Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

No outstanding candidate

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, according to Jeff’s statement there is no outstanding candidate available to be our manager!

Don’t know what fellow Mixers think, but I think he has shot himself in the foot big time. Is he saying those out there are not good enough? If he is, there’s no chance of appointing any of them in the future is there!

We know there are available managers out there who could come in and help get us out of the mess we are in. No names, they have already been mentioned.

With the temporary appointment of Davies and Collins until 2023, does anyone think Shi is waiting until after the World Cup, when no doubt managers will be available or maybe hope that the Lopetegui situation is clearer. Managers such as Roberto Martinez if Belgium don’t perform?

Whatever happens, I don’t think Shi should have said there were no candidates available.
Beale wasn’t available until we approached and he is in employment. That means there were others we could have approached in the same position imo. He has contradicted himself imo.

Whatever happens, I will support Davie’s and Collins 100%. As for Jeff, my support is at rock bottom!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real kick in the guts for all fans and players at the club.

We're not attractive enough to get anyone outstanding to come here.

That is the official message from the CEO of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

At least one of the two muppets who have overseen this shambles needs to depart ASAP.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the E&S these are words spoken by Jeff Shi announcing SD is to stay on. I haven't read through all of the SD threads so apologise if this has been discussed but I'm appalled and dumbstruck by these comments. There has to be at least one outstanding candidate out there in the whole world of football, surely? It's also pretty insulting to the likes of Nuno, Martins and the others already interviewed/considered. The only other interpretation I can put on it is there is someone lined up for January (Loppy?) so this is a holding position but even so pretty daft and tactless remark under the circumstances.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the E&S these are words spoken by Jeff Shi announcing SD is to stay on. I haven't read through all of the SD threads so apologise if this has been discussed but I'm appalled and dumbstruck by these comments. There has to be at least one outstanding candidate out there in the whole world of football, surely? It's also pretty insulting to the likes of Nuno, Martins and the others already interviewed/considered. The only other interpretation I can put on it is there is someone lined up for January (Loppy?) so this is a holding position but even so pretty daft and tactless remark under the circumstances.
I admire your optimism NNW but this would involve the chuckle brothers having a plan. After the debacle of the last couple of weeks, I just can't see it!

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s also no outstanding candidate for the best no outstanding candidate thread

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How dare you mention Nuno after your vitriolic campaign previousy!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a useless lump of ****e this guy is. Even I couldn't imagine him making such a ridiculous statement, and I've been Shi Out for months.

If this is who Fosun trust to run our club lets hope the rumours of them selling-up are true.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
'No outstanding candidate' is a stupid phrase isn't it? I mean, no good candidate who would come is where we are. If there we 10 excellent ones but none that outshone the rest I'm thinking we'd have picked one of those?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why approach Beale then ?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'No outstanding candidate' is a stupid phrase isn't it? I mean, no good candidate who would come is where we are. If there we 10 excellent ones but none that outshone the rest I'm thinking we'd have picked one of those?
Would have been easier for Jeff to just say no one any good will come and work under our structure.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not just according to E&S…

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
name that candidate then

every name, literally every name that has been mentioned in this whole process has been disparaged by at least one person and usually by many more on this forum including that of Lopetegui so if there is 'at least one outstanding candidate' then let us know who it is, put a name to it because I've seen nobody on here who has come close to it yet and this is just an internet forum, Jeff Shi has to make a real-world decision as opposed to the self-appointed virtual experts operating in cyber-space where words are easily typed and I guarantee you even if you come up with a name at all there will be plenty on here who will disagree with it

T

TheConcourse

What a dreadful piece of internal PR. No outstanding candidate in world football? Come on Jeff, you’re sounding like a prat now.

The sheer lack of accountability is embarrassing.

He’s running out of options here. If I was his advisor then I’d recommend sacking Sellars to buy himself some time and distribute the blame game.

What a sad sorry state of affairs.

Still, at least Reepa has a record deal. The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I fail to see how Lopetegui (or Gallardo, say) can be "lined up" for January. If Beale had accepted the offer today he'd now be the manager. Have we gone back to JL and done a deal in a day? I very much doubt it.
I think what this statement says is, "We don't have a clue, but we're trying to give the impression we know what we're doing. Let's kick the can down the road and hope for the best."

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are the players going to be motivated by a caretaker coach?

When we were kids at school and the teacher was off ill, we’d spend the entire lesson dicking about without respect for the substitute teacher.

Whilst it might not quite be the same in professional sport, the principle remains. They know he’s only there for a month so why make the effort to perform or take his tactics on board?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real kick in the guts for all fans and players at the club.

We're not attractive enough to get anyone outstanding to come here.

That is the official message from the CEO of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

At least one of the two muppets who have overseen this shambles needs to depart ASAP.

That’s it. What a bad quote from the club. There clearly are good managers out there, I admit I’ve said all along none will come here, but to outwardly admit this sends such a negative message.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think in the situation we find ourselves keeping Davis until the World Cup is the right thing to do.

Yet, I'm furious with the fact that firstly the statement says 2023 and not the World Cup. Okay, it might mean nothing but it makes no sense and just leaves more questions that the club knew we'd have.

Then there's the 'outstanding candidate' BS. It's insulting and a plain lie.

We went for Beale, he turned us down so stop insulting is and pretending we aren't a ****show right now.

Own your mistakes and be open with us.

He needs to do an interview with someone for the Monday after that Arsenal game. I accept and understand the line that they don't want to put statements out for everything but this is a mess and it's all their doing. We need and deserve answers. Again, it will be a distraction right now but after the Arsenal game he should talk - but he definitely won't.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well we know there was an outstanding candidate, but he turned it down.

Beaumont2112

Groupie
Reaction score
New manager

Attachments

• 1CED215F-FB63-47CF-BE49-923962571A98.jpeg
    1CED215F-FB63-47CF-BE49-923962571A98.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom