Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New owners down the road

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope they end up like the Blues owners rather than the men at Chelsea or Man City . Taking over by the end of the month - be nice to see what new owners can do for a club ( lets hope it has a negative impact down at the Crem )

Last edited by a moderator:

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Peace would be so stupid, Sullivan and the Golds had just had enough of Birmingham and wanted out of the city asap.
Going by the sponsor it looks Chinese, they've relaxed a lot of overseas investment rules recently and money is pouring out in frightening numbers.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peace is one of the most astute business men in football. He knows exactly what he is doing. Pity he doesnt own us

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a recurring nightmare that Morgan sells Wolves to mega rich owners who announce they are going to spend big. Then at the Press conference to unveil the new regime they announce that Jez has kindly offered to stay on !

R

reanswolf

So they are offciially called "West Bromwich Albion Holdings Limited". According to teh statement by Peace on E & S.

Are we known as "Wolverhampton Wanderers Holdings"?

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers (1990) Ltd.

E

Essex Wolf

Peace is one of the most astute business men in football. He knows exactly what he is doing. Pity he doesnt own us

Being honest Rose I don't care who owns Wolves as long as they fit three important criteria:

1) They have a genuine interest in Wolves.
2) They employ people around them who also fit 1 above.
3) They know what they are doing.

With Morgan at the helm I'm still not convinced he is even close to fulfilling option 1. Option 2 has been left unchanged far too long IMV and needs a change ASAP and as for option 3 I believe Morgan had said in the past he doesn't know about football and has left it to others.

Is it any wonder the club has yo yo'd?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To answer number 3 Essex... all you have to do is ask why we rebuilt the North Bank !

E

Essex Wolf

To answer number 3 Essex... all you have to do is ask why we rebuilt the North Bank !

Mate I to this very day cannot understand that decision. I said at the time it was very first mentioned it was a pointless waste, that the stadium as it stood was perfectly adequate for Wolves at that time and that it was the squad that needed investment. Establish the club in the PL and then rebuild.

There were many arguments about the extra revenue the new stand would generate but when I argued that being in the PL would bring in far more money than what a few extra large function rooms ever would I was pilloried. As it is the new stand looks an eyesore in the uncompleted state Molineux now stands and I have to wonder if with Morgan at the helm things will ever get finished? I can understand why things have been placed on the back burner for now but the damn thing should never have been built to start with. Very poor decision making and once I wonder will ever be put right.

That stand just sends out a message as far as I'm concerned that Morgan wanted it and got what "HE" wanted.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate I to this very day cannot understand that decision. I said at the time it was very first mentioned it was a pointless waste, that the stadium as it stood was perfectly adequate for Wolves at that time and that it was the squad that needed investment. Establish the club in the PL and then rebuild.

There were many arguments about the extra revenue the new stand would generate but when I argued that being in the PL would bring in far more money than what a few extra large function rooms ever would I was pilloried. As it is the new stand looks an eyesore in the uncompleted state Molineux now stands and I have to wonder if with Morgan at the helm things will ever get finished? I can understand why things have been placed on the back burner for now but the damn thing should never have been built to start with. Very poor decision making and once I wonder will ever be put right.

That stand just sends out a message as far as I'm concerned that Morgan wanted it and got what "HE" wanted.

A rare post from me. I agree with every word Essex. But as you know every cloud has a silver lining.

For me Molineux with the new North Bank has become quirky like it used to be before. I for one am sick to death of going to soulless stadia up and down the country not seeing much of a difference anywhere.

Talking to away fans all bar none have said how enjoyable it is to come to Molineux these days with the the new North Bank in place, so maybe it's turned out not so bad after all.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rare post from me. I agree with every word Essex. But as you know every cloud has a silver lining.

For me Molineux with the new North Bank has become quirky like it used to be before. I for one am sick to death of going to soulless stadia up and down the country not seeing much of a difference anywhere.

Talking to away fans all bar none have said how enjoyable it is to come to Molineux these days with the the new North Bank in place, so maybe it's turned out not so bad after all.

I miss your posting Burton, interesting comments there on away supporters views.UTW

E

Essex Wolf

Understand your comments here BW and in my mind I visualise the Molineux looking a truly lovely stadium when complete but as it stands it's lop sided. It looks like one of those over enthusiastic amateur DIY fanatics has been let lose on it but then got bored and moved onto something else.

Reckon most of us know someone who starts but never finishes a task and that's how I feel about the Molineux right now. As it stood before it had a symmetry about it.

However your positive comments regards visiting supporters do make it sound more promising than it looks.

O

One Too Many

So they are offciially called "West Bromwich Albion Holdings Limited". According to teh statement by Peace on E & S.

Are we known as "Wolverhampton Wanderers Holdings"?

I don't think that's quite right Reans

Although I'm not 100% sure on this, I think that West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd is a seperate company that Jeremy Peace owns.

West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd owns approx 90% of West Bromwich Albion FC - and it is this company, WBAHL that is being sold.

R

reanswolf

I don't think that's quite right Reans

Although I'm not 100% sure on this, I think that West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd is a seperate company that Jeremy Peace owns.

West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd owns approx 90% of West Bromwich Albion FC - and it is this company, WBAHL that is being sold.

Ah that explains it even though I don't understand the relationship fully.

Bet youre excited ay ya OTM?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange announcement -why today without revealing who the new owner(s) is/are.

Update Pat Murphy says they are Chinese-Peace effectively giving them six weeks to do the deal ,sounds like he wants to give them the hurry up.

