Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Verdict

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HUGE WIN

hwang and Jimenez were superb, kilman too, and saiss in parts .

Apart from that it was a mess. No tempo. No urgency. First thought it always to go backwards

Tactics were horrendous . Trincao should have been subbed at 60 at the very latest. Just invited pressure .

Moment for the officials. Dreadful. To play an offside free kick 30 yards inside our half is madness and he should be sacked.

Don’t know how it wasn’t a foul on sa . What is this *******s people saying it is a 50/50? It’s A FOUL. it doesn’t matter if he went for the ball. He didn’t win it and caught our player.

Also why the **** are we kicking the ball out for opposition injuries. We’ve conceded 2 now from teams not doing it for us. PLAY ON

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had no opinion of Lage when he was hired. Totally neutral. I figured we’d need a season to judge him but I am starting to form an opinion of him now. Hmmmmm…..

Even before he scored against Southampton, Raul was back to his former self……hustling, holding up the ball and motivated.
Today, he carried on like in the last game and no surprise he was crucial in our goals.

Overall, at times we made many mistakes.
Agreed RE Lage. There is something to like, but plenty making me feel he is unlikely to have longevity at Wolves tbh.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I witnessed on of the worst plays in my miserable 50 years of life today. What the hell was moutinho doing when he ran up the middle with the ball all alone then suddenly went backwards and passed it back?
Being "tidy" mate

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn’t have a corner all game, which means I didn’t have to endure the weekly frustration of watching Moutinho **** up a short one.

That has made my weekend. The result is a bonus.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Admitted to Sandwell hospital before the game. Covid symptoms got worse. Staff unbelievably good. A victory will hopefully shorten my stay !
You wouldn't have enjoyed us faffing about today. Anyway good luck with the positivity transplant. ;)
Anyway stop faffing about and get well soon.:D

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was staggered when he did this.
I wasn’t . We did it all game . It’s ridiculous. Every player except Jimenez and hwang first thought is go backwards. No through balls , no urgency, just go backwards.

Get rid of the 3rd centre half and let’s add a attacking midfielder as an option instead.

These horrendous tactics cannot continue .

We only won today due to individual brilliance by the 2 up top, same as last week.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We didn’t have a corner all game, which means I didn’t have to endure the weekly frustration of watching Moutinho **** up a short one.

That has made my weekend. The result is a bonus.
He crossed a free kick directly out of play though to make up for it

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I for one, and it looks like I'm the only one, am glad Bruno didn't bring Traore on despite the clamouring of the South Bank. He's not the future and playing him only deflects from the real business of building a team that can win games with a plan other than giving Adama the ball and watching him cross it into Heath Town.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I witnessed on of the worst plays in my miserable 50 years of life today. What the hell was moutinho doing when he ran up the middle with the ball all alone then suddenly went backwards and passed it back?
Possible and suspect he has been directed by Bruno to play as safe as possible if we are leading at the end of a game. Our whole philosophy has changed in the last few games.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why. Why did you have to mention that. I’ve just remembered him turning round and going backwards too. Ruined my evening now, cheers mate

(I’m only joking by the way. I know humour sometimes doesn’t come across on a forum! )

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t . We did it all game . It’s ridiculous. Every player except Jimenez and hwang first thought is go backwards. No through balls , no urgency, just go backwards.

Get rid of the 3rd centre half and let’s add a attacking midfielder as an option instead.

We only won today due to individual brilliance by the 2 up top, same as last week.

Would love to see Kilman alongside another quality centre back and would try Podence as no10 at Vile behind Raul and Hwang. Donck needs to be playing with Neves. Moutinho slows everything down. Why is he starting every game? I am beginning to think he has a clause in his contract.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s true we won. We’ve played much, much better and lost. Evens itself out over a season apparently.
So long as we maintain our premier league status and make smart, quality reinforcements in the right areas, there is as much reason for optimism (maybe a touch more) as there is concern that we will always have to have a quick look over our shoulder.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Possible and suspect he has been directed by Bruno to play as safe as possible if we are leading at the end of a game. Our whole philosophy has changed in the last few games.
Bruno absolutely lost his nut at him. Is there anything Joao can do wrong for some on here?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Be difficult to know which one of the 6 or 7 that we have, to choose from.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Kilman alongside another quality centre back and would try Podence as no10 at Vile behind Raul and Hwang. Donck needs to be playing with Neves. Moutinho slows everything down. Why is he starting every game? I am beginning to think he has a clause in his contract.
I said exactly the same thing about moutinho.

David Hill

Reaction score
I have major issues with the manager now.

