Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Screens

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was up at Molineux today to get another shirt (which they seem to be close to selling out in XL already) and you can clearly see that the old 90s TV towers are being refurbed. They are just totally empty shells now with what seems new beams inside.
Looks like the new screens will be fixed in the corners again and not on the roof

D

Deleted member 4456

I was up at Molineux today to get another shirt (which they seem to be close to selling out in XL already) and you can clearly see that the old 90s TV towers are being refurbed. They are just totally empty shells now with what seems new beams inside.
Looks like the new screens will be fixed in the corners again and not on the roof
That puts another Moxey myth to bed. Apparently it would be "too expensive" to replace the existing screens in that way or even demolish them.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That puts another Moxey myth to bed. Apparently it would be "too expensive" to replace the existing screens in that way or even demolish them.

£10 off his pie budget was too expensive for moxey to replace the batteries in the remote for the tv in his office, he spent £1.24 on a long enough stick to poke the buttons instead.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Yes I've forgotten now, was there some story about the power wiring running to the SB screen being used for undersoil heating or something of that nature? Imagine the power for new screens would be a lot less than the TVs anyway. Where there's a will there's a way.

T

turner845

To be fair to Moxey that might have been the case under the ownership of Morgan. As the owner and chairman of the club Morgan would set the budget had a lot more influence at the club than Jez. It's not as if he was in a position to say that "we can't update the video screens as Morgan won't provide the funding".

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
All part of the matchday experience. As much as I hate the whole "customers, not supporters" aspect to modern football, the better we can make our matchday experience, the more casual fans we'll attract, I reckon. We've already got a very solid ST base for the coming season, so if the club can get those empty seats full, even better. Having screens etc will help.

D

D wolf89

Remind me again. Why do we need screens?
Would certainly help clear up refereeing Decisions for the fans anyway,atleast 8 games last year I thought we were robbed blind by poor refereeing at home, to see the goals again which can be missed slightly if your at the other end, mainly to increase the entertainment factor that has become stale at molineux of late

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would certainly help clear up refereeing Decisions for the fans anyway,atleast 8 games last year I thought we were robbed blind by poor refereeing at home, to see the goals again which can be missed slightly if your at the other end, mainly to increase the entertainment factor that has become stale at molineux of late

Contentious decisions cannot be shown on screens. This includes disputed goals for handball etc

D

Deleted member 4023

A bit of pre match entertainment for the masses before the game (we - the minority tend to arrive later from our watering holes)

Joking apart - i reckon the screens will be great for the kids & for providing info for fans about future games

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
We want screens.

Keeps us modern and up with the times.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely they're not going to be the same size as the old ones? Most modern ones are massive compared.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Surely they're not going to be the same size as the old ones? Most modern ones are massive compared.

Have to be.

Can't see Fosun embarrassing themselves with a '75"' effort.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Anyone know what the picture quality will be like.. in HD?

D

Deleted member 4456

To be fair to Moxey that might have been the case under the ownership of Morgan. As the owner and chairman of the club Morgan would set the budget had a lot more influence at the club than Jez. It's not as if he was in a position to say that "we can't update the video screens as Morgan won't provide the funding".
We're not talking about a great deal of expense here. If Walsall could afford to fit them, so could we.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Hd??

4K would be saying something but 8K would/could have us dreaming/creaming and remove much doubt.
Technology has moved on, so hopefully, the quality of the screen picture will be the best money can buy.

4K would be great, if what I have seen on YouTube is anything to go by, and a million miles better than lots of tellies mounted in the old screens.

When Sir Jacks Molineux was unveiled in 1993, it had a real wow factor but I remember being disappointed by the screens.

Basically, I has trouble watching what was on them.

T

turner845

We're not talking about a great deal of expense here. If Walsall could afford to fit them, so could we.
Or so could Man Utd and Liverpool.......

And let's face it the big screen at the Bescot market is barely watchable due to the poor quality. I would rather not have any then have one of that standard. There are far bugger issues at her club than having a big screen, of which can only show replays of certain incidents anyway.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or so could Man Utd and Liverpool.......

And let's face it the big screen at the Bescot market is barely watchable due to the poor quality. I would rather not have any then have one of that standard. There are far bugger issues at her club than having a big screen, of which can only show replays of certain incidents anyway.

I am most worried to hear there are bugger issues at Wolves !

D

Deleted member 4257

Will be good to see goal replays etc on the screens and abit of a match build up. Maybe some highlights from previous games at half time as I usually just get a beer and could do with saving the £4 per game.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More interested in the new fanzone in the Northbank to be honest.

D

Deleted member 4257

More interested in the new fanzone in the Northbank to be honest.
I don't get what this will be. Is it marquees and bars outside Northbank or within concourse, do we know?
IIRC it's carling sponsored so will just be carling but could be worth it if decent atmosphere

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Haven't really seen any details as yet, but hope it will be good

D

Deleted member 4023

I don't get what this will be. Is it marquees and bars outside Northbank or within concourse, do we know?
IIRC it's carling sponsored so will just be carling but could be worth it if decent atmosphere

Hope it wakes a few of em up in the northbank - me & a few others are fighting a losing battle in there sometimes :D

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4K would be great, if what I have seen on YouTube is anything to go by, and a million miles better than lots of tellies mounted in the old screens.

Lol "4k". This is an (alleged) refurbishment of a commercial display, not shopping for an OLED at Currys.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better be widescreen. The old ones were potatoes

D

Deleted member TW5162

If we have spent almost a million on a new state of the art pitch, I doubt we will be skimping on the screen quality.

Back
Top Bottom