D

Deleted member 4456

Strange announcement -why today without revealing who the new owner(s) is/are.

Update Pat Murphy says they are Chinese-Peace effectively giving them six weeks to do the deal ,sounds like he wants to give them the hurry up.

Hopefully they run that place in the same way Carson Yeung has at Birmingham City.

R

reanswolf

I wonder why Villa are finding it so hard to find buyers? Surely more attractive than any other club in the midlands.

Mind you, I suppose fan base and history don't mean jack any more.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh, might be good, might be bad. What I've seen of Peace though, he's no Sir Jack. This sale will be the best deal for him. If it's good for Albion that's a bonus.

O

One Too Many

Ah that explains it even though I don't understand the relationship fully.

Bet youre excited ay ya OTM?

Nor me Reans but you can bet your life it has something to do with 'creative accounting'!

I'm more apprehensive than excited tbh. Im a big fan of Peace and although he doesn't have money to put into the club himself, as we all know he is very good at making whatever money we do have go as far as possible. As long as JP was in charge we also knew that West Bromwich Albion would continue to exist as it has done since 1878.
When paul Thompson was became chairman around 15 years ago, we were losing 30k per week and were heading for 3rd tier football. Since then we have slowly but surely gone from championship relegation fodder , to a yo yo team, to (and I hate this phrase) an established premier league club. And it has all been self funded, no outside investment whatsoever - and I am very proud of this.

Whilst a new owner might inject the cash required to move us on to the next level, on the flip side, we also know that these foreign investors could just as easily destroy everything that Thompson, Peace and the rest of the club's staff have built in a matter of months.

P

Panthera

I wonder why Villa are finding it so hard to find buyers? Surely more attractive than any other club in the midlands.

You have to think data and due diligence mate. Once the bean counters get involved, Albion are a much more attractive proposition than Villa, believe it or not.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

History isn't worth any money really, how much do we know or care about foreigners histories?
Majority of cash is from overseas these days and this supports a club more than paying spectators.

To find a little club with no debt is a dream. To find one with a $$$$ty little stadium ripe for knocking down is even better.
If it is Chinese, they're obsessed with development and finding legitimate vehicles for using their cash surplus to invest in other countries. The scale of what they want to achieve far outstrips what the UK or most other countries are capable of anymore.
The West Midlands is ripe for regeneration and development but nobody else has any money. Might be a good thing, decent strategic location for England.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we do, just not the land, although Morgan has been very clever and bought most of the land round the stadium.

R

reanswolf

I actually like the new North Bank, I just wish they would finish the Steve Bull, that's all.

Hope you are well Burton.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's easy to say that when it's not your/our money. I agree by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

reanswolf

Appreciate that, but they did originally say stage one and two would definitely be done.

The Steve Bull was all that needed doing to be honest.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appreciate that, but they did originally say stage one and two would definitely be done.

The Steve Bull was all that needed doing to be honest.

Times change Reans. I agree it needs doing but logistically I guess it made more sense to do the North Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4456

You have to think data and due diligence mate. Once the bean counters get involved, Albion are a much more attractive proposition than Villa, believe it or not.

Care to expand on this?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish we could get a rich sheik to buy us.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Depends how you want to look at it. From a business point of view you bennies are probably run better financially. From a football side point of view, villa have far more potential. Bigger stadium and bigger support for start which would make them more attractive to sign for as a player. Depends on the new owner and what he wants to do and go about things. He might just want a solid business, he might have big ambitions.

M

Monkey Man

If it is some Chinese super billionaires who do a Man City on Albion I think I might never recover. I've got visions of a 50k seater stadium, Ronaldo and the champions league theme playing.

I feel quite ill.

P

popplewolf

if it is some chinese super billionaires who do a man city on albion i think i might never recover. I've got visions of a 50k seater stadium, ronaldo and the champions league theme playing.

I feel quite ill.

stop right there!

P

Panthera

Depends how you want to look at it. From a business point of view you bennies are probably run better financially. From a football side point of view, villa have far more potential. Bigger stadium and bigger support for start which would make them more attractive to sign for as a player. Depends on the new owner and what he wants to do and go about things. He might just want a solid business, he might have big ambitions.

Hear ya - but the question was why are Albion close to a sale whilst Villa have struggled for a buyer, not who has got the largest support or stadium etc.

If you're buying a new car, do you just want the keys and be able to drive away or do you want a something that may look like the mutt's nuts in the future but needs time and hard work to put right?

R

reanswolf

I am still intrigued why Villa are not a better attraction, also for sale at about £150m.

This article was interesting about Villa-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ir-Play-gift-club-owners-buy-Aston-Villa.html

Surely with Fair Play now dictating that you can only spend what you can generate, Villa are a far better attraction?

Having said that, if Albion have Chinese owners who can sell them in China, the money they generate abroad is the key, even if it dwarfs what they generate here.

D

Deleted member 4456

I am still intrigued why Villa are not a better attraction, also for sale at about £150m.

This article was interesting about Villa-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ir-Play-gift-club-owners-buy-Aston-Villa.html

Surely with Fair Play now dictating that you can only spend what you can generate, Villa are a far better attraction?

Having said that, if Albion have Chinese owners who can sell them in China, the money they generate abroad is the key, even if it dwarfs what they generate here.

But all of these foreign owners target that approach and it never works. How many people are walking around Kuala Lumpur right now wearing red Cardiff City shirts?

Back
Top Bottom