Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

No excuse, but was VAR to blame.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all, whoever the ***** was who threw the flask, I hope you are ashamed and get banned for life.

However, with yet again a **** VAR call going against us (standard), the crowd thinking we were cheated, then the retake to give girly boy another go, maybe just maybe someone has finally flipped and lost it because of VAR.

If that flask had hit girly boy Sterling he could have been badly injured, and all because, indirectly, of VAR!

Don’t get me wrong, I was calling for the **** to be done in the game, but my temper is at the cat.

In reality, our club is now going to get fined and shamed, also indirectly because of VAR.

**** VAR.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

Someone threw their hip flask in frustration and anger at a situation as a knee jerk reaction. It doesn't deserve a life ban!!! He'll be remorseful about that, were so very passionate about this Club and about this Sport, it makes people do things out of character. It's not right, bit it's not a life ban!

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone threw their hip flask in frustration and anger at a situation as a knee jerk reaction. It doesn't deserve a life ban!!! He'll be remorseful about that, were so very passionate about this Club and about this Sport, it makes people do things out of character. It's not right, bit it's not a life ban!
I disagree, and I think he will get it to make an example at least.

We are all passionate, we all get frustrated, but not really the thing to do.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuse for throwing a hip flask probably still half full of scotch onto the pitch. But in the heat of the moment...I threw my pie onto the pitch from the Steve Bull upper during that infamous Uraih Rennie refreeing disaster of a match v Bolton back in 2003/04 season...

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuse for throwing a hip flask probably still half full of scotch onto the pitch. But in the heat of the moment...I threw my pie onto the pitch from the Steve Bull upper during that infamous Uraih Rennie refreeing disaster of a match v Bolton back in 2003/04 season...
Not a balti? That is a crime right there..

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They speak a lot of sense up in Lincoln.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously, for a mo, my concern is what action the dumb ****s at the Premier League will take. Surely they cannot deduct points, or something drastic like that, because an individual got a bit carried away?

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry guys, ban the p***k!
When my team go to liverpool and some divvy throws something at a wolves player, what you think they gonna say?
Ban everyone that does anything like that!! i really hope they find out who it was today!!

J

JC14M5 Wolf

Jezus fat ****er.
Pie eater extraordinaire, crow bar your **** into a single seat type guy.
Have a shot of something its the season to be happy..

Sterling was never going to seriously injured or indeed sustain a life changing injury from a ****in hipflask. Its not a bullet. Not an IED

A crack on the bonce from a Guardia batton will be far worse in Barca.....

Give the bloke/wench a beasting and move on. Does not deserve a life ban.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry guys, ban the p***k!
When my team go to liverpool and some divvy throws something at a wolves player, what you think they gonna say?
Ban everyone that does anything like that!! i really hope they find out who it was today!!

I would have chucked a house brick at the cheating **** but i was in the north bank

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
VAR is to blame and if they had pulled up the Jimenez goal for Traore's barge into the back of Mendy (and it was his back which could have easily been a justified foul) then it would have gotten real ugly in the stands after the earlier farce.

People move on from on-field officialdom mistakes, they don't move on after 3 minutes of slow-mo replays that are inconclusive either way yet somehow the decision is the opposite to the on-field call.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bunch of toddlers on here it seems. Grow up. Indirectly blaming VAR for an individual's actions? It's toys out of the pram stuff; something goes against me, I don't like, I react like a child.

A grown man got so riled up about a bloody football decision that he lost control of his emotions and in turn his motor skills and lobbed a bloody steel can at a football player! A player who is just doing his job, who has no control over VAR decisions made elsewhere!

It's the same as losing your temper and punching someone - it's not passionate it's a failure to control yourself - it's what toddlers do.

As said, if some Koppite lobs something at Raul on Sunday you'll all be on here bleating for life bans and points deductions like a load of triggered SJWs.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
If he'd gone to celebrate with his own fans it wouldn't have happened. It's no excuse but it's just inviting trouble giving large in front of the home fans in such a situation.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to bring it right on top for hip flasks now, that's the problem and just when it's getting cold.
What a game though,

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR is to blame and if they had pulled up the Jimenez goal for Traore's barge into the back of Mendy (and it was his back which could have easily been a justified foul) then it would have gotten real ugly in the stands after the earlier farce.

