Fans” signs & bouncers appeared. We had no colours on so we were fine. It’s a nice boozer so def worth checking. Also the large Spoons near the ground (from memory it was near a lake?!) on some sort of retail park was also home fans only. (We managed to sneak in there too!!:D)

M

merseawolf

Prob a bit of rail replacement on the way too

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It wasn’t when we last went the in the Championship winning season, but my Dad & I got in before the “No Away Fans” signs & bouncers appeared. We had no colours on so we were fine. It’s a nice boozer so def worth checking. Also the large Spoons near the ground (from memory it was near a lake?!) on some sort of retail park was also home fans only. (We managed to sneak in there too!!:D)
That's right. The Spoons, The Queen of Iceni, is home only, on the right as you walk from the City to the stadium. It's on the river.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norfolk is a lovely part of the country.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be there, travelling from London. Norwich is a great place for boozing, will probs do a little pub crawl through the centre.

Ebbo

Reaction score
Great old pub in the centre called The Murderers, well worth a visit, 20 minute walk from the ground.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Pig of a drive, though.
Most travel east-west or vice versa in this country is rubbish.
Must admit I find this drive relatively easy especially compared to the train which is generally awful - to drive DO NOT go the northern straight route, go to end of M6, then A14 to Cambridge northern bypass, then A14/11 back up to Norwich, M/way or dual carriageway virtually all the way. An ex-gf lived there quite a few years ago so I tried every which-way.
Regarding the away pub, I'm glad my hotel has a mixed bar - after the last win in the Championship winning season there was me, a Celtic, 2Rangers and a couple of Norwich fans bantering away into the wee small hours ;) and pre-match listened carefully as the locals told me in great detail how carp Bennett and Ruddy are and how they were glad to be rid :D:D:D

Last edited:
M

merseawolf

Must admit I find this drive relatively easy especially compared to the train which is generally awful - to drive DO NOT go the northern straight route, go to end of M6, then A14 to Cambridge northern bypass, then A14/11 back up to Norwich, M/way or dual carriageway virtually all the way. An ex-gf lived there quite a few years ago so I tried every which-way.
Regarding the away pub, I'm glad my hotel has a mixed bar - after the last win in the Championship winning season there was me, a Celtic, 2Rangers and a couple of Norwich fans bantering away into the wee small hours ;) and pre-match listened carefully as the locals told me in great detail how carp Bennett and Ruddy are and how they were glad to be rid :D:D:D
A14 is not great around Cambridge at moment. Speed restrictions due to the works. Although it will be much better on a Saturday rather than during the week

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
A14 is not great around Cambridge at moment. Speed restrictions due to the works. Although it will be much better on a Saturday rather than during the week
thanks for the tip MW - must remember to leave 10 mins early ;)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pig of a drive, though.
Most travel east-west or vice versa in this country is rubbish.
Not that bad, M6 A14 A11 ,dual carriageway all the way now
Try breaking your train tickets up? Both Peterborough and Cambridge both go into Norwich
For me it's a 10 miles train ride :)
And yes, it's then into the complete angler by the river and station, usually full of wolves

WinchWolf

Reaction score

Sometimes on greater Anglia you can get 1st class tickets in advance very cheaply e.g £7 from London to Norwich

WinchWolf

Reaction score
Great old pub in the centre called The Murderers, well worth a visit, 20 minute walk from the ground.
Definitely recommend the murderers/gardeners arms has great beer and shows sports TV

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sometimes on greater Anglia you can get 1st class tickets in advance very cheaply e.g £7 from London to Norwich

Thanks mate but all booked on Tatters Travels.

Appreciate the heads up though.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to fly Philadelphia into Manchester and then drive across, it’s cheaper on the car rental to use the same airport in and out.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Im almost 100% sure the Compleat Angler is home fans only now. Ive been in the Nelson on the other side of the bridge with no problems although its not away fans only

Driving from Wolvo back to Norfolk from the Bratislava game a few weeks ago was a nightmare. Left Wolvo a little bit after 10pm and got home at half 4 in the morning. Yep, you read that right.

4 different road closures on the M6 and A14. With Saturdays game being a 3pm ko it should be fine but check the road closures and dont leave it too late leaving Norwich would be my advice

kinyo298

Reaction score
Just across the road from The Angler through the shopping arcade is a Lloyds bar, been in there before and no problems.

Back
Top Bottom