Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New leisure wear in clubshop

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
The black and the red Adidas Training tops look great. Got them both and wear them to the gym and a few have positively commented on them.

However went to the shop yesterday and saw the new range with the plastic looking badges sewn on, they looked really disappointing and cheaply made..

Sorry Wolves!

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of the Man United training kit / leisurewear form this and last season. The stuff I have seen is all great quality and looks very professional. Even where the badges are printed / monochrome they look good. I don’t understand why the stuff that we have should be any different? Obviously Man U are a bigger club but some of the Adidas kit they have is identical to ours but of a much better quality. Doesn’t make any sense.
It gets better as it goes on throughout the contract, we have the same as what other Adidas clubs have in there first year, check Watford and Leicester, I remember the United stuff being a bit cheapish as was Albion's in there first Adidas year, I remember seeing the stuff in the clubshop window down merry hill get better as the deal went on.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just more cheap tacky rubbish.
Badges on the wrong sides, not lined up with each ither
Goodness me - they wouldn't look out of place on Bilston market. An absolute abomination.

D

Deleted member 3573J

What were you lot expecting? It's a mass produced, multinational clothing company, did you expect old Wolverhampton Wanderers to suddenly have the cutting edge of polo shirts?

There's people churning out customised t-shirts in their garage and selling them on ebay for a fraction of the price that are 10 times better quality than this tat. I don't know what a cutting edge polo shirt is but I'd expect a company like adidas to be able to put a badge on a t-shirt correctly, I mean look at the state of that white t-shirt stuj4z has shown, that shirt hasn't even been laid out flat before the badge has been put on, the material is all creased around it. It looks like it's just had some glue put on the back of it and thrown at the shirt.

To be fair it's up to Wolves not to accept this rubbish, to hang that up for sale is actually quite insulting to supporters. If they are going to charge premium prices at least give the fans something that's decent quality.

D

Deleted member 3518

My recollection of the polo shirts previously had the badge on the opposite side, see the junior version on the OS far better.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goodness me - they wouldn't look out of place on Bilston market. An absolute abomination.

100% agree there.It's getting worse.Sorry wolves I ay one for moaning about the club,as you are doing a great job.But this is bad.:(

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of the Man United training kit / leisurewear form this and last season. The stuff I have seen is all great quality and looks very professional. Even where the badges are printed / monochrome they look good. I don’t understand why the stuff that we have should be any different? Obviously Man U are a bigger club but some of the Adidas kit they have is identical to ours but of a much better quality. Doesn’t make any sense.

I've always bought Adidas sports wear and casual wear for 40 years now and warn it with pride. Got a great black & white tuttle neck quarter zip golf top on today with black Levis jeans and black and white Adidas trainers. With Wolves for the first time in their history change to Adidas I thought great told my relatives for b'days you know what to buy me now. Yet on seeing these polo shirts with badges misaligned in the Wolves shop. I'll have to say that's a no no for me now. Can't understand this poor quality coming from such a mega world brand. There's lots of football clubs with Adidas that all seem to have smart looking footie and leisure wear clothing as sheffwolf gives for example Man Utd..

All I can say is that the "QUALITY CONTROL" has gone "AWOL" or is none exsistant at the club shop if those pictures are to be believed??

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ordered a top with that badge on Nick.From sloganite,it's like a bloody sack on me.Think their sizes are on the big side.A bit reluctant to buy from them at the moment,and sticking to buying where I can try them on first.

D

Deleted member 3518

I ordered a top with that badge on Nick.From sloganite,it's like a bloody sack on me.Think their sizes are on the big side.A bit reluctant to buy from them at the moment,and sticking to buying where I can try them on first.

Yep, you definitely need to order a size smaller, I have the polo with the town (city) Crest and quite like it.

How you doing, health improved?

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have unlimited desire and unlimited funds (well, within reason :rolleyes:) to spend on some decent training merch (polos, sweater, fleece etc) now we've finally got adidas. And then the club goes and unveils the biggest, steaming-est pile of absolute horse crap possibly ever. Beyond disappointed - I will wait 'till next year with zero expectation.

B

Breamorewolf

Glad I've kept all my Puma stuff! The Adidas stuff is shoddy and wouldn't be sold by lucky lucky men in a Spanish market!

D

Deleted member 5276

Interesting comments re: love for Adidas. You do realize this was the company that *******ised FIFA and started all the corruption?

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comments re: love for Adidas. You do realize this was the company that *******ised FIFA and started all the corruption?

Adolf Dassler and his brother Rudolf (the founder of Puma) were both prominent members of the Nazi party too.............. Doesn't have anything to do with the ****e quality merchandise we've been (rarely) supplied with this year.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The black and the red Adidas Training tops look great. Got them both and wear them to the gym and a few have positively commented on them.

