Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

No Sky for us in November

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know whether anyone has posted elsewhere, but Sky have just updated their Championship schedule for November and we are not live during that month.

After the November we had last year maybe it's a good omen.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know whether anyone has posted elsewhere, but Sky have just updated their Championship schedule for November and we are not live during that month.

After the November we had last year maybe it's a good omen.

Thanks for that and thank heavens we are not on TV

D

Dewsburywolf

So Sky have realised we're $$$$e this season as well then?

Just thought I'd head off the naysayers

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half of november is an international break for euro playoffs.Shame sky arent showing ipswich away but they have the tractors against charlton so thats prob a fair choice .

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On 3 times in October though! Get the nooses ready a month early this season I guess...

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously for those of us who live a long way from the Mol then the more times we are shown on Sky the better. Lets hope we feature strongly during December and January....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"That's Entertainment " la la la la la la.........................

E

Essex Wolf

Being live on Sky is a bit of a catch 22 in some ways.

People who live a long distance from the game will have the benefit of seeing their team but for home games it does have an adverse effect on attendances.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being live on Sky is a bit of a catch 22 in some ways.

People who live a long distance from the game will have the benefit of seeing their team but for home games it does have an adverse effect on attendances.
On the other side of the coin, living a distance from Wolverhampton, we have to book flights well in advance to get them at a good price, same as some fans do with train fares. Then Sky come along and move the game and you lose out.

Happening an awful lot in the last couple of seasons. As Sky lose more Premier League games its going to get worse.

E

Essex Wolf

On the other side of the coin, living a distance from Wolverhampton, we have to book flights well in advance to get them at a good price, same as some fans do with train fares. Then Sky come along and move the game and you lose out.

Happening an awful lot in the last couple of seasons. As Sky lose more Premier League games its going to get worse.

That must be a real pain Dubwolf and I suppose once the tickets are booked getting refunds or changing things isn't easy or even possible at times.

Shows again the total lack of consideration for the supporters but sadly don't see that changing any time soon.

Whilst understanding they are a business that needs to make money why can't they reach an agreement that any changes have to be done so as people have at least say 12 weeks notice?

Makes a bit of a mockery really of having a fixture list come out to then in some cases to mean nothing.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll give you an example Essex.

When the fixtures came out in June, some of our group decided to book flights for the Hull game. Having been caught when the 1st game of last season was moved, a couple of us decided to book flights for QPR on the following Tuesday.

As you know I was right not to book the Hull game, but then the QPR game gets moved to Wednesday. Lost the cost of the flights but was able to change the hotel date without costing extra.

Over the season, for the 12 or 13 games we go to, it works out for us to do it that way though. We might lose the cost of a couple of flights here and there but it still works out a lot cheaper than waiting til nearer the game itself.

The main thing is we enjoy the day on the beer, meeting our friends before and after the game, and sometimes even enjoy the game itself. :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad that people on here recognise that many fans travel long distances to see a game. I've had my Fulham refund from the club but like DubWolf I need to book transport 2-3 months ahead to get a really good deal and it is not feasible to make a last minute decision to go to a match because the rail fares are then astronomical. I love games to be on Sky as it certainly beats listening to them!

Back
Top Bottom