Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Verdict

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I’d rather Neto than any of the above.

On current showing, a Hwang, Raul, Neto front 3 could be devastating, Liverpool-lite. Let’s hope he comes back and finds form like Raul.
Rubbing my hands in anticipation!!!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I’d rather Neto than any of the above.

On current showing, a Hwang, Raul, Neto front 3 could be devastating, Liverpool-lite. Let’s hope he comes back and finds form like Raul.

Whoever plays there would benefit from wing backs who do a better job in an attacking sense. Air Nouri should be starting matches for sure.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Amazed at the negativity on this thread, the mix can be a real ****hole :D

Up the Wolves
I don't think it is a question of being negative, but saying what we see.

Of course, 3 points mean that we are all relatively OK. But we musn't kid ourselves about how we played and that some individuals just are not performing at the moment. A massive concern for me today was the lack of substitutions when it was clear that Moutinho and Trincao were not in any way contributing. 60 mins was perfect timing, to leave it until 86 was extremely concerning, particularly in light of how Trincao played.

That type of performance against a top 4 team is 0-4/5.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Result: Good.
Team Performance: Adequate.
Sa: Always involved. Sometimes it backfires. And sometimes it saves our behind. Bottom Line? He's a keeper (see what I did there?)
Jimenez: Shut me up with a vengeance.
Hwang: Delicious.
Kilman: Precious.
Saiss: Strong.
Coady: Captainy (I write what I want even if it means coining new words).
Trincao: Potential evident. Worth nurturing.
Moutinho: Golden oldie. Sometimes Golden, sometimes just oldie.
Neves: Disappointing.
Marcal: Still providing value for money (5 Million transfer fee FFS).
Semedo: Did his job defensively. His forward play WILL get better, age, talent, physique is in his favour.

Referee: Nope. The words "put" and "down" keep coming up, but I'm in enough trouble with the mods.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all. Thank you for all your kind messages. Being administered pure oxygen , antibiotics through Canula and steroids going in too
Managed to watch MOTD on Iplayer on my phone two cracking finishes. 2 brilliant assists
But oh for a centre back
No faffing about there

R

reanswolf

I've mentioned this on another thread but the South Bank were surprisingly crap today. We needed yous to get behind the lads when they were struggling but you day. Let's have a bit more next game; us in the Steve Bull were out singing yous for most of the game, I know we can't hear one another behind the screen but I could see you were quiet from S10.

The babbies down the front were making right tits of emselves.
I thought the atmosphere was poor from us all today, it always seems that way against the Toon.
But the game itself was hardly that inspiring especially 2nd half, it was bloody unenjoyably tense.
As for the Steve Bull, I think it depends where you are situated, I could hear it sing "The Steve Bull" 2-3 times, plus a few other songs but its only 100 lads singing. And not that often. Better than the South Bank? Not sure, but as you say it wasn't good yesterday and no one else in the ground seems to offer much vocal support.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Hi all. Thank you for all your kind messages. Being administered pure oxygen , antibiotics through Canula and steroids going in too
Managed to watch MOTD on Iplayer on my phone two cracking finishes. 2 brilliant assists
But oh for a centre back
Good to hear Rosey, keep fighting the good fight x

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched it back on MOTD.

Never a foul on Sa

Terrible defending and an inability to clear our lines led to their only goal. A new CB for Christmas would be nice please Santa!
It wasn’t a foul on Pogba against United yet the ref actually blew up, and his wasn’t a head injury, Sa clearly got knocked inthe head. Just because he got up doesn’t mean he doesn’t have concussion, the referee is instructed to stop the game in situations like these. Unfortunately this one is clueless. I’ll keep banging on about it, he let them take an offside free kick 10 yards in our half. Inept

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My morning after verdict!

Well, it was a win! And let’s face it, we needed it. Newcastle at home is a game where we’d all be so disappointed to drop points regardless of performance. You could feel that on the pitch and in the stands, everyone just wanted those points so badly.

I don’t think we were terrible yesterday but we weren’t fantastic either. Just about alright really, which is enough to beat a poor team like Newcastle. I’m not sure where the fast pressing aggressive football has gone from the first few weeks of the season? Maybe Bruno has felt it’s not suitable to play like that in this league every week? Maybe he thinks the players aren’t fit enough (or good enough) to do it yet? Either way there’s been a noticeable difference ain’t there. But then we’ve gone from 0 points from 9 playing well to 9 points from 12 playing ok, so what do we know?!

Standout performers were Hwang (obvs), Raul, Kilman and Saiss.

Shoutout to Marcal who I think most of us would have dropped but actually defended well. Still don’t think he offers enough on the ball or in attack, but that’s for another thread!

Watching Sa this season is going to be fun, isn’t it! Unbelievable save second half, but then no idea what went on for their goal. Love how he tries to get the ball moving quickly though.

Special mention to both Newcastle and Graham Scott, neither of whom are premier league standard based on yesterday, but at least you turned up, bless.

I know people have had a proper go at Bruno over the subs but I do think we’re seeing a difference to Nuno. Last season certainly we’d have brought on Boly and Dendoncker on at the latest 60 minutes and just defended our own box for the last half hour. At least Bruno kept a bit of attacking threat going, I think for all the possession Newcastle had at the end it was more likely to be 3-1 than 2-2.

Always good to go into the break on a win and back to back wins in our case? Even better! Bring on the Vile!

Emoji Ratings:

:hearteyes:- Hwang, Raul

:grinning:- Kilman, Saiss

:blush:- Sa, Marcal, Moutinho

:expressionless:- Coady

:cry:- Semedo, Neves, Trincao

:frowning:-

:confounded:-

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just two points;

There is no point in using a high press to win the ball high up the pitch only to feed it back to your central defenders and allow the opposition to regroup defensively.

