Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next manager

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're changing, this is the time you go for a Bo Svensson. New manager, totally refreshed squad, new angle
How do we totally refresh a squad under these circumstances?
You can't buy 13 players a season and then decide they are all useless at the end of it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I

There's absolutely no chance they'd come...
If Lopetegui goes we're talking the likes of Rob Edwards....and while I actually do rate Edwards, who's done a marvelous job at Luton, I clearly dont think this type of appointment is what we need right now.
i think we could get potter or rodgers tbh,

where else in the prem - maybe west ham?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I vote for my dog Fudge:

- loyal
- barks orders well
- better at communicating than Lage
- brings you slippers
- does her dirty business in private (unlike JLO)

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Potter all day. I think he's brilliant and no one stood a chance at Chelsea this season.
If Julen goes..then Potter`s the man.
I do not think for a split second he is a worse headcoach than Julen Lopetegui.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lopetegui goes, it will set a terrible precedent.

Who would come here after a manager with ambition has proven that we cannot match it?

He threw his toys outside his pram in Sevilla. He wanted to leave before this season started, for almost the same reason that is being reported in the UK now. This then coincided with Sevilla's worst ever start in la Liga. Then in the end, he got his way with a pay out and was sacked.
Problem is, with the same players, Sevilla are one point off qualifying for Europe and in the Europa League final again.
Then again, he has done a great job keeping us up and I hope he knuckles down, leads by example and takes us in to Europe this year.
I think he could be our ideal manager, he is good with youngsters and I think we could be the ideal club for him. He just needs to concentrate on the football.

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He threw his toys outside his pram in Sevilla. He wanted to leave before this season started, for almost the same reason that is being reported in the UK now. This then coincided with Sevilla's worst ever start in la Liga. Then in the end, he got his way with a pay out and was sacked.
Problem is, with the same players, Sevilla are one point off qualifying for Europe and in the Europa League final again.
Then again, he has done a great job keeping us up and I hope he knuckles down, leads by example and takes us in to Europe this year.
It certainly seems your initial caution about JL's suitability was justified.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think we could get potter or rodgers tbh,

where else in the prem - maybe west ham?
Rodgers didnt really seem to enjoy working in the end, at a cashstrapped Leicester. Potter probably dont want to go somewhere where the manager supposedly cant trust the leadership, and where there's still doubts about the structure. Part of his succes at Brighton was down to a brillant relationship between manager and board, and a very good internal structure.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I vote for my dog Fudge:

- loyal
- barks orders well
- better at communicating than Lage
- brings you slippers
- does her dirty business in private (unlike JLO)
Could do worse but does she favour 3-5-2 or 4-4-2?; might be best initially as a coach with ambition to become the top dog...

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It certainly seems your initial caution about JL's suitability was justified.

Well, I think he is a good fit at Wolves, if he stops listening to Mendes so much.
The problem is, his job is becoming untenable. This is dragging our famous club and making our club look bad on the world stage. This shouldn't have been let out through the media. It should have been sorted out behind closed doors.
It is almost like he looking to get sacked again, with a pay off and hoping a top club come in for him. Whatever, it will destabilise our squad and make potential players think twice before coming to Wolves. Which is a big concern.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I think he is a good fit at Wolves, if he stops listening to Mendes so much.
The problem is, his job is becoming untenable. This is dragging our famous club and making our club look bad on the world stage. This shouldn't have been let out through the media. It should have been sorted out behind closed doors.
It is almost like he looking to get sacked again, with a pay off and hoping a top club come in for him. Whatever, it will destabilise our squad and make potential players think twice before coming to Wolves. Which is a big concern.
Feels like that to me. Get yourself sacked time.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this hasn't been out long, but I'm already getting annoyed with this. If JLo wants to go, let him leave. As much as I want him to stay, we need those fully committed to the club to be here. If he leaves, I'd be going all out to get Potter.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm leaning towards Lopetegui staying over this, though I am far from certain. If he went, I'd be in full Pampers mode, because Shi's hiring / attempted hiring record is... questionable to say the least. No chance of Potter if he senses FFP problems at the club. Edwards I'm afraid would be far more likely.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So by the same token, Klopp should already have been fired?

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rogers or Potter but make sure we get some compo for JL don’t rip his contract up.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance we'd get him but Postecoglou would be my first choice...... more likely he'd end up at Spurs!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get that man Potter in.

Potter could probably take us to mid-table mediocrity based off well organised defending and a minimal interest in goals scoring. It's what he did at Brighton, after all. Hang on though, isn't that exactly where we are already? Arent' we trying to move on from mid-table mediocrity based on grinding out results?

Brighton improved immensely when De Zerbi replaced Potter. And Potter did nothing at Chelsea other than help their decline .The man is a modern day Mark McGhee. Hype way above ability.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Potter
2. Rogers

Both would do a good job

This is the Rogers who has turned Leicester from a top half the table team knocking at the door of the Big 6, to almost certain relegation? Surely not?

Anybody who wants Rogers must be reminiscing of being in the Championship, because thats the only place Rogers will take us.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I

Yes, because Solbakken failed, lets never ever go for sort of refresh again...
As for Svensson - Great manager! Definite upgrade on Lage, definite downgrade on Lopetegui..
Asking him to do a refresh of the current squad, would be a massive ask, for such a young manager. So I sort of agree wih you, that its not the solution..despite him being a good manager.
I think the way I see it is that Lage and Solbakken are similar in some ways. Not being rude to either of them, tactically they were OK (I know some will differ on Lage) but fundamentally they didn't have the authority or strength of personality to handle senior players.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thar's pretty much what they said about Solbakken
They also always go for the flavour of the month. Who invariably fails to deliver.

I'm not impressed by any of the British candidates. Just look at who is genuinely improving non big 6 clubs in this league. De Zerbi, Frank etc. Not your Gerrard, Lampard, Allardyce etc Having said that, would have Moyes ahead of Rodgers & Potter

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we totally refresh a squad under these circumstances?
You can't buy 13 players a season and then decide they are all useless at the end of it.
Obviously not every player is going to be changed but look at how many are likely to be leaving

Neves
Moutinho
Jimenez
Costa
Traore
Podence
Ait-Nouri
Neto
Jonny

Maybe one or two more I can't think of right now (plus a couple who have been out on loan like Coady). That's a complete refresh on the playing side and the majority of 'old guard' gone. Perfect time to bring in totally new ideas

Back
Top Bottom