Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next five games

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our next five games are Liverpool (h), Fulham (a), Spurs (a), Palace (h) and Man City (a).

We'll be looking for a win at home to Palace and hope that Fulham's form continues to dip, but those other three games are very tough indeed. We could easily come out of this lot with 3 points or less, or we could keep our track record against big teams and get perhaps 7 or 8 points.

If we can beat Fulham and Palace, I'll consider anything else a bonus.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Our next five games are Liverpool (h), Fulham (a), Spurs (a), Palace (h) and Man City (a).

We'll be looking for a win at home to Palace and hope that Fulham's form continues to dip, but those other three games are very tough indeed. We could easily come out of this lot with 3 points or less, or we could keep our track record against big teams and get perhaps 7 or 8 points.

If we can beat Fulham and Palace, I'll consider anything else a bonus.
Fifteen points would be amazing.....:)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see a ten point haul. Draw with the Scousers, treble of wins against the mockney ****neys and then hammered by City.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

7 I think
I'm afraid Fulham will be a real banana skin

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of games in short space of time especially for team like Spurs who've got cup games.
I'd be Ok with 6 points, think the points might come where we don't expect it though like lose to Fulham and beat Spurs

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 - 6 points, can see us drawing with either Spuds or Liverpool. Can see us beating Palace and losing/drawing at Fulham. Stranger things have happened but can't see anything but a defeat at the Etihad.

M

Mr Wolf

Looking at the squad depending how Jota is I think we’re pretty well set to rotate & get the best out of players at least.

5 points would be very welcome, anything above & we’ve had a stormer of a festive period.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably will get something out of the spurs, man city and Liverpool games. We probably won't get all 6 points from Crystal Palace and Fulham.
I can see a win and 2 draws, which ain't too bad.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd be over the moon with 7 points from those fixtures, think we'll end up with 4 tbh

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't like to predict anything at the moment as I think this team is capable of the unexpected. The problem is we can be unexpectedly good or unexpectedly bad. It really wouldnt surprise me to see a win against Spurs or Liverpool and a loss against Fulham or Palace.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll get something against Liverpool. I'd even go as far as to say I can see us ending their unbeaten run (and then probably dropping points at Fulham).

Guardiola said he was happy with the point they got at our place as others would drop points against us too. Turning out to be a fairly accurate prediction at the moment with Spurs the only Top 6 side to beat us so far and only by a one goal margin.

I know it doesn't mean a great deal in the grand scheme of things but I hope we take something from Liverpool and Spurs, I'd be immensely proud if in our first season back we'd taken points off every Top 6 side by the end of December, even despite the losses to Cardiff and Huddersfield. You remember good results against the big boys longer than the ones against the rest.

D

Deleted member 3751

6+ would be brilliant, and averaging a point a game from that run of games would be absolutely fine, need to take a minimum of 3. A lot depends on Jota's fitness in my opinion, even if it's a minor hamstring problem he could miss four games at a time when he's flying and comfortably our most dangerous player

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Liverpool L
Fulham W
Tottenham L
Palace W
Man City L

6 points I think.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 points would be good. That would be 29 points from 22 games

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We'll lose to Fulham.

For no other reason than they're in dreadful form and a lot has been made of the fact that they haven't kept a clean sheet yet. As these runs usually end against Wolves, on this basis I'm predicting a 2-0 defeat but hoping for better, obviously.

Y

Yout85

I've got our last 3 scorelines spot on, so I can say with 100% of certainty that the results will be:

Wolves 2-1 Liverpool
Fulham 0-2 Wolves
Tottenham 3-1 Wolves
Wolves 3-0 Crystal Palace
Man City 3-2 Wolves

9 points.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One game at a time. Get a decent result against Liverpool and take it from there.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get three as some people are saying and then people are says they are happy with it l guarantee there will be people on MM saying Nuno is on dodgy ground. We really need perspective here, five points would be good, two wins and a point from any of the others would be an excellent haul.

gewolf

Reaction score
We'll lose to Fulham.

For no other reason than they're in dreadful form and a lot has been made of the fact that they haven't kept a clean sheet yet. As these runs usually end against Wolves, on this basis I'm predicting a 2-0 defeat but hoping for better, obviously.

I have always had that same thought, but I do believe that since Nuno got properly started those sort of worries have disappeared.
Our shocking Novembers record was the turning point for me.
Believe!!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have always had that same thought, but I do believe that since Nuno got properly started those sort of worries have disappeared.
Our shocking Novembers record was the turning point for me.
Believe!!
Don't think we won a game In November just gone :D. Also, I think Huddersfield hadn't kept a clean sheet before they beat us and I believe they hadn't got an away win since something like February. I could be wrong about those though.

I'm confident Nuno will sort it all out eventually but it is uncanny sometimes.

S

Southbank Ebanks

I think Liverpool will be expecting an easier game on Friday than they had on Sunday whereas I’m extremely confident that we will be a bigger test for them at home.

If we can average a point a game over the next 5 then we’ll have done very well.

Back
Top Bottom