Hwang made several runs either between the lines or in behind their defence but the only person prepared to play him in was Raul. Why are the rest of the team so reluctant to play such passes ?

Happy with the three points but concerned by our (lack of) game management (i.e ball retention for the last 15 minutes).

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Result: Good.
Team Performance: Adequate.
Sa: Always involved. Sometimes it backfires. And sometimes it saves our behind. Bottom Line? He's a keeper (see what I did there?)
Jimenez: Shut me up with a vengeance.
Hwang: Delicious.
Kilman: Precious.
Saiss: Strong.
Coady: Captainy (I write what I want even if it means coining new words).
Trincao: Potential evident. Worth nurturing.
Moutinho: Golden oldie. Sometimes Golden, sometimes just oldie.
Neves: Disappointing.
Marcal: Still providing value for money (5 Million transfer fee FFS).
Semedo: Did his job defensively. His forward play WILL get better, age, talent, physique is in his favour.

Referee: Nope. The words "put" and "down" keep coming up, but I'm in enough trouble with the mods.
Nice review!

Only thing I'd say is that Marcal cost 2 mil

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d very much agree with the majority of comments on here - “wasn’t pretty but 3 points in the bag”.

I thought the lateness of substitutions really added to the panic of those last 10 mins. Trincao really should have been hauled off at half time in my opinion. Not sure if that miss from 8 yards impacted him more than we think. Similarly if you are going to bring Dendoncker on to sure us up defensively, then he should at least get his foot on the ball and show some composure - I counted at least 3 times he gave away possession in our third. Similarly Marcal‘s passing/distribution is suspect and I think he was another who should have been hauled off around 70 mins.

I thought Saiss and Kidman were very good - and when they were beaten Coady was there to clean up.
Up the Wolves

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the issue with trincao ? Is he to light weight or the system hasn’t clicked with him ??

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But oh for a centre back
Pleased you hear you're fighting back. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But oh for a centre back
Missing your faffs, Rosey.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But oh for a centre back
Missing your faffs, Rosey.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the issue with trincao ? Is he to light weight or the system hasn’t clicked with him ??
Not sure there is an issue with him really

New league, new country, new system are the obvious things, he's not been bad so I'm surprised there's such a question mark over him. He's a lovely footballer, he's not got your Adama or Hwang burst of speed but he can drift past players with ease, if he had scored yesterday his performance wouldn't have been questioned. Goal or not I still found it strange he wasn't replaced given who and what options we have not due to having a poor game.

He's a lovely footballer, adds some variety to our play.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But oh for a centre back
Get well very soon. Horrible disease but you'll start feeling a lot better now you're in the right hands!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Officials were again ****s. Two fouls in particular really annoyed me, Semedo when he had a clear run infront of him down the right, had no reason to magically fall over. And the one on Raul from behind, officials just waved play on on 2 blatant fouls.
We also need to be smarter. Neves trying a reverse ball on edge of area was pathetic, needs to smash into row Z knowing our GK is out of position....And stopping for non head injuries, that's the refs job, carry on you muppets.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Pleased with the 3 points, but felt strangely flat coming out of the ground. My god it was hard work - it was almost comical how we couldn't keep the ball at the end.

I have generally been impressed with trincao by he had an absolute stinker - zero composure for his chance, which probably gives us a comfortable win if it goes in. Why did he feel the need to hit it so hard?

Agree with others, it was like Bruno was trying to make a point with his (lack of) subs.

Bit harsh on moutinho at the end - he just decided to go safety first - I noticed he seemed to apologize profusely to everyone around him afterwards.

Raul really back on it now and hwang giving a perfect lesson in how to keep your head and pass the ball into the net.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea on what happened in North Bank first half?
Guy collapsed. People were screaming at the stewards to get the paramedics but it seemed a bit of a shambles and took an age for them to get to him. Saw a paramedic with what looked like a defibrillator so really hop the guy is ok.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 inches lower and people would be saying what an incredible finish from Trincao. Should have scored, course he should, but it’s crazy how much difference just 2 inches can make to a performance…
In a lot of cases those 2 inches are the difference.
We could easily be on 18 points with those 2 inches...

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 inches lower and people would be saying what an incredible finish from Trincao. Should have scored, course he should, but it’s crazy how much difference just 2 inches can make to a performance…

Same with the chance against United that he beat the keeper with but it was cleared off the line.

In a parallel universe Trincao is on two goals and people are raving about him. Shows the fine margins of football and how fickle fans can really be.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Geordie who managed to momentarily hypnotise Moutinho into believing he was a Newcastle defender (towards the end of the game) needs to concentrate on his own team. That's my take on that crazy bit of play, probably the craziest bit of play I've ever seen, considering the space in front of Joao and the options that were available. Madness.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Harold Steptoe would say to Albert, "you dirty old man".

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Geordie who managed to momentarily hypnotise Moutinho into believing he was a Newcastle defender (towards the end of the game) needs to concentrate on his own team. That's my take on that crazy bit of play, probably the craziest bit of play I've ever seen, considering the space in front of Joao and the options that were available. Madness.
Trincao in the game apart from his miss not sure he’s much of a winger rather try him in the hole but time will tell Podence or Adama would be our strongest along side Raul & HWANG unless you want change formation to a 3-5-2

The Moutinho moment was crazy. We was in a good attacking situation. Our midfield needs serious strengthening could see that from yesterday. So lightweight towards the end of the game could of blown it.. We held on but was nervy it didn’t need to be

Back
Top Bottom