People move on from on-field officialdom mistakes, they don't move on after 3 minutes of slow-mo replays that are inconclusive either way yet somehow the decision is the opposite to the on-field call.
What was inconclusive? VAR was completely conclusive and was completely correct. I don't know how it was handled in the stadium with regards to explaining to the fans or showing what had happened on the big screens, but on TV it was handled correctly.
Whatever ones thoughts about the peno, Sterling, VAR etc... it doesn't excuse throwing objects.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was inconclusive? VAR was completely conclusive and was completely correct. I don't know how it was handled in the stadium with regards to explaining to the fans or showing what had happened on the big screens, but on TV it was handled correctly.
Whatever ones thoughts about the peno, Sterling, VAR etc... it doesn't excuse throwing objects.
Ha, you sausage, are you that upset about someone chucking a hip flask? You big girl.

Stingray II

Reaction score
If a guest in my home ever throws an object at another guest to cause hurt, they will never be allowed in my home again. I don't care what sparked their anger.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a guest in my home ever throws an object at another guest to cause hurt, they will never be allowed in my home again. I don't care what sparked their anger.
What's the matter with people on here? You sound like a Victorian take on Viz top tips but without the humour.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously, for a mo, my concern is what action the dumb ****s at the Premier League will take. Surely they cannot deduct points, or something drastic like that, because an individual got a bit carried away?
Of course there will not be a points deduction
What was the outcome for the Man City fans throwing about 12 lighters at the Man Utd players? which was far worse than last night

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there will not be a points deduction
What was the outcome for the Man City fans throwing about 12 lighters at the Man Utd players? which was far worse than last night

That’s why the club will almost certainly issue a life ban to the culprit(s). God knows I understand the frustration after that Varce, but it’s no excuse for throwing objects at the players.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Big thing for me for VAR to be kept as credible part of the game is
1. Consistency on all decisions
2. Speed of decision

To me Dendonker’s was accidental contact with an opposing player.

Every single corner and free kick that goes into the area sees similar or worse and quite often intentional so they should all be given as penalties or none at all!

Benny78

Reaction score
If the flask hits Sterling in the head it could’ve done serious damage. I hope the culprit gets a life ban, stuff like this is why many fans round the world watch football from inside a cage.

I had the privilege of coming to a game at Molineux this year and it will be something I will never forget. I loved every moment, the atmosphere was amazing even though we were second last on the table playing Watford. What possessed this tool to hurl something at a player is beyond me and behaviour like this must be dealt with harshly to ensure it doesn’t ever compromise what fans get to experience week in week out at Molineux. Go Wolves!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big thing for me for VAR to be kept as credible part of the game is
1. Consistency on all decisions
2. Speed of decision

To me Dendonker’s was accidental contact with an opposing player.

Every single corner and free kick that goes into the area sees similar or worse and quite often intentional so they should all be given as penalties or none at all!
As I understand it, if a 'player trips or attempts to trip a player' in the box it's a peno. Accidental contact is irrelevant. Dendoncker tripped Mahrez by standing on his foot. Correct decision imo. Luckily it didn't matter.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I understand it, if a 'player trips or attempts to trip a player' in the box it's a peno. Accidental contact is irrelevant. Dendoncker tripped Mahrez by standing on his foot. Correct decision imo. Luckily it didn't matter.
Got it but I do think you see as clear and obvious ‘fouls’ at every corner so they should all be given.

W

Wolves in Bucharest

This wasn’t the only incident last evening. Apparently a lady invaded the press box and confronted the Citeh press team. I have no idea what the effect of such a confrontation was.
On the effect of VAR, surely the Police have concerns and will have input on whether or not it continues. Neither of last nights incidences should have occurred but they did and there are always those who react angrily and foolishly in the moment. Some of this behavior can/could lead to injury. The mishandling of the introduction of VAR is down to the FA.

W

Wolves in Bucharest

This wasn’t the only incident last evening. Apparently a lady invaded the press box and confronted the Citeh press team. I have no idea what the effect of such a confrontation was.
On the effect of VAR, surely the Police have concerns and will have input on whether or not it continues. Neither of last nights incidences should have occurred but they did and there are always those who react angrily and foolishly in the moment. Some of this behavior can/could lead to injury. The mishandling of the introduction of VAR is down to the FA.

W

Wolves in Bucharest

W

Wolves in Bucharest

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Back
Top Bottom