Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New kit!

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Available to pre order from 9am on Friday 1st June 2012.

Only seen it from the back, gold collar? Looks like it could be nice...

P

Penk Wolf

pre20order20launch.jpg

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some feint stripes aren't there...

At least it's not gold and black stripes. I quite like the idea.... (runs for cover)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like they've gone down the retro route, could be a good one!

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Subtle stripes. I like that. Wasn't one of the Staw sponsored shirts of the 80s like that?

The gold collar looks a little strange but unless they've done something atrocious to the front like this season's "naughty child with a marker pen" look - it actually looks like Burrda may not have done all that bad. Also top marks for a proper green goalkeeper's kit. I much prefer those.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shadows, not stripes!! :)

I look slike the old STAW strip from the 80's!!

That's what it reminds me of!!!! Yes! Hopefully it's quite plain on the front. I wish it was black Good Year! The Wolves head would look quality on that without the hexagon around it, but that ain't gonna happen.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even from the back it looks a million times better of the $$$$ we have had for the past few years.

STAW Distribution, my first ever Wolves top that was. If the front looks anything like that then i will be well chuffed.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
I might actually buy a full price shirt for the first time in 10 years if the front is as good as the back!

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
football_shirt_16474_1_500x400x0.jpg

1264fullimage.jpg

A few examples of similar tops.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Craddockinho

Pity it's going to have a big blue and red logo on the front.

Walking billboard.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Looks like the Staw or Manders style shirts, although the Manders stripes were a little thinner IIRC.

I'm undecided. I think that kind of style is best left in the '80's, but will reserve judgement until I see:

A. The Front
B. It in the flesh

S

SimplyTheWolves

There's a thin stripe on the shorts so most likely they'll be one on the shirt.

W

we8wba

1. i really hope its a v-neck type shirt (not buttons or something else dodgy)

2. agree with sleeves why do they try make it short as possible?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, and also that image makes a great screensaver. Cheers Penk!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just it having a collar makes 10x better than last year's atrocity.

Short sleeves aren't so bad, that's how they wore em back in the day.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will the front be revealed tomorrow? Or are people expected to pre-order it without seeing the whole thing? Seems a bit odd!

S

Sandwell Wolf

That looks the absolute dogs whats its.

Potentially the best kit we've had in years, just praying the front is a nice tidy design!

B

Bostin

That Staw kit was my first too. It was about 4 sizes too big, but I loved it!

A

AussieWolves

I'm absolutely loving the gold look, finally!!
Drooling at the prospect of buying this one, looks like the scribble marks are on the shorts this year... let's hope they stay there and leave the rest of the shirt simple... would like to see a new Wolves logo though... ditch the bloody hexagon! And change Sportingbet to black!

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like a Darts player's shirt from the back, albeit a very thin darter...

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Wolves have given burrda the strip from the late 80's and told them to copy it. About time we had a proper football strip again.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving the gold look, finally!!
Drooling at the prospect of buying this one, looks like the scribble marks are on the shorts this year... let's hope they stay there and leave the rest of the shirt simple... would like to see a new Wolves logo though... ditch the bloody hexagon! And change Sportingbet to black!

Why would Sportingbet change such a recognisable logo to black just to suit us? I can spot all the sporting bet hoardings sinply due to their stand out colours at European football grounds even though they are spelt differently.

As for the badge once again it's become recognisable and is easily marketable.

It's all common sense really. And I don't even work in advertising.

Granted neither look great but at the end of the day neither are going to change I'm afraid.

W

Woffles

Looks like Wolves have given burrda the strip from the late 80's and told them to copy it. About time we had a proper football strip again.

How the hell have they managed to miss off the black collar and cuffs then.....mutter mutter (I know I'm on my own here but still)....mutter mutter.....

Last years kit v this Years kit

Last year - Stupid wavey line
This year - TBC

Last year - Orange
This year - TBC (in daylight)

Last year - Stupidly short non-fitted sleeves
This year - Check

Last year - No black collar
This year - Check

Last year - No Black cuffs
This year - Check

Last year - Sporting Bet colours on orange
This year - TBC

Last year - Stupid gimicky badge
This year - TBC

A

AussieWolves

Why would Sportingbet change such a recognisable logo to black just to suite us? I can spot all the sporting bet hoardings sinply due to their stand out colours at European football grounds even though they are spelt differently.

As for the badge once again it's become recognisable and is easily marketable.

It's all common sense really. And I don't even work in advertising.

Granted neither look great but at the end of the day neither are going to change I'm afraid.

Well it would be possible to change it to black if we wanted too, look at all of the other clubs who change sponsor colours to suit club colours.

The badge was mentioned before the start of last season that Jez wanted to look at a new style... left with him that could be a bad thing, but a rebranding company could do something with it... maybe we'll go back to a shield and really go retro with this ;)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How the hell have they managed to miss off the black collar and cuffs then.....mutter mutter (I know I'm on my own here but still)....mutter mutter.....

Reason to hate last years kit This Years kit

Stupid wavey line TBC
Orange TBC (in daylight)
Stupidly sort non-fitted sleeves Check
No black collar Check
No Black cuffs Check
Sporting Bet colours on orange TBC
Stupif gimicky badge TBC

Not on your own there mate, was just about to say it would be awesome with a black collar and cuffs.

Have to say though, first impressions are very promising. Please don't mess it up by having an awful design on the front.

And I know I am reading way too much into this, but pleased that the main player in the picture is Kites. Give that man a new contract now!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it would be possible to change it to black if we wanted too, look at all of the other clubs who change sponsor colours to suit club colours. Your wrong as the sporting bet logo is different to other examples as they rely soley on their colours as a stand out as they are not called SportingBet in Spain for example

The badge was mentioned before the start of last season that Jez wanted to look at a new style... left with him that could be a bad thing, but a rebranding company could do something with it... maybe we'll go back to a shield and really go retro with this ;) cant remember anyone at the club saying they were going to look into redesigning the badge but I could be wrong. Anyone got a link?

Back
Top Bottom