Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nicknames for fellow fans at the match..

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spitty: The bloke who used to spit on me when he shouted from behind.
Sargent bell3nd: Bloke who used to rally the fans and start songs.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the NB there used to be a well known member of Hatherton Wolves that used to randomly stand up and start ranting and pointing at the BW upper for not singing.. ''sing up! yow'm like a bloody muriel!"
He got the name Muriel..'sit down Muriel!"

Another guy at the end of our row in the NB used to be there on his own and started to get into conversation with our mate next to him. always managed to turn any talk about his cat and his budgie.... he got nicknamed Mavis (Riley)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve missed a few off now I’ve had a think
- mad fella (giant of a bloke, always came in late with blood on his knuckles, once had a bite mark on his cheek)
-Cobain and Big Yin (father and son who look like Kurt Cobain and Billy Connolly)
-wolverine (mate of mad fella, used to have ridiculous sideburns and a massive quiff like the film character)
- Beans on Toast (fella wearing a hat with beans on toast written on it) cracked me up for ages until I found out they were a band, I thought he was just describing his favourite food

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recently whilst at the match my lads advised me they refer to one of the supporters a few rows down as Crackhead Steve

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weasley - some ginger always wearing a scarf
Knee-dy *******s - always complaining to us about his knees, sat at end of the row.. although we were always slightly late and left before half time to get beers in so understandable
****ler - fella with a small moustache

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Not got a nickname for him but when i had a season ticket for a few years under Taylor and then Dave Jones the bloke I sat next to used to repeatedly cry out ‘it’s too easy, it’s all too easy’ when the opposition carved us open. I watched as he seemed to become more broken each season, looking more stressed, swearing more (and then telling his son off if he did the same, haha). Almost seem to be crying some games. Poor chap. What this club has done to people over the years!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not got a nickname for him but when i had a season ticket for a few years under Taylor and then Dave Jones the bloke I sat next to used to repeatedly cry out ‘it’s too easy, it’s all too easy’ when the opposition carved us open. I watched as he seemed to become more broken each season, looking more stressed, swearing more (and then telling his son off if he did the same, haha). Almost seem to be crying some games. Poor chap. What this club has done to people over the years!
The guy directly behind me is like that (for some reason we’ve never given him a nickname) probably because he looks like he’s about to burst into tears most games. We’re all wolves obsessed or we wouldn’t post on here but the guy behind always seems like he’s about to have a breakdown. He always picks a player every season as the one to almost plead with to be better (Trincao last season, Guedes this). He doesn’t get angry, it’s almost child like whining. I often think I’d pack in if it did that to me. Even after Leicester 4-0 by the time I’d dropped the car off at home and went to the pub for a few pints it was all forgot

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Chippy Minton and his son Nibs" (Father & son) who always arrive ten minutes into the game (with a Mr Tikka), leave ten minutes before half time, and come back ten minutes into the second half. In fairness, they do see the game out.

I don't know if Dad is a carpenter but the name came from some TV series (Trumpton?) that I used to watch as a small child.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to have a guy behind me we named 'work it' because he used to just shout that constantly whenever we had the ball. Took an American mate to the game once and he asked me what 'work it' meant and I had to say ****ed if I know?

Also used to have 'Wembley Wolves' behind me. Bloke used to always shout come on you Wembley Wolves. Me and my mates still say it now.

There was a peter stringfellow for a time as well in the John Ireland Upper

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One lady we nicknamed “Vinna-gar-ay”, based on her pronunciation (or inability to pronounce) our former LWB Vinagre in her thick Wolverhampton accent, and still to this day if we see her we say “There’s Vinna-gar-ay”. She sat behind us on back row of SBU. I believe she’s in the South Bank now.

She seemed to hate Doherty more than any player. Constantly shouted “Bloody hell Doherty” no matter what he did.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One lady we nicknamed “Vinna-gar-ay”, based on her pronunciation (or inability to pronounce) our former LWB Vinagre in her thick Wolverhampton accent, and still to this day if we see her we say “There’s Vinna-gar-ay”. She sat behind us on back row of SBU. I believe she’s in the South Bank now.

She seemed to hate Doherty more than any player. Constantly shouted “Bloody hell Doherty” no matter what he did.
Re your last para there used to be one of those in J1 SBU as well... Doc got pelters even when he wasn't on the field....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to have a guy behind me we named 'work it' because he used to just shout that constantly whenever we had the ball. Took an American mate to the game once and he asked me what 'work it' meant and I had to say ****ed if I know?

Also used to have 'Wembley Wolves' behind me. Bloke used to always shout come on you Wembley Wolves. Me and my mates still say it now.

There was a peter stringfellow for a time as well in the John Ireland Upper
Ha that’s brilliant! I used to play Sunday league and our manager used to shout “work it” constantly and I had no idea what he meant either.

The old boy next to me shouts “box them in” on every single opposing throw in no matter where it is on the pitch.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just remembered that the aforementioned “drunk nan” who sat behind me used to say to me every single game as I walked in “here he is, the accountant”. As she was normally more “in drink” than I was I’d laugh it off but I asked her one week why she called it me “well cos you look like one” “why?” “Well you wear glasses”. Who knew wearing glasses made you an accountant.

Worse thing is she moved seats about 5 years ago but she must live near me as I’ve seen her in the supermarket many times, she’s got one of them Alex Ferguson drunk noses now.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we moved to the BW upper inline with the NB penalty box, there is/was a guy about half way up who when he shouted his voice would break mid shout and he ended up squealing.
name: The Balloon (helium).. or 'his balls have just dropped'

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last para there used to be one of those in J1 SBU as well... Doc got pelters even when he wasn't on the field....

We’re up the other end! But think Doherty was an unpopular chap at the time amongst many as we had far more stylish sounding players on the pitch than an Irish full back that we bought for £75k.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
My least favourite was the 'pie spitter'.

Would wait until the last minute at half time to avoid the rush, return back to his seat holding whatever 'meat' pie that they hadn't run out of, stands up to eat his pie because there's no room for elbows sat down, annoying everyone behind him, but annoying those in front even more.......

by gobbing large chunks of pie over them while he shouts at the action.

1667470574415.png

Back
Top Bottom