Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

No way to finish

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually feel worse today than I did after learning of Nuno’s departure on Friday. I thought at least he would have a good send off and sign off with a win and a general feel good feeling but instead got a rain/wind lashed defeat to a dodgy VAR inspired penalty against a 2nd string Utd side. Injuries to Traore and RAN and for good measure a racist incident involving Rio Ferdinand. What a crap weekend. Enjoy the summer fellow fans. The King is dead, long live the King.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way it was a fitting result. The light went out this season and if we'd scraped a win against a Man U second team it would only have papered over the cracks.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way it was a fitting result. The light went out this season and if we'd scraped a win against a Man U second team it would only have papered over the cracks.

There are appropriate posts and then there are mean spirited posts like this!!

Can I ask you a question..... if we had Raul, Jonny, Podence, Neto, and Boly fully fit for the season and a full Molineux for each home game, would you still be posting this stuff??

It’s a serious question! What do you say?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as Collis and Mick and in fact every manager I can remember. The end of a journey often ends in a bumpy landing.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can I ask you a question..... if we had Raul, Jonny, Podence, Neto, and Boly fully fit for the season and a full Molineux for each home game, would you still be posting this stuff??

Unknowable

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t feel too bad, I was gutted like many, that this chapter has come to an end. I don’t think even with Raul this season we would have been much different, style wise.
Nuno looked a jaded figure due to numerous reasons, we don’t all know.
Imagine if this had carried on into the new season, supporters baying for his blood after 10 games in. He has left, as a legend and I’m sure FOSUN will have someone in place to keep us competitive.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t feel too bad, I was gutted like many, that this chapter has come to an end. I don’t think even with Raul this season we would have been much different, style wise.
Nuno looked a jaded figure due to numerous reasons, we don’t all know.
Imagine if this had carried on into the new season, supporters baying for his blood after 10 games in. He has left, as a legend and I’m sure FOSUN will have someone in place to keep us competitive.

Agree.
Nuno has left the club with his head held high and will be welcomed back with open arms should he attend Molineux in the future.

As you say, if results had gone against him in August, his departure would have been played out much much different.
I'm just so sorry there wasn't a full Molineux to see him bow out yesterday.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would have been great to sign off with a thumping win and a great performance. Sadly that didn't happen, but in my opiñion it does not detract from what Nuno has achieved. In fact I suppose it was typical that another dodgy VAR decision would prove to provide the winner for Manchester United

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"Ifs and buts" are never allowed to excuse poor performances by every team in the league, so why is it allowed for us? You can't ignore that some of our good results were against teams also with injury problems. The 0-0 draw against Villa with Grealish missing,for example. Southampton, Brighton, Sheff U, etc have all had injury problems to key players.

If every team had an injury free season, where would we finish? One or two places higher, possibly?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a poor way to end against Man U reserves. Mind you we were close to being Wolves reserves after Traore went off. I had hoped they would really lift their level for Nuno's sake. They didn't/couldn't which says it all. Very disappointing and only Fabio, Semedo and MGW when he came on enhanced their reputation. Ait-Nouri is still raw but I would sign him.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought it was a fair post.
Our style of play was turgid before Jimenez got injured, with him isolated and few chances created, Boly isnt the player he was and has missed large chunks of previous seasons, Podence hasnt proved himself yet due to injury and inconsistent form, Neto was our one bright spark but he was doing it all himself til injury and then Traore beccame the dominant forward but we were still a one man team.
Jonny has been a big loss..... but Doherty and Jota more so.

Every other team could argue about the lack of crowds too.
All hypothetical but even with a fully fit squad I still think we would be midtable playing a defensive, ultra cautious style relying on a couple of individuals to create chances out of nothing.
We bought poorly and weirdly tried to implement a new system with new players with no preseason.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would have been great to sign off with a thumping win and a great performance. Sadly that didn't happen, but in my opiñion it does not detract from what Nuno has achieved. In fact I suppose it was typical that another dodgy VAR decision would prove to provide the winner for Manchester United
Plus, that tool Dean set out to make sure that the game was remembered for him and not as Nuno’s last game.

Nige

Reaction score
It was a poor way to end against Man U reserves. Mind you we were close to being Wolves reserves after Traore went off. I had hoped they would really lift their level for Nuno's sake. They didn't/couldn't which says it all. Very disappointing and only Fabio, Semedo and MGW when he came on enhanced their reputation. Ait-Nouri is still raw but I would sign him.
Thought we looked better after Traore went off.. Semedo was superb on the right wing.

Back
Top Bottom