However went to the shop yesterday and saw the new range with the plastic looking badges sewn on, they looked really disappointing and cheaply made..

Sorry Wolves!

One of my mates bought the red training top when it first came out which I have to say looked the dogs *******s.
As I recall, it the Adidas logo on one side and the embroidered Wolf on the other.
Am i know led to believe that the new stock has a plastic badge instead of the embroidered one, because if that's the case I'll keep my hard earned in my sky rocket ?

D

Deleted member 3518

One of my mates bought the red training top when it first came out which I have to say looked the dogs *******s.
As I recall, it the Adidas logo on one side and the embroidered Wolf on the other.
Am i know led to believe that the new stock has a plastic badge instead of the embroidered one, because if that's the case I'll keep my hard earned in my sky rocket ?

Have the red training top and love it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have unlimited desire and unlimited funds (well, within reason :rolleyes:) to spend on some decent training merch (polos, sweater, fleece etc) now we've finally got adidas. And then the club goes and unveils the biggest, steaming-est pile of absolute horse crap possibly ever. Beyond disappointed - I will wait 'till next year with zero expectation.

Kind of feel the same. Would love to buy a decent hoodie or jacket, but the current stock is ****. Frustrating, adidas is my favourite sports brand but very disappointed so far with what they’ve offered up for Wolves.

D

Deleted member 3518

Yes, the original batch are great, but is the new batch from adidas the same, or do they have a cheapo plastic Wolves logo on them ?

No idea, are they in stock again? Mate has the black polo top and looks nothing like the photo posted a few days ago so God knows.

Reactions: ICD

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
No idea, are they in stock again? Mate has the black polo top and looks nothing like the photo posted a few days ago so God knows.
The original ones are back in stock end of this month. They look good. This new plastic logos look really poor.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The terrible polo I posted is the new range.
The original polos all had plastic logos, as have the training shirts, coats etc.
Only the shirts are embroidered

W

wolvesultra

Had a look at some of the new Adidas stuff on Saturday it looked awful all of it was just standard Adidas type stuff with this awful hard plastic Wolves badge literally stuck on.

Made me think they just produce the normal jumpers tee shirts etc then stick that badge on a few and send them Wolves.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Popped in the club shop today and saw the new range of leisure wear in the flesh so to speak.

It’s the biggest load of tat I’ve seen in years. They look like someone’s raided the bargain bin at Bescot Market for random Adidas counterfeits and ironed a load of shiny plastic Wolves badges on (most of which are in either odd positions or peeling off or both).

Living in Halesowen I’ve seen a lot of the stuff them lot down the road have had and was quite excited. Their badges weren’t ironed on cheap vinyl. Special relationship my ****, this is an awful start. Keep yer money in your pocket we’ve been sold a dud. Don’t know how they’ve the nerve to put them on display in the shop it’s embarrasing.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to agree with Very proud here.My God they're terrible.I got in shop about 9-30 as ticket office day open till 10.So had a really good look at them.A pocket full of money and nothing to buy.Sorry but the people behind this need shooting.A disgrace to be honest.I know people who Dow live in or around Wolverhampton think it's a **** hole and the baggies call us dingles but surely we ay Gorra dress as a ****ing dingle.:(

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankfully no-one seems to be fooled by this nonsense.
The only section of the shop that was fully stocked was market corner where all this stuff lives.
T shirts added today as well which again look pathetic

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Thankfully no-one seems to be fooled by this nonsense.
The only section of the shop that was fully stocked was market corner where all this stuff lives.
T shirts added today as well which again look pathetic
I'm really aghast that Laurie and Jeff think these are okay, what they say about the club to it's supporters is "We think they'll buy any old ****, put them out"

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always bought Adidas sports wear and casual wear for 40 years now and warn it with pride. Got a great black & white tuttle neck quarter zip golf top on today with black Levis jeans and black and white Adidas trainers. With Wolves for the first time in their history change to Adidas I thought great told my relatives for b'days you know what to buy me now. Yet on seeing these polo shirts with badges misaligned in the Wolves shop. I'll have to say that's a no no for me now. Can't understand this poor quality coming from such a mega world brand. There's lots of football clubs with Adidas that all seem to have smart looking footie and leisure wear clothing as sheffwolf gives for example Man Utd..

All I can say is that the "QUALITY CONTROL" has gone "AWOL" or is none exsistant at the club shop if those pictures are to be believed??
Similar to you I'm currently in my Adidas Trimm Trabs, Levis and 90s green Adidas trackie top, ready for my trip to the pub next door to watch England. And like you, I wouldn't be seen dead in the Wolves tat. It's a shame because I was looking forward to finally liking and wearing the odd bit of Wolves' clobber. The hoodies look good from a distance but the quality is nowhere near good enough. I won't comment on the shirts!

Back
Top Bottom