Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nick Powell

• Thread starter Deleted member 4456
  • Start date

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be very pleased with him, he just needs to focus on playing football regularly again now.

Wonder who the other one is, didn't someone suggest Johnny Russell the other day?

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I've ever seen him play. Who would he replace in today's Wolves team?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has ability, but he wont ever fulfill his potential imo.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I've ever seen him play. Who would he replace in today's Wolves team?

He'd be the number 10 we've so desperately needed for the best part of the last decade.

He'd play the role Edwards has in more recent seasons.

O

OldburyWolf

Would be very pleased with him, he just needs to focus on playing football regularly again now.

Wonder who the other one is, didn't someone suggest Johnny Russell the other day?
The other target is apparently a CB, Nixon said we made an offer for a CB last week

F

FLEET WOLF

Probably not. He wasted years of his career at Man United.

Unfortunately, a lot of real talented youngsters go to the big clubs and disappear of the radar! From what I have seen and read about him, he is worth a gamble in my view and he could be just the sort of player we need.

D

Deleted member 4124

I can't see the tweet, but KJ said yesterday that we aren't signing any players until the new owner comes in so I doubt there's anything in this.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Absolutely. He's a real talent who has the ability to play at the very top.

If we could get the best out of him (and that is a big if) then there is a huge potential upside. On a free, I'd be all for it.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'd likely to be a jacket signing, if this deal goes through I think we could be looking bigger and better.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A top top talent whose career took a backwards step the moment he took that huge leap from Crewe to Manchester United.

He wasn't ready for that, he needed another 'stepping stone' or two learning his trade before making his way to a top club. I know that Ferguson regretted letting Dean Ashton slip through the net, Powell at the same age was a better player which is why Fergie took a punt on him.

If we get him I'd be happy with it. He needs some games at our level and some stability, he's the right age to fit in with the rest of the current squad too.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
@locke9matt Offered him a very good contract. Think he wants to play. Had chance of Hull. But might not play so much there.

@locke9matt He's on nothing now. Very strong chance of happening.

Also says we are in for another player but their club is unwilling to sell.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thankyou, 'Offered him a very good contract' seems the money is available and we have a new recruitment team operating

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
The only other names I have seen mentioned are Matej Vydra and Alex Mowatt.

M

Mr Wolf

No for me, awful attitude & he doesn't seem to want it. All this potential means nothing & I firmly believe no English player can play a number 10 technical skilful role linking play together & beating players.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
No for me, awful attitude & he doesn't seem to want it. All this potential means nothing & I firmly believe no English player can play a number 10 technical skilful role linking play together & beating players.

Alex Pritchard?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we would be silly not to take him.

He has everything. Bit of speed, decebt height, decent in the air, two good feet, quick feet, footballing brain and can strike a ball like a rocket.

It's all mental problems with him. Get him playing football. And enjoying it. you could have a top player, he has the potential!

Lopetegui likes to play 433, i'd love to see powell in it

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

He looked disinterested and poor for Hull when I saw him towards the end of the season.

He's for the James Wilson syndrome for me, everyone says he is quality but I've not seen him do anything of note since Crewe (which was lower league).

Not saying he isn't talented, just I've not seen it in the admittedly limited times I've seen him.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely this won't be the case until the takeover goes through?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
E&S now reporting our interest and that a deal is not thought to be dependent on the takeover.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see the tweet, but KJ said yesterday that we aren't signing any players until the new owner comes in so I doubt there's anything in this.

Yes that's what I thought. Still, takes the focus off the takeover bid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S now reporting our interest and that a deal is not thought to be dependent on the takeover.

It's free but the report said the contract offered was a good one so doubt Moxey has made the terms

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Powell. If he could be bothered he could be a very good player for us.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I cant see how ANY deal is on the table given a possible takeover

Easy quick conversation along the lines of we have this guy lined up, might slip through the net if we wait for the deal to finalise, are you okay if we commit not much of a risk. Quick word with Julen and an okay is all that's needed. Businesses don't stop everything when acquisitions are going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any more on this?

Heard we have offered a decent amount, between us and Hull. We offered more game time

Back
Top Bottom