Selected the wrong starting 11, should have been Dendoncker for Moutinho and RAN for Marcal.

After 60 minutes we are playing with 9 men because Trincao and Moutinho are passengers. Trincao is replaced after 86 minutes. Absolutely inexcusable and should have cost us.

Moutinho is finished. His set pieces are now embarrassing.

What is the style of play? What is he trying to acheive?

We have to really start asking questions of Bruno Lage now.
Completely agree with this analysis - inclined to think Hoever instead of Semedo may improve things too.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a philosophy? I thought he was that right back, sick-note that we had for a while, but never played.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have watched that last clip 20 times. Not sure what's so compelling about screaming Koreans but it was great. Goodness knows what Korean 'adult' movies are like, I'd bost an eardrum.

Admitted to Sandwell hospital before the game. Covid symptoms got worse. Staff unbelievably good. A victory will hopefully shorten my stay !
Get well soon mate

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom line is played well in our opening 3 fixtures but zilch points to show for it.
Played poorly last 4 league games and returned 9 out of 12 points!
If we continue to win ugly then so be-it if it confirms and maintains our Premier League status.
Admittedly, at times might not be a great watch!
At the end of the day, Bruno has a job to do, and has certain resources to hand. His job is, I assume, to keep Wolves in the PL first, finish as high as possible, and entertain third. We needed to get ourselves into a more comfortable position after some unlucky results at the start. We've done that. We’ve limited options at the back and in midfield, and so he’s making the best of what we currently have. It’s up to Jeff and Scott to give him the options at the back and midfield to do something different.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another performance that was difficult to watch at times.
But its a good three points, and good to see Hwang scoring and Raul improving.
To be fair to Bruno, I applaud the fact that he has recognised we need the points and has set us up more defensively.
Yep its more like Nuno ball, but get us up the table and then become more expansive again.
Barring injuries i cant see Silva making an appearance this season.
Players are used to that so it is a more natural fit. Be good to see us get back to the more attacking style of our first 3 games but with goals to add to the performances.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player except Jimenez and hwang first thought is go backwards. No through balls , no urgency, just go backwards.
Which is a surprise given how Bruno was urging the players to go forward the first 3 games. I guess, as other Mixers have pointed out, he's settled on a bit of Nuno ball to ensure we get points.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beaten our bogey team that we have struggled against the last 2 years. Take this win as an improvement on last year.
Represents progress, even if not pretty! Next ones to do that to us Leicester! Then I’ll be sure that there’s real progress

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
I moan when we lose and seemingly moan when we win.

Thought it was awful and these players - or Bruno - really need to up the tempo. We’re playing one game a week. The level of intensity is so poor and frustrating to watch.

What’s happened to those brilliant games at the start of the season where we battered teams with fast forward play and starved their time on the ball in dangerous areas?

Sa: 6. Thought he was fouled. Well, because he was. Got to the ball first and Joelinton was late. Ref carried the game on when a keeper is on the deck literally never happens. **** ref though.

Semedo: 5
Kilman: 8
Coady: 7
Saiss: 7
Marcal: 6

Neves: 6
Moutinho: 6

Trincao - 5
Raul - 9
Hwang - 8

Please start bringing the intensity, Wolves.

Oh, and stop putting the ball out when the opposition player is injured. Ridiculous, naive and way too nice. **** them.
Agree with this. What had happened to the press? Why was RAN, Dendoncker and Pod not starting? Why were there no subs when from about the hour mark when it was clearly necessary? And why are our fitness levels so apparently low?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually Halesowen, I think we still have a job on our hands. We have to find a way to beat car and get officials to work for us instead of always giving decisions and 50/50s against us.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posting blind ...

Firstly, what a joy it was to enjoy a Saturday 3 pm kick off. We’ve changed pub recently and found one within walking distance of the ground that is friendly, not crowded and serves good ale.

As for the game, we started very slowly, but then controlled much of the first half. The game should have been dead and buried if Trincao had buried that golden opportunity ... and he absolutely should have done,

Second half became more scrappy... but for all of Newcastle’s huff and puff, they rarely troubled us.

Raul played well as did Hwang ... two great finishes. Think we might have a player on our hands.

I think Trincao will be a very good player. But, he missed a sitter today and had a few wobbly moments.

Moutinho kept plugging away and had a better game than Ruben.

Saiss did well as did all of the defence. I don’t know what it is about Semedo buthe just looks half hearted to me. Really wish he had a bit more oomph about him.

Sa was rarely troubled but came up trumps when needed.

Overall, delighted and relieved to take the 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom