Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

News of the World

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard on Talksport that this Sundays edition will be the last !!

A

Apocalypse Now

On the BBC also. Poor old Rupert is having a torrid time of it. Just wrote off hundreds of millions on Myspace and now this. Although NOTW doesn't turn a profit but will it spread to other News Corp publications?

Last edited by a moderator:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Persons unknown have registered The Sunday Sun for the internet, hopefully that one will be force to close down.
I bet murdoch is already putting pressure on the US gov`t to put pressure on the UK in some invisible form.

M

markb

I bet murdoch is already putting pressure on the US gov`t to put pressure on the UK in some invisible form.
why would he need to that? 'Dave' and 'Sam Cam' are his best mates, I'm sure a quiet word will get all he wants.

D

DoomWolf

Persons unknown have registered The Sunday Sun for the internet, hopefully that one will be force to close down.

The domains thesundaysun.co.uk and .com have been registered for years, neither of them to News International.

https://shop.easyspace.com/buyonline/generic/whois.cfm?domain=thesundaysun.co.uk

https://shop.easyspace.com/buyonline/generic/whois.cfm?domain=thesundaysun.com

If they want to publish The Sun on Sundays, it would make more sense just to use the Sun's existing domain. They could also use a much more obvious domain that has been owned by News International since May 1997: www.sunday.co.uk which currently redirects to a page not found error on the NotW website.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I`m certain the BBC said it had just been registered by persons unknown, my wording might been have been incorrect.

A

Apocalypse Now

The BBC and research and accurate don't really go together these days.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can be very true specially if it fits their agenda.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Good Riddence.

How long before the evil empire releases another equally squalid and ethically challenged red top?

Still, one down... Daily Mail next please.

A

Apocalypse Now

Time for the Sunday Sport to re-run the story of the woman whose one child became a fish finger. A true classic that deserves a bigger audience.

D

Deleted member 3604

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1aZcsY-O8Q"]YouTube - ‪A Bit of Fry&Laurie: If Rupert Murdoch hadn't been born...‬‏[/nomedia]

F

FetishWolf

Cynical response to the disgusting revelations of the last week. Murdoch has wanted to streamline the autonomous daily and sunday newspaper titles of his for some time...

R

robwolf

Just say no to News International! In any kind of shape or form, Rupert Murdoch should be made to pay for EVERYTHING he has done, not just the tiniest snowflake on the top of the iceberg........

D

Dewsburywolf

I seem to recall purchasing a newspaper some years ago called the Sunday Sun, IIRC it was a Tyneside based paper that I, rather bizarrely, used to buy in Halifax

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a doorstepper from Sky, boy did he knock at the wrong house..

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a doorstepper from Sky, boy did he knock at the wrong house..
I hope you were polite DRE, he is only trying to earn a living I imagine.Better than taking state benefits don't you think chap? Keep smilin':wavey:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was polite to him but pointed out I wouldn`t directly give money to murdoch.

I can appreciate why he is doing it, maybe forced into it by the dole office. I would only work for that scumbag if I was dragged there. I made moral decisions when at work which could have resulted in the sack but I don`t think they would have wanted the bad publicity.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3604

There are thousands who will buy it tomorrow only because it's proceeds are going to charity. That is the mentality of his target audience. The same people who are glued to the crap his and others empires are spewing out. Those responsible for the hacking need jailing and unfortunately it will be a painless process for Murdoch. Dave will be made to see to that.

M

markb

There are thousands who will buy it tomorrow only because it's proceeds are going to charity
The profits are going to charity. Seeing how it runs at a loss with advertising, I cant see much going to charity.

D

Deleted member 3604

The profits are going to charity. Seeing how it runs at a loss with advertising, I cant see much going to charity.

There are plenty of others ways to donate to charity than buying one of Murdoch's papers.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are supposedly printing extra copies in anticipation of extra demand because the so called `charity` scam.
Smoke and mirrors by murdoch.

D

Dewsburywolf

They are supposedly printing extra copies in anticipation of extra demand because the so called `charity` scam.
Smoke and mirrors by murdoch.

Not the best phrase to use in conjunction with the man who helped in bringing down Robert Maxwell

A

Apocalypse Now

Thought Hugh Grant was excellent on Question Time. Especially when he asked Douglas Alexander about attendance at a Murdoch party, fantastic.

A

Apocalypse Now

Can't say I agree with Coogan as I think the closure of the NOTW has more to do with News Corp business aspirations than decency or humanity.

I would also be astonished if only the NOTW used this tactic.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I agree with Coogan as I think the closure of the NOTW has more to do with News Corp business aspirations than decency or humanity.

Spot on, just as companies are using the so called bankrupt UK as an excuse to downgrade terms and conditions, sack people etc

D

Deleted member 3604

Murdoch has never been afraid to shed jobs before and the bad publicity from all this must be very unwanted. I don't think it matters to Murdoch if his papers run at a loss as long as him and those of his ilk control the media or rather it's output. He'll get Dave or Mandelson on the case (that's if they can get Mandelson off the Rothschild yacht he seems to a permanent fixture on).

D

Dewsburywolf

Does it have to be called the Sunday Sun though? Surely they would just keep it The Sun, possibly with on Sunday added underneath much like the Daily Mail - Mail on Sunday

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he will have worked out the tax angle, apparently you most likely pay more of your income in tax than murdoch.
News corp or whatever the top dog is in the myriad of companies he owns or part owns haven`t heard of corporation tax in the UK

Back
Top Bottom