Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next 4 games...

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a quick shufty at the fixtures over christmas/new year for the main players at the business end of the table.

Wolves
Ipswich (H) | Millwall (A) | Bristol City (A) | Brentford (H)

Cardiff
Bolton (A) | Fulham (H) | Preston (H) | QPR (A)

Bristol C
QPR (A) | Reading (H) | Wolves (H) | Villa (A)

Derby
Millwall (H) | Hull (A) | Ipswich (A) | Sheff Utd (H)

Being up there to be shot at, combined with MM will probably want to frustrate us again (can't see him going for a win) leaves us with I think the trickiest run of fixtures.

I think a neutral would fancy Cardiff to pick up the most points over these four games so could see the gap closing, don't see Brizzle or Derby closing the gap on us though - hoping we'll have too much for Bristol. Pessimist in me says we get 7 points, which is still pretty good. Cardiff I think will get 8 minimum. Maybe 10+

That being said, this is new Wolves - we could easily chalk up 12 points. Do that and I think it would be more or less wrapped up - and I don't normally like to say things like that from experience with Wolves.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City have the toughest games, anything more than 6 points would be a good return for them.

Cardiff should be picking up maximum points from those and if Derby want to catch us and Cardiff they need at least 9.

We’re gonna need to get back towards our best to get maximum points imo, a couple of tough sides to breakdown followed by two of the better footballing sides in the league.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff 12
Wolves 9
Bristol 7
Derby 7

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to pick up, 12 points!
Sign 3 new players.
Permanently sign 3 players who are already here.
Once promotion is assured, plans for the expansion of Molineux will be made public and work will begin, once the final game has ended.

Last edited:

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would argue ours look the easiest to be fair.

The only one that I have trepidation about is Bristol City.

They’re good at home and it’s a big game.

We need a Nuno away masterclass in that one.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont like that **** Flint , we need to turn these over big time.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I think Cardiff will pick up maximum points or 10, we may have a couple of draws in ours, Bristol around 7, and Derby 9.

Looks like it is going to be pretty equal between us and Cardiff going into the New Year. It’s promotion that matters, not winning the Championship.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perversely I think Bristol will be our easiest game. All the others will frustrate and sit in I think we will get the points but may have to be patient also fancy Milwall to hold us to a dire 0-0. Bristol however will want a right go at us and that will play right into our hands we will pick them off on the counter.

Ipswich win
Milwall draw
Bristol City win
Brentford win

10 points thanks very much.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was checking the Wolvo weather for this weekend, (I know, old tater head has got to me), and it's supposed to be12C and dry, so using Nuno's mantra of one game at a time, 3-0 against bent nose Saturday.:)

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am hoping for at least 10 points but it will not be an easy run of games.

M

Mr Wolf

I think we’ll drop points vs Ipswich & Millwall as we seem to be struggling to break teams down currently.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ll drop points vs Ipswich & Millwall as we seem to be struggling to break teams down currently.

Are we? I seem to remember us missing some gilt-edged chances against blues, and mess up some pretty decent last 3rd chances against sheff W - theres only Sunderland where we didnt break them down.

E

Essex Wolf

All the games are tough. Teams at the bottom will be fighting for survival and to try and pull away from the drop zone, mid table sides will feel a good run could push them towards the play off zone and a bad one towards the drop zone whilst those at the top will be out to build on what they already have.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a boring cliche but "anything can happen". As Mr Wolf and Coffer Wolf have said there could be some surprises this weekend but the one I would love to see is Bolton turn Cardiff over. I also fear Mick will come with his usual negative park the bus strategy and we wont break them down.

E

Essex Wolf

Its a boring cliche but "anything can happen". As Mr Wolf and Coffer Wolf have said there could be some surprises this weekend but the one I would love to see is Bolton turn Cardiff over. I also fear Mick will come with his usual negative park the bus strategy and we wont break them down.
May sound daft CW but I watched the Cardiff V Hull game and thought Cardiff looked very ordinary and Hull gave them a tough game. Bolton, whom I hope get relegated, really are fighting for their lives so may surprise a few?

