Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

no tickets on the door for Aldershot

W

wolvesultra

anyone else find this quite strange

surely this is the type of game that has a big 'walk up' potential (being £10 and on a saturday) if its a nice day etc or groups of lads out on a saturday deciding to pop down

A

andyc225

surely this is the type of game that has a big 'walk up' potential (being £10 and on a saturday) if its a nice day etc or groups of lads out on a saturday deciding to pop down

I'm sure they'll change their minds about this.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All they're doing is trying to make people buy in advance. New North Bank and all that. If it goes pear shaped they will have egg on their faces or change their minds and let people in. Either way they will look like idiots as usual unless it sells out which I doubt and if it did the Pie Man would open another stand and claim a victory.

W

WasStefan

My mate went to the ticket office an they said there would be sales on the door

Strange decision anyway

W

wolvesultra

My mate went to the ticket office an they said there would be sales on the door

Strange decision anyway

i'm just going on the box opffice bulletin off the offiial site from today pal, but as said maybe they are saying that to get people to buy in advance knowing full well they'll make it pay on the door after.

although i do think theres gonna be more there than people expect (cheap tickets, a saturday early start to the season etc) so can see it getting congested around the turnstiles etc with only two stands open

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'm just going on the box opffice bulletin off the offiial site from today pal, but as said maybe they are saying that to get people to buy in advance knowing full well they'll make it pay on the door after.

although i do think theres gonna be more there than people expect (cheap tickets, a saturday early start to the season etc) so can see it getting congested around the turnstiles etc with only two stands open

At the prices it should be a sell out, especially with the Stale factor and if we still have Fletch/Jarvis.

W

wolvesultra

At the prices it should be a sell out, especially with the Stale factor and if we still have Fletch/Jarvis.

thinking about it maybe thats why they are doing it getting people to buy in advance as much as possible so they can forecast how many people are gonna be there to see if they need to open another part of the ground

i still wouldnt make it all ticket though if they stick to this i think they will lose a fair whack of gate money

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to decide on the day if I went. I guess the club have made my decision for me.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its tickets in advance, I definately won't be going.

If they do tickets on the door, then I may decide to go on the night.

If they sell them in advance, they get to make an extra £1.50 per ticket on booking fee's. I doubt that thought came into their head when making that decision though......

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who says?
Another one of these 'I know everything' threads which then turns out to be complete $$$$$$$$. Why not start the thread by saying that 'I think that....................................'?

W

WasStefan

Now, people do target Moxey a lot. But THIS is the sort of stuff I dislike Moxey for. This would have been his decision. He will make as much out of the booking fee as he can then announce 'ticket sales @ turnstiles'.

Con artist.

W

wolvesultra

Who says?
Another one of these 'I know everything' threads which then turns out to be complete $$$$$$$$. Why not start the thread by saying that 'I think that....................................'?

who says what? thats theres no tickets on the door? erm the official wolves website $$$$ so maybe not be so quick to get on ya high horse next time eh pal

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who says what? thats theres no tickets on the door? erm the official wolves website $$$$ so maybe not be so quick to get on ya high horse next time eh pal
Many apologies. It may have helped if you had mentioned that the info was from the OS though! As you can guess one of my biggest bugbears on here is posters giving out information as genuine which turns out to be just rumour. Back to the thread, I'm sure the doors will be open to all on the day?

W

wolvesultra

Many apologies. It may have helped if you had mentioned that the info was from the OS though! As you can guess one of my biggest bugbears on here is posters giving out information as genuine which turns out to be just rumour. Back to the thread, I'm sure the doors will be open to all on the day?

argh fair point to be honest i just assumed people would know it was from OS as i wouldnt post something as fact if it wasnt but i suppose as you say people do (which i agree is very annoying)

soz for the knee-jerk reaction

yeah i'm hoping they see sense and just let people in

W

wolvesultra

just a point to everyone re the booking fee (might seem obvious but some people may not know)

pay with cash at the box office (obviously not easy for everyone)

i also do a lot of gigs and booking fees are around 10% of the ticket PLUS postage (which a lot of the time is around £5) a lot of people (especially thesedays) just tend to book online or on phone i always advise if possible pay cash at the box office

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
How many fans are Aldershot likely to bring?

A couple of hundred, or a couple of thousand having a big day out?

