Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t stop watching that video. It’s captivating.

It really is Bully and Ruben then the rest, for any one under 45.

When he talks about how his family love Wolverhampton, absolutely kills me.

Thought I would be sad when Ruben left, but actually feel more proud than anything.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the words of Tina Turner “simply the best”.

Everything about Ruben as a player and more importantly as a human being shows class. Whilst it’s not a football move he’s just secured his, his kids and indeed their kids futures. If I could do the same for my family I’d be on the same plane.

Farewell for now Ruben, I’m sure you’ll be back someday and the South Bank will salute you.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good little peice from Hobbs on Wolves site. On how Neves contributed to getting Julen to the club and his determination of getting the club out the mess it had gotten itself into it earlier on in the season.

Legend.
That word “Legend” gets thrown around in the modern world far too easily, but for OUR Ruben, he’s absolutely earned it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched it. Of course, with all the background crowd noise etc, it's stage managed, but he comes across as the real deal. We'll miss him, but I have a hunch he might eventually return, maybe not as a player, but in some capacity.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the video again this morning and makes it all the more strange we haven’t heard one thing from moutinho since he left. Find it odd.
I'm guessing/hoping that we'll hear from him when his contract officially ends next week?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched it. Of course, with all the background crowd noise etc, it's stage managed, but he comes across as the real deal. We'll miss him, but I have a hunch he might eventually return, maybe not as a player, but in some capacity.
I said exactly that to my pal last night. It feels like “goodbye for now” not goodbye forever. I’m clutching at the biggest bag of straws known to man but maybe in 3 years time at 29 and with £25 million in his pocket he’ll decide to come “home”.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just got back from my daily bike ride which always takes me past the training ground gates and along Smestow Valley where I could hear them training.

It just dawned on me, no more glimpses of Ruben, no longer will I see Joao in his little 4x4, probably no more seeing Raul’s smiling face signing shirts.

This is the dawning of a new era, this summer we’ve got some big boots to fill. We are losing our leaders, our talismen.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something that has to be taken into account, with regard to the money.

In the past couple of years, Ruben has seen close-up just how precarious it all is: Raul's career was pretty much ended by a freak collision with a freak defender, Neto was flying high until doing his kneecap and might never be the same again, Jonny had two ACLs, Sasa broke after half an hour, Chiquinho ACL... and that's just in a small amount of time at one club. Players aren't bionic, and luck doesn't favour the brave.

It's all very well people outside the game postulating about "in his prime" and missed opportunities and lack of ambition and following the cash... well, too bloody right, it's his body and his family's future, and if he wants to secure it whilst he can, all power to him. Everything can change in a split second. Even then, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, and if Barca had been in any way professional instead of the footballing equivalent of back alley meth addicts then he probably would have gone there, but I'm actually glad he's chosen this route.

Leaves as a legend, and with nothing but love and gratitude from us. I hope he and his Neveses have a wonderful life.
Good point.
Also having seen his generosity at Wolverhampton, spending no small amount of money to help the less fortunate, there's a good chance that quite a bit of the vast amount he'll now earn will be spend not on making his own lifestyle more luxurious but on helping others.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very few players are universally loved by their fanbase and Ruben achieved that.

His professionalism, dedication, humility and appreciation of our football club and our supporters has been very special. Some of his goals and passes have been breathtaking and his great defensive work is often overlooked.

He will leave a massive hole and be sorely missed.

I can only join in with others in wishing him and his family every success and happiness in the future.

He leaves as a modern day legend, footballing hero and forever a Wolf.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That video was so moving. Had me briefly..

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben is exactly the sort of player you want at your club. Talented, professional, humble, who sets an example many in the game could learn from.

It was wonderful to see him play and say you were there for some of the outrageous goals. Especially THAT goal.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May the Lord keep his hands on him and his family. May they be happy at their new venture and may he succeed once again where he decided to move on. I feel he did the best thing, as European Clubs did not offer him the right environment for him to move on. He could have stayed for another season at Wolves, but he decided it was time for him to move on for his benefits and those of Wolverhampton Wanderers. His letter to the fans shows what a great heart he has and his endless love for Wolves and Wolverhampton.

I had the honour to be present at Molineux with the Malta Wolves contingent in April 2018, when Neves scored the goal against Derby in the promotion year. We were super lucky as we were seated at the end of the Billy Wright top sector exactly above the post in which Neves scored his most renowned goal, out of the 30 he scored for Wolves.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a pretty cynical person and don’t believe many of the footballers when they declare their love for the club but in Rubén’s case I think it was genuine. He was our crown jewel the one who epitomised our rise from dire Championship seasons into golden Premier & Euro dreams. I’m very sad to see him go but I knew he wasn’t going to see his career out here. I’m thankful we had him for as long as we did and wish him and his family all the very best. What a fantastic ambassador for our club he has been.
It's all *******s. All this fawning over a player leaving for filthy lucre is a load of ****e.

Dry yer eyes Neves with your bloodstained pay cheque.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all *******s. All this fawning over a player leaving for filthy lucre is a load of ****e.

Dry yer eyes Neves with your bloodstained pay cheque.
You are entitled to your views. In my view you will be in a very small minority with little, if any, support.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you Ruben and family, for moments I will never forget.
Your farewell bought tears to my eyes too ,a ray of hope in humanity in a very troubled world.
All the best.
I think describing a footballer whose just signed up to go to Saudi Arabia for half a million pounds a week as “a ray of hope in humanity in a very troubled world” is one of my favourite things ever.

greg

Reaction score
I think describing a footballer whose just signed up to go to Saudi Arabia for half a million pounds a week as “a ray of hope in humanity in a very troubled world” is one of my favourite things ever.
It was a reference to how and what he said in the video, nothing to do with his decision to go to SA

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bright Enobakare has one of his numbers spelt backwards in his name, but just not while with us I don't think

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Who for??
I stand corrected.
I can only assume I was recalling an observation, when he was signed, that suggested he should have the SEVEN shirt as it was his name backwards.
Apologies for causing such consternation amongst the ranks. I'm going for a cold glass of Neves Pu.

Back
Top Bottom