Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New router

W

WasStefan

Morning all

Finally had enough of Sky's standard router. It's complete dog****. So i'm after a third party router. Needs to be <£100 preferably £70ish.

Anyone got any recommendations? Needs to be dual band. VPN supported preferable. Will be running 10+ devices at one team and we are heavy streamers so will need to be able to put up with a decent load. 3+ ethernet ports also needed.

Cheers

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morning all

Finally had enough of Sky's standard router. It's complete dog****. So i'm after a third party router. Needs to be <£100 preferably £70ish.

Anyone got any recommendations? Needs to be dual band. VPN supported preferable. Will be running 10+ devices at one team and we are heavy streamers so will need to be able to put up with a decent load. 3+ ethernet ports also needed.

Cheers

I'm currently using the Asus AC2900. Runs flawlessly for me, think all up I've got about 18 device that use it and we have no issue streaming Netflix, YouTube etc to multiple devices as well as gaming. Not sure what price it is over there, but it's well worth the money.

Edit, its actually the Asus RT AC86u AC2900. Just had a look though and its probably double what you are looking to pay.

Last edited:
W

WasStefan

I'm currently using the Asus AC2900. Runs flawlessly for me, think all up I've got about 18 device that use it and we have no issue streaming Netflix, YouTube etc to triple devices as well as gaming. Not sure what price it is over there, but it's well worth the money.

Edit, its actually the Asus RT AC86u AC2900. Just had a look though and its probably double what you are looking to pay.
Nice i'll take a look. It's on the pricey side but may drop on sale some time

W

WasStefan

Cheers mate

Still on the pricey side. Currently looking at this one:

TP-Link AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Gaming Router, 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor, USB 3.0, 2.0 Ports, Beamforming Technology, UK Plug (Archer C9) Version:5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PDLRHFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EU49Cb51NZHWN

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
W

WasStefan

Think of doing a complete u-turn and investing in a router for the next 10yrs... so looking at Mesh systems. I'm very tempted by the Netgear Orbi as it has very good reviews but you pay for it. Then again TP Links Deco M5 mesh system looks good too in terms of value/ reviews.

Anyone got any experience using Mesh systems for gaming etc? I know download/ upload speeds will be very good but how about ping/ latency? still the same old issue of wired connections being better?

Back
Top Bottom