Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next manager

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruud Van Nistleroy has left PSV with immediate effect! 2 cups and 126 goals to 60 has been a pretty fruitful season!!!

If JL does leave I'd be after him like a rat up a drainpipe! I'm sure he's got a better offer on the table though!

Not only did he have a good season, but FS would be coming back to a manager he has openly and recently admitted he wanted to carry on playing for, with no Luke DeJong ahead of him either!

**edit**
Also thinking on it further surely our whole forward line would improve under him. His experience would be absolutely invaluable to Sasa, Cunha, Neto and Chiquinho.

Last edited:

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Nuno or second choice Rogers.
Please don't let us end up with Rob Edwards...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Nuno. It rarely works well going back.

Don’t want the man’s legacy tarnished.

He wouldn’t want to work with a basket case like us anyway (although to be fair he did go to Spurs)
He learned a brutal lesson going to spurs…….

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most here needs to get real. If Lopetegui leaves, because he felt lied to about the finances, I don't think Potter or Rodgers will come. Theyll probably also have better offers at clubs with more ambition than to just stay up.
Nuno might, but I doubt Shi wants him due to their poor relationship.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno top
Rodgers or Potter second

Don't get the hate for Rob Edwards, hes one game away from getting Luton into the Premier League, he won the league two title with a Forest Green side that finished bottom the next season and he got the U21s promoted developing some good players along the way.

That said if we're going for something different, whos that guy in France that everyone raves about

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most here needs to get real. If Lopetegui leaves, because he felt lied to about the finances, I don't think Potter or Rodgers will come. Theyll probably also have better offers at clubs with more ambition than to just stay up.
Nuno might, but I doubt Shi wants him due to their poor relationship.
Name those clubs with more ambition than us and an infinite budget.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I think he is a good fit at Wolves, if he stops listening to Mendes so much.
The problem is, his job is becoming untenable. This is dragging our famous club and making our club look bad on the world stage. This shouldn't have been let out through the media. It should have been sorted out behind closed doors.
It is almost like he looking to get sacked again, with a pay off and hoping a top club come in for him. Whatever, it will destabilise our squad and make potential players think twice before coming to Wolves. Which is a big concern.
I do wonder how much Mendes is behind some of this. In Keen’s original article, which I felt came out of the club rather than JL, there was overt criticism of Mendes and accusations of him working against Wolves. Whilst it was later edited I’m not sure he’d have been best pleased to see one of his cash cows publicly declaring he can do one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno top
Rodgers or Potter second

Don't get the hate for Rob Edwards, hes one game away from getting Luton into the Premier League, he won the league two title with a Forest Green side that finished bottom the next season and he got the U21s promoted developing some good players along the way.

That said if we're going for something different, whos that guy in France that everyone raves about
It's not a hate for Rob Edwards in my case at least. It is doubts about his ability to reshape a PL team and, while l admire how well he has done with Luton given the constraints that he's operated under, real doubts about the style of football that they play. Let's just say that past precedent suggests that it would be doomed to fail in the PL. I also note how well his Luton predecessor did at Saints.....

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno ? You must be joking !
Tell me that your steely heart wouldn't melt to watch Wolves Media releasing an intro video set to sombre piano music, on a grey, blustery railway platform in the driving rain, and a line of passengers decked out in dejected monochrome, and then a train slowly pulls away to reveal a figure on the opposite platform dressed in rich gold and black, who carefully raises his head and smiles to the camera behind his familiar bushy beard, and says, gently, "Hello, my friends. Now, where were we...?"

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell me that your steely heart wouldn't melt to watch Wolves Media releasing an intro video set to sombre piano music, on a grey, blustery railway platform in the driving rain, and a line of passengers decked out in dejected monochrome, and then a train slowly pulls away to reveal a figure on the opposite platform dressed in rich gold and black, who carefully raises his head and smiles to the camera behind his familiar bushy beard, and says, gently, "Hello, my friends. Now, where were we...?"
Or "Hello Vulverhampton, I said that it wasn't goodbye, it was see you soon"....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
IMG_9219.png

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeffrey Shi went to Stoke in a leased Ferrari
Brought us back a manager, **** it’s Lou Macari

Jeffrey Shi went ****ing mad in a Nissan Skyline
Brought us back a manager, Super Alan Irvine

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the way I see it is that Lage and Solbakken are similar in some ways. Not being rude to either of them, tactically they were OK (I know some will differ on Lage) but fundamentally they didn't have the authority or strength of personality to handle senior players.
Or the owners

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No clubs with an infitine budget, except Man City and PSG. Plenty with more ambition...IF we let Lopetegui go that is. Keeping him means we still mean business.
Tottenham aside, I can't see him getting a job at any of the clubs that have more ambition.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree what a ******** ridiculous theard we a have top class manager. He's going nowhere guys just get behind him .forsen took 5 years to get there number 1 target there not going to let him slip Away.
Was taking it all with a pinch of salt but now really worried based on your previous predictions record! :)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the way I see it is that Lage and Solbakken are similar in some ways. Not being rude to either of them, tactically they were OK (I know some will differ on Lage) but fundamentally they didn't have the authority or strength of personality to handle senior players.
I don't think Solbakken was tactically okay. And I have said it before but the decision to switch to a 4-3-3 this season was absolute tactical suicide.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He learned a brutal lesson going to spurs…….
Yep , he did for sure . If they ain't happy I'll leave with a boat load of cash and then go abroad and get a rake more cash . Oh , and wins Saudi Super Cup...........fair play to him

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree what a ******** ridiculous theard we a have top class manager. He's going nowhere guys just get behind him .forsen took 5 years to get there number 1 target there not going to let him slip Away.

That's good enough for me! Now to get this weekend done, and then this season can naff off, and we can all take a deserved break from the madness.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not a hate for Rob Edwards in my case at least. It is doubts about his ability to reshape a PL team and, while l admire how well he has done with Luton given the constraints that he's operated under, real doubts about the style of football that they play. Let's just say that past precedent suggests that it would be doomed to fail in the PL. I also note how well his Luton predecessor did at Saints.....

He was miles behind Kompany at Burnley. Fair enough, Burnley just relegated. But plenty of clubs have fallen further and he's done a complete revamp of playing style at Burnley. My point is, we'll be competing with Kompany next season, why would we want the manager who finished a distant third behind him? Luton in the same position as Q.P.R. were when Beale left, should we consider him, too? :p

And Lage did fine at Sheff Wed. Couldn't hack it in this league, though. Beats me how anybody can still think we should be plundering the riches of the Championship for a manager who can get us top 8 Premier League. Yes, it is a stepping stone for some for greater things. But a tiny minority can cut it in the Premeir League. Might as well get Steve Davis back, he's about Championship level and we saw what we would get.

Back
Top Bottom