H

Hip Priest

Aldershot are known to take a few away to local games as they attract supporters from league sides. Not sure they would be attracted to coming to Wolves for this game but they do have a lively bunch following them at times.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have not missed a home game in years but will be missing this one.
So I have paid upfront every year, in March, to renew my season ticket and now cannot sit in my seat and have to take pot luck and pay an extra £1.50 for the privilege.

Sorry Wolves marketing, if you cannot think of advanced fee paying customers you do not deserve my money.

W

wolf1877

I think this could be close to a sell out, Or a sell out of the North Bank at least. I have mates who are not Wolves fans but for £10 are interested in seeing what the new stand is like and also hoping for a decent high scoring game to boot.

J

Jungleee

How many fans are Aldershot likely to bring?

A couple of hundred, or a couple of thousand having a big day out?

Quick look on their forums suggests roughly 1500. Wouldn't be surprised if it reaches the 2000 mark for them though.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
All they're doing is trying to make people buy in advance. New North Bank and all that. If it goes pear shaped they will have egg on their faces or change their minds and let people in. Either way they will look like idiots as usual unless it sells out which I doubt and if it did the Pie Man would open another stand and claim a victory.

Presuming the New North Bank is like the South Bank in that there are no blokes in the turnstile pushing a button to let you in, therefore impossible to sell tickets at the door.............

B

BigBadWolfie

Looks like the club have underestimated demand for this one.

Trying to order 3 tickets and have been met with the message:
Due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you.

... or is the norm for the first few hours? Have never ordered online before

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh...? In a 1st round game against Aldershot?

First competitive game of the season, its on a Saturday, new manager, first chance for most to see the new signings, probably won't be our reserves like usual, oh and it's only a tenner for adults & a fiver for u21s.

I'd imagine most people have been bored $$$$less over the last couple of Saturdays and cant wait for their next football fix, well I can't anyway.

And with Aldershot apparently bring quite a number of fans, I can see it selling out.

dingle01902

Reaction score
Just noted that the entire NU7 block with the SB roof in the way of some seats is not on sale.
Would have thought they could see which seats were affected and not sell only those. Maybe sending someone up to sit in the seat and see is a bit too technical for them!!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the killer seats available for the NB upper too. If I wasn't at the Olympic Closing Ceremony the next day (get me!) and making a weekend of it in London, I'd be filling my boots.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First competitive game of the season, its on a Saturday, new manager, first chance for most to see the new signings, probably won't be our reserves like usual, oh and it's only a tenner for adults & a fiver for u21s.

I'd imagine most people have been bored $$$$less over the last couple of Saturdays and cant wait for their next football fix, well I can't anyway.

And with Aldershot apparently bring quite a number of fans, I can see it selling out.

If sales go well they'll just open The South Bank. Imagine if it sells out with half the ground shut, we really would be laughing stock. Come on guys.

C

ChesterWolf

argh fair point to be honest i just assumed people would know it was from OS as i wouldnt post something as fact if it wasnt but i suppose as you say people do (which i agree is very annoying)

soz for the knee-jerk reaction

yeah i'm hoping they see sense and just let people in

'Soz'.... $$$$ing hell.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the club have underestimated demand for this one.

Trying to order 3 tickets and have been met with the message:
Due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you.

... or is the norm for the first few hours? Have never ordered online before

Just done mine and Dee Wolfs, no problems smooth transaction. Smack bang in the middle of the top tier of North Bank. Looking forward to this, beats friendlies, great price and The North Bank will finally come to life and make some noise :D

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't even go in to get tickets in person until Saturday. What a load of $$$$.

W

WasStefan

ouh sorry god forbid i'm not using the queens english on a internet message board, oh no shock horror black country dialect being used on a Wolves Forum!

get a life

wolvesultra in 'using black country slang on a Wolverhampton wanderers forum' shocker

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Just done mine and Dee Wolfs, no problems smooth transaction. Smack bang in the middle of the top tier of North Bank. Looking forward to this, beats friendlies, great price and The North Bank will finally come to life and make some noise :D

Me to got our 3 front row of the upper tier just to the Stevie Bull side of the goal, cannot wait.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quick question. I bought 2 tickets online last Wednesday the 18th. Still not received them. I selected post and it states that as I'm moving seats due to South Bank being closed, then I will not have the ticket uploaded to our smartcards. Has anyone received paper tickets in the post? If anyone has I will email the TO. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom