Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nod to Rob Edwards.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw him managing AFC Telford.

Didn't prove a popular manager there, though, seeing some of the 'fans' I suspect Guardiola would have been rubbished.

Rob didn't want to play Kick & Rush, but the (part-time) players he had there couldn't seem to grasp his tactics.

I rather thought an ex-Telford stalwart Sam Ricketts would be a good bet as a future Wolves coach... shows what I know.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I met him after he did a talk at a school i worked at. I reminded him that he scored the best own goal I'd ever seen and he found that funny. Top bloke!

T

TheConcourse

Wasn’t he caretaker after Zenga left?

Pretty sure he was in charge for a couple of games and was pretty useless if I recall.
Think it was before that. Might be wrong.

Remember the Derby home game was a car crash after 20 minutes. Tom Ince murdered Saville at LB. Think we were 3-0 down after no time at all.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was before that. Might be wrong.

Remember the Derby home game was a car crash after 20 minutes. Tom Ince murdered Saville at LB. Think we were 3-0 down after no time at all.
Tom Ince, now I remember him looking decent, where is he these days?

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I did one of my teaching practices at Nailsworth, the sports field was a short walk up a lane on top of a hill. I understand that their ground is now there.

Not far from Stroud Gloucestershire.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Rob!

Be a good place to send some of our younger players on loan next season.
Well done to them.

It would be a good place to send some of the younger lads.

They already have two ex Wolves in their ranks as well… Ben Stevenson and Sadou Diallo

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great achievement a lot of league 1 fans will be on Google next season wondering where the hell forest green rovers is.

I do some work in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. Forest Green is just up the road from there.

M5 junction 13, first left and head for A46 Bath Road.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
There’s some really interesting articles online about Forest Green, they’re the first fully vegan and fully carbon neutral football club in the UK. I know that’s probably irrelevant to a lot of people but I do think in society football clubs have a greater responsibility for this kinda thing, so fair play to them for showing it can be done. I suppose the test will be can they establish themselves higher up the leagues and stick to their principles.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a Gloucester boy it pains me to see our local rivals Cheltenham and Forest Green doing so well whilst we languish in National League North, but will grudgingly give Forest Green congratulations on their promotion.

They are a well run club, and would be a good destination for some of Wolves’ youngsters to gain experience

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League Two manager of the season.

Now favourite to be the next Watford manager!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s some really interesting articles online about Forest Green, they’re the first fully vegan and fully carbon neutral football club in the UK. I know that’s probably irrelevant to a lot of people but I do think in society football clubs have a greater responsibility for this kinda thing, so fair play to them for showing it can be done. I suppose the test will be can they establish themselves higher up the leagues and stick to their principles.
players diets vegan?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do some work in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. Forest Green is just up the road from there.

M5 junction 13, first left and head for A46 Bath Road.

It's the smallest place ever to have an EFL Club too! Bravo to Rob, Dale Vince, and the whole team at FGR, and I think we could have a good feeder club for some of our up-and-coming youngsters next term.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like he's gone about it in the wrong way, but you can't really turn down the chance of going from a club like Forest Green to Watford.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why Rob had to sink to Watford’s levels to move on from FG. He’ll find little patience from Watfords owners and could soon be sacked if Watford don’t start well next season.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Not sure why Rob had to sink to Watford’s levels to move on from FG. He’ll find little patience from Watfords owners and could soon be sacked if Watford don’t start well next season.
Yeah, think he'll be on a hiding to nothing going there. If they're not vying for automatic promotion from the off he'll probably be gone before Christmas or sooner! Could damage his managerial reputation just as it's taking off. Suppose he'll be handsomely compensated though!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a strange decision for him to go Watford from a football perspective although watford are at much higher level, he will more than likley be gone in a few months, however financially it probably makes a lot of sense a big payrise and the payoff.

Also if he does okay there and Watford get rid then he may secure himself jobs in the championship.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
By all accounts, very underhand approach by Watford. Not remotely surprised. Surely Edwards must have sought assurances that he will be given time to implement his own style etc.

Back
Top Bottom