Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1678606857368.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again boys and girls. Dunno about you all but I’m still on a high from last week. Great result against Tottenham and everything feels a bit more positive. Slowly and steadily we’re sorting ourselves out.

Today is a funny game actually, I think there’s every chance that we get a result from it, but their home form all season has been solid and they’re difficult to beat, so equally it feels like the kind of game that just gets nicked away from us, like Man Utd at home.

Where I am confident is in the fact that Julen will have a plan. He’s proved already in his time here that he can win a game for us with his tactics/subs, and as I say with Newcastles good home form we may need the manager to be at his best today too.
In terms of the line-up, obviously Costa has to miss out, but we have either Raul or Cunha to come in. We could play both and take out a midfielder or a wide player. LB could be interesting, Jonny didn’t do badly last week but I’d still feel happier with Rayan there.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Rayan
Neves Lemina Nunes
Sarabia Cunha
Raul​

I think Nunes is lucky to keep his place after a couple of poor games. He’s one we could really do with stepping up over the next 12 games, he could make a real difference.

Whether you’re following from Newcastle, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we ll go 5 at the back ...traore deserves a start.
They are on a slump...come on wolves, a point will do

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
My one time in the season where Wolves are on my doorstep and I don't have a long journey. Meeting my son in the toon for lunch. Hope everyone has a safe journey up.

Last season's game was one of the worst, if not the worst, football game I have ever seen live. Both teams were awful, but we were particularly bad. No energy, no ambition, no intent. However, we normally do okay up here.

All the Newcastle fans I know are pretty confident that this game and their next game against Forest are the two easy games they've been waiting for to propel back into Champions League contention. I think it's difficult to judge, Newcastle don't concede or score many and we all know our problems with scoring goals. Which Wolves will turn up? Hopefully it'll be the Wolves team of the first half of Villa, Liverpool and Fulham and the second half against Spurs. Think this is hard to call. Please get Adama all over Burn though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had this match come a month ago; I'd have given us no chance, but Newcastle's form over the last 5 matches has been iffy (3 draws, 2 defeats), so we have a chance. Of course it will be a tough match and we will need all 16 players plus manager and coaches to be at their bests, but we could nick it. I'd take a draw as that keeps a reasonably healthy (5 point) gap between us and the bottom 3. However, should Wet sham win and us get nothing, then the gap is down to 3. Squeaky-bum time again.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a ticket and we were going to spend a few days with the in laws. But we still have a fair bit of snow here, so wife and sister in law went up on Friday by aircraft and I’m staying put with the kids.

Watch on TV without getting shouted at though.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Busy day ahead, with cricket training in two different places, but means 4:30 will soon be here COYW
Just the word 'cricket' gives thoughts of Spring and Summer. But 3points today would make even wintry conditions quite acceptable.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's got a draw written all over it (probably 4-3 either way now) and that would be handy but I'm not ruling out a win. Gunna be tight anyway.

jeb01

Reaction score
Caught the train up yesterday, staying at the Crowne Plaza, Wolves staying here, walked in last night after a meal out and JL standing just 10 yards away, cheeky photo, good luck hopefully, would take a point.
Had something similar a few seasons ago, when we played Reading at the Madjeski.
I (just about) follow Bath Rugby, and there was a double header that weekend, with Reading playing Wolves on the Saturday, and London Irish playing Bath on the Sunday, so my wife and I stayed overnight at a hotel near the stadium.
As we checked in on Saturday, the Wolves team were were just leaving for the ground.
I wasn’t going to say anything to any of them, but then saw Nuno sitting on his own, and had a brief chat with him to thank him for all he was doing.
He was charming, and ended our brief talk with a big smile and a “thank you sir”.
Certainly made my weekend! We also won, with goals by Cavaleiro and Doherty.

T

TheConcourse

Had something similar a few seasons ago, when we played Reading at the Madjeski.
I (just about) follow Bath Rugby, and there was a double header that weekend, with Reading playing Wolves on the Saturday, and London Irish playing Bath on the Sunday, so my wife and I stayed overnight at a hotel near the stadium.
As we checked in on Saturday, the Wolves team were were just leaving for the ground.
I wasn’t going to say anything to any of them, but then saw Nuno sitting on his own, and had a brief chat with him to thank him for all he was doing.
He was charming, and ended our brief talk with a big smile and a “thank you sir”.
It was absolutely bloody freezing that day too!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle have looked a bit lethargic in recent weeks, so it could be a good time to play them. Having said that, they will be desperate to get back to winning ways. A creditable draw won’t be a bad result, and we might be first game shown on MOTD2. :)

Puregold

Reaction score
Had a brief chat with Lopetegui, thanked him for the upturn in results, he said thank you but still some work to do, also said if we achieve our goal this season, staying up, will look for much better things next season. Impression was a genuine honest man who is very ambitious. Do for me.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle have looked a bit lethargic in recent weeks, so it could be a good time to play them. Having said that, they will be desperate to get back to winning ways. A creditable draw won’t be a bad result, and we might be first game shown on MOTD2. :)
Even if its not first game, we would only have to wait a few minutes with the new format lol

Puregold

Reaction score
Any one know of any Wolves friendly bars in Newcastle city center?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caught the train up yesterday, staying at the Crowne Plaza, Wolves staying here, walked in last night after a meal out and JL standing just 10 yards away, cheeky photo, good luck hopefully, would take a point.
Slightly OT but I've often wondered when teams travel up the night before what do they do all day in a hotel esp if it's a late game, like today or even a night match?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly OT but I've often wondered when teams travel up the night before what do they do all day in a hotel esp if it's a late game, like today or even a night match?
Have a laugh, sharing the latest comments from molineux mix, social media is banned at halftime though, as they'd be unlikely to come out for the second half.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had this match come a month ago; I'd have given us no chance, but Newcastle's form over the last 5 matches has been iffy (3 draws, 2 defeats), so we have a chance. Of course it will be a tough match and we will need all 16 players plus manager and coaches to be at their bests, but we could nick it. I'd take a draw as that keeps a reasonably healthy (5 point) gap between us and the bottom 3. However, should Wet sham win and us get nothing, then the gap is down to 3. Squeaky-bum time again.
There’s no Squeaky-bum time according to Celebrity wolf,wim already safe,

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about that myself.

Do they train somewhere before a 4.30 kick off or just sit around talking tactics till kick off?

When I played, we would meet in the pub and have a few beers before an afternoon kick off. Back in the pub after a match as well!

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing FIFA and putting bets on games… Oh and reading the Mix

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle have only scored 3 league goals in 2023 so far, over a period of 8 games, with just 1 win. In our last 8 over the same time period we've won 4 and scored 8 - we're actually in significantly better shape than they are. Eddie Howe was a streaky manager at Bournemouth, they'd go on great runs but then at other times they'd just slide and couldn't buy a goal let alone a win, I'm hoping he's experiencing a similar slump now. This game is there for the taking if we're positive and aggressive.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Newcastle have only scored 3 league goals in 2023 so far, over a period of 8 games, with just 1 win. In our last 8 over the same time period we've won 4 and scored 8 - we're actually in significantly better shape than they are. Eddie Howe was a streaky manager at Bournemouth, they'd go on great runs but then at other times they'd just slide and couldn't buy a goal let alone a win, I'm hoping he's experiencing a similar slump now. This game is there for the taking if we're positive and aggressive.
You've just put the kibosh on it now;)

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Bloody jinx you are

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching it round my Geordie neighbours house after travelling back from Asia for the last 20 hours.

Recipe for disaster so we better win

Horrible memories of last years performance. Ruined a good Friday night out

Back
Top Bottom