As for McCarthy and his bus, all I can say is defensively this season they have been poor. Yes they score a few but likewise there's only a handful of clubs who have conceded more.

S

Shifnal Wolf

8 points for us and I couldn’t give a flying **** about the others.

Keep the 2 points per game going (I know we don’t need that average here on in) and we don’t have to worry about anybody else.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are usually some unexpected results over the Christmas period, so it is particularly difficult to predict. Hopefully we won't be on the end of any wrong results. On paper Cardiff has the easiest fixture list but then as my son likes to say "who cares about 'on paper' what are they like on grass?"

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a quick shufty at the fixtures over christmas/new year for the main players at the business end of the table.

Wolves
Ipswich (H) | Millwall (A) | Bristol City (A) | Brentford (H)

Cardiff
Bolton (A) | Fulham (H) | Preston (H) | QPR (A)

Bristol C
QPR (A) | Reading (H) | Wolves (H) | Villa (A)

Derby
Millwall (H) | Hull (A) | Ipswich (A) | Sheff Utd (H)

Being up there to be shot at, combined with MM will probably want to frustrate us again (can't see him going for a win) leaves us with I think the trickiest run of fixtures.

I think a neutral would fancy Cardiff to pick up the most points over these four games so could see the gap closing, don't see Brizzle or Derby closing the gap on us though - hoping we'll have too much for Bristol. Pessimist in me says we get 7 points, which is still pretty good. Cardiff I think will get 8 minimum. Maybe 10+

That being said, this is new Wolves - we could easily chalk up 12 points. Do that and I think it would be more or less wrapped up - and I don't normally like to say things like that from experience with Wolves.
I did a thread on our dec fixtures including sheff w away recently. I worry about the next three. All tough and all loseable. But, as you say, this is new wolves. If we are still as far clear come the morning of 31st dec as we are now then in my view we will be certainties for automatic promotion. If we lose all three we still stand a good chance . In 08/09 we had a serious wobble so all wouldn’t be lost. The next 11 days are very important though.

M

merseawolf

I can see us beating them away. Sat looks harder to me. Ipswich are in decent form and will be hard to break down. Bristol C will be more open and i fancy us against anyone who wants to have a go at us

M

Mr Wolf

Are we? I seem to remember us missing some gilt-edged chances against blues, and mess up some pretty decent last 3rd chances against sheff W - theres only Sunderland where we didnt break them down.
Shots on target would suggest a bit different overall & we’ve struggled generally with the speed of play & attacking intent recently.

I just think against teams with a solid 10 behind the ball we need to have a bit more of a plan B.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully you backed your prediction with cold hard cash.......

I was going to put £10 on it being a 0-0 today. So glad I didn’t. Would have ruined my weekend

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, off to pretty much a perfect start to this little sequence.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised people reckon Bristol City away could be one of the easiest of the four i think it must be the hardest.There home form has been good i thought.

Berrylands

Groupie
Reaction score
I actually think Millwall could be a tougher game for us than Bristol. Bristol will try to play football and will be met by our imperious defence. Millwall may try to do a Sunderland and leave it up to our forwards to ‘unlock’ their defence, a harder job I think.

Still think we’ll get a result from both fixtures.

H

Honved

I think we’ll lose to Millwall, and it will be the spur needed to go on a great run that pushes us out of reach.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just been having a little look at the table; not sure why any of us are concerned..

Most games won, least games lost, most goals scored, least conceded, crazy points total.
Despatch Brizzle and we should be good.
By far the best team we've had in a long time. Drink it in and savour it ladies and gents.
It was have to be a catastrophic collapse of 2002 proportions from this position.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win the next two then we are at least 10 points above third place.
If we lose the next two then we could be just 2 points off third place.
To say this next game is important is an understatement.

Huge game coming up a draw is fine but 3 points would be just fantastic, I trust these lads and I'm sure we will be well up for the battle , Bristol C are a sly side .

Back
Top Bottom