Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No complaints they’ve worked much harder than us. Both goals avoidable though especially the 2nd needs a big shout from Max that it’s his ball. I would be inclined to replace Bellegarde with Fraser. Not his fault but he offers very little in this role we’re asking him to play. Semedo and RAN have got to give us more too.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT: poor. Admittedly, we've had chances but, in most areas we've been off the pace. Not quite out of it but it's difficult to see where the goals are going to come from. One problem is that Newcastle know that our outfall is basically "give it to Pedro" and so he's surrounded every time he gets possession. Still! We live in hope!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri gave a masterclass in his favourite trick. Swaggering around as if he's about to do something useful, but stopping the ball with his foot on top, then majestically spinning around and playing a backwards pass. Beginning to irritate me as he does it so often and it takes the steam out of our counter attacks more than anything the opponents are doing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players look shattered as well. I'd have Lemina, Traore and Bueno S on at half time. Bueno is very unlucky not to be starting.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Past few games almost as bad as watching Utd.
If we start second half switched on and nick one, anything can happen.
If they score next Fraser should come on immediately to give him some minutes

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make the 5 changes and try something different

Reality is damaged limitation now

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle has been busy but every pass is behind his target, forcing us to be even more slow and ponderous than we have been anyway.

Still hope but the limited options from the bench and the evident fatigue of those out there don't fill me with hope

Would rather have had Traore than Doyle on from the start.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say that one half of football pretty much demonstrates the failures of the last 6 or 7 (I've lost count..) transfer windows.

Failure to address the CF issue is something I now just find plain funny.

We played ok, especially up until they scored and then our heads dropped. But with a competent front line we get in behind and not only that, more chance of the ball sticking because ultimately whether it is bad luck/our own doing both goals came from counters.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still like our captain and mainstay of the defence to step towards the ball and take control. Too passive and waiting for it before taking action led to Sa thinking he needed to do something.
Obviously the two aren’t comparable but had Dawson been there he would have booted it away and got a pat on the back from Sa.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s catching up with us. As we all knew it would
I would genuinely rather get the likes of Fraser, Lemina, Traore on now and not risk further injuries to key players. Some of these lads are running on empty now after a brutal run of games.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still like our captain and mainstay of the defence to step towards the ball and take control. Too passive and waiting for it before taking action led to Sa thinking he needed to do something.
He's never that sort of player, though. He's our Captain in name but not really. Dawson and Lemina are here for that role.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't win every week but I can see us get back into this game. We've gotten points from being down at HT plenty of times

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s catching up with us. As we all knew it would
Yep, that’s the problem. We don’t have that extra gear to attack at pace with numbers but anything slow and ponderous means we won’t create anything.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No complaints they’ve worked much harder than us. Both goals avoidable though especially the 2nd needs a big shout from Max that it’s his ball. I would be inclined to replace Bellegarde with Fraser. Not his fault but he offers very little in this role we’re asking him to play. Semedo and RAN have got to give us more too.

I forgot he was even playing. So yes, not offering anything. Couldn't he play deeper, though? Our midfield is being overrun , not for the first time. So drop him back to fill in. Probably too late now we need goals though.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may have to make a strategic decision next week and rest some of these players. It may mean we lose to Fulham but we will have fresh players for the 1/4 final. We are safe in the league so go for the cup. I can see 1 or 2 more pulling up way we are flogging a wafer thin squad.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WHat did Sa do wrong? He's at full stretch to cut out the cross, which he does. Would have stopped the goal if Kilman hadn't also been in the way and another lucky deflection falls to Newcastle player.

What else could Sa do? Be 6 inches taller?
Not sure what to say if you don’t think that’s bad goalkeeping

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would genuinely rather get the likes of Fraser, Lemina, Traore on now and not risk further injuries to key players. Some of these lads are running on empty now after a brutal run of games.

Agreed, it will be a disaster if we've got half a team out vs Coventry.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure why we didn't just replace Gomes with Traore and keep some muscle in that central midfield. There's really been absolutely no indication in these past weeks that Bellegarde is going to be any threat at all as an attacking player, so it's becoming a bit tedious to see us persist with this idea, even if options are scarce to none.

Defending looks panicked and we're inviting Newcastle to play their natural pressing game.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd say that one half of football pretty much demonstrates the failures of the last 6 or 7 (I've lost count..) transfer windows.

Failure to address the CF issue is something I now just find plain funny.

We played ok, especially up until they scored and then our heads dropped. But with a competent front line we get in behind and not only that, more chance of the ball sticking because ultimately whether it is bad luck/our own doing both goals came from counters.
What did the previous bunch of wins demonstrate out of interest?

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri gave a masterclass in his favourite trick. Swaggering around as if he's about to do something useful, but stopping the ball with his foot on top, then majestically spinning around and playing a backwards pass. Beginning to irritate me as he does it so often and it takes the steam out of our counter attacks more than anything the opponents are doing.
Spot on.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may have to make a strategic decision next week and rest some of these players. It may mean we lose to Fulham but we will have fresh players for the 1/4 final. We are safe in the league so go for the cup. I can see 1 or 2 more pulling up way we are flogging a wafer thin squad.
Few days off ahead of Fulham should be fine, surely.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what to say if you don’t think that’s bad goalkeeping

Looked like he was at full stretch to get his fingertips to it, which he does. If Kilman isn't there, no goal. If Sa doesn't go for it, he gets blamed as the cross was going to the Newcastle player who would probably have scored anyway.

And that's all beside the point, because our defence shouldn't have been that badly exposed - for the second time!!! - by our own ponderous attack and absent midfield , all up the other end playing neat but useless sideways passes.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure why we didn't just replace Gomes with Traore and keep some muscle in that central midfield. There's really been absolutely no indication in these past weeks that Bellegarde is going to be any threat at all as an attacking player, so it's becoming a bit tedious to see us persist with this idea, even if options are scarce to none.

Defending looks panicked and we're inviting Newcastle to play their natural pressing game.
I think you risk losing Doyle if you start Traore over Doyle.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to make something happen in the final third..turn our possession into shots on goal

I'm thinking we might see Noha for bellegarde at some stage

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few days off ahead of Fulham should be fine, surely.
Not so sure the tanks are empty on quite a few from what I can see and it’s a matter of time before someone pulls something else.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Frustrating but this was the gamble we took in January. Any injuries to our front players was going to leave us light.

I’d make a few changes at half-time and just go for it.

Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Dawson, H Bueno
Lemina, Traore
Sarabia
Neto, Fraser, RAN

Back
Top Bottom