Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New third kit - Inspired by Mexico’s green kit

D

Deleted member 4456

I wish they'd used a green version of the badge with it. It looks great though.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a pointless load of crap. Why??

I hate our away kits that arn’t all white (at a push I didn’t mind the all black).

We’ve got such an iconic kit and club colour why dilute this with green? Hate the red training kit as well.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score

Do you not see how big of a following the club is gathering in Mexico? Our games are being shown here in Spanish, and that’s thanks to Jimenez alone. This is for us Mexican fans. If you don’t like it, don’t bother buying, but it certainly means a lot to us that Wolves are taking us into account.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not see how big of a following the club is gathering in Mexico? Our games are being shown here in Spanish, and that’s thanks to Jimenez alone. This is for us Mexican fans. If you don’t like it, don’t bother buying, but it certainly means a lot to us that Wolves are taking us into account.

With a green kit? You’re easily pleased.

I understand the need to expand our brand globally but the colour green has absolutely nothing to do with Wolves.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't just like it, I LOVE IT!

Although, I note it says via the Wolves Espanol Twitter account, that "The team will use it in the first game of the year in Molineux and can be purchased at the club's official store."

The text on the image - having done the translation via Google suggests it will be available to buy from Wednesday.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea. It sounds like they plan to wear it in the first home game in the next year which find strange. I'd prefer it just play in gold at home, and use the new third kit away. It shows the club are consistently looking at new ideas and ways of growing the club. Some ideas will be a hit, others a miss. I think this could end up being a positive one.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hate our away kits that arn’t all white (at a push I didn’t mind the all black).

We’ve got such an iconic kit and club colour why dilute this with green? Hate the red training kit as well.
I’m Irish and even I think this shade of green looks lousy. Needs to be a several shades lighter.
As for Mexican fans, please don’t tell me that Wolves design a third strip because a Mexican plays for us but may not after the summer.....of course not.

Last edited:

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mexican national team plays in green. Do you not see the connection?

The team could play in pink for all I care. It’s a third kit. It’s not meant to be our main one.

I understand the colour connection with Mexico. Still don’t like the kit.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The image must have been a Photoshop job. Maybe it will look different in the flesh.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

In two minds on this. I understand the need to develop the brand, but in my opinion there is ZERO reason to be using a colour other than gold in a home game. Why not use it in an away game instead? Tomorrow would have been an ideal time, since we have a clash with Spurs.

D

Deleted member 4594

In two minds on this. I understand the need to develop the brand, but in my opinion there is ZERO reason to be using a colour other than gold in a home game. Why not use it in an away game instead? Tomorrow would have been an ideal time, since we have a clash with Spurs.
They won’t wear it at Molineux. Duff info.

D

They won’t wear it at Molineux. Duff info.

It's info from an official Wolves twitter feed. It's not duff info, that's exactly what they're planning to do. I can see them changing their mind over it though. To wear anything other than gold at Molineux is blasphemy to me.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see us using this in a home game. Maybe it's a training top, or more likely, a Mexican April Fools joke. Especially as it's only been mentioned on the Spanish Twitter account.

D

Deleted member 4594

It's info from an official Wolves twitter feed. It's not duff info, that's exactly what they're planning to do. I can see them changing their mind over it though. To wear anything other than gold at Molineux is blasphemy to me.
Won’t happen. Assume something’s been lost in translation.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
as an away kit (3rd) it looks great, i love it.
yes it’s got nothing to do with us,like our light blue away strip, but i like it and if it gets us a bit more interest from Mexico sweet.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct me if i’m wrong (which happens quite a lot nowadays) why would we wear this at a home league game?

JEVS WWFC 1877

Reaction score
I don't just like it, I LOVE IT!

Although, I note it says via the Wolves Espanol Twitter account, that "The team will use it in the first game of the year in Molineux and can be purchased at the club's official store."

The text on the image - having done the translation via Google suggests it will be available to buy from Wednesday.

Wednesday being our first home game in the new year vs Crystal Palace so sounds about right.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope its a different shade to the grass, might have a man u v Southampton problem otherwise.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If genuine, why introduce it halfway through the season? And I get the Mexico link, but if we don't end up signing Jiminez in the summer....

Edit: It's photoshopped. Look at the back of Raul's neckline, you can still see the old gold colour.

D

Won’t happen. Assume something’s been lost in translation.

It's ok, the puzzle has been solved above, it's the Spanish equivalent of April Fools Day today.

Correct me if i’m wrong (which happens quite a lot nowadays) why would we wear this at a home league game?

It said so in the tweet put out on the Wolves Espanol twitter feed. See above for why it's not happening though!

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If genuine, why introduce it halfway through the season? And I get the Mexico link, but if we don't end up signing Jiminez in the summer....
good points

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because we'll be wearing it, doesn't mean we'll be playing the match in it.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ok, the puzzle has been solved above, it's the Spanish equivalent of April Fools Day today.
High jinx indeed, (shakes fist and chuckles at perpetrators)

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As already stated today is The Day of the Holy Innocents... “In Spain, December 28th is a day of practical jokes, similar to what we celebrate on April Fool’s Day.”

D

Deleted member 4594

Who can tell me the last time Wolves played in there away kit at Molineux?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks awful to be honest. Even bigger joke if we aren't in gold and black for a home game.

Back
Top Bottom