Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next manager

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we were perennials in the Championship, then perhaps a League 2 title win or taking a team from 12th to 3rd in the Championship would have made us envy a manager. But I just cant' see it being anywhere near the level we are at and need now.

When we got Dean Saunders, he'd won a League 1 title. Big deal.

If you can't rule out a league 2 title winner as being not high enough qualification for a mid-table Premier League club
, then what can you rule out? A manager who takes Accrington Stanley from 18th to 10th? That guy who took Solihull Moors to a Conference play off?

We would become a laughing stock and I am wondering if you are having a bit of a joke!

Yet some people put forward Potter, hell even I wouldn’t mind him, and his cv isn’t much more impressive than Edwards. The rest of your post is just nonsense with made up comparisons.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if Matt Sadler wins a couple in pre season we take a punt on him . Less fees to pay on a release so we could afford him with the FFP. Or just give it Mouts at least then him as player manager we guarantee another in the squad to fill the bench .

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it before lopetegui, and I was laughed at , but I ll say it again ....
Makenna at Ipswich...great attacking goal scoring coach

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe noone has mentioned Mark Robins. Did great at Coventry before leaving them, then returning and working a miracle to get them in the Play Off final. Coventry is only just down the road, too, so he knows the area and wouldn't have to move far. If only his name was Marco Robinsio.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Lopetegui yet?

Best man for the job to get us challenging for Europe next season
I agree, but this thread is about a replacement IF he goes. Which after his statement this morning I'm not so sure about. IMO the reason Garagarza was bought in was for this very reason. We know we can't carry on spending at Mendes' level and he's proven to be able to find value.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He threw his toys outside his pram in Sevilla. He wanted to leave before this season started, for almost the same reason that is being reported in the UK now. This then coincided with Sevilla's worst ever start in la Liga. Then in the end, he got his way with a pay out and was sacked.
Problem is, with the same players, Sevilla are one point off qualifying for Europe and in the Europa League final again.
Then again, he has done a great job keeping us up and I hope he knuckles down, leads by example and takes us in to Europe this year.
I think he could be our ideal manager, he is good with youngsters and I think we could be the ideal club for him. He just needs to concentrate on the football.
Well said...again

Back
Top Bottom