Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to stop them selling him to Newcastle for a bottle of brown ale.

You know its a scam but what is wrong with it.

You buy a car for 100k one day and sell it for a pound to your cousin just because you can.

Was it Ken Wheldon, the old Blues Chairman ,when Wolves were really in the doldrums, that financially screwed us over. We had a sell on clause for Wayne Clarke and he sold him to Everton for a pittance along with a unknown youth team player (never heard of again) for proper cash. This sort of shady shenanigan has been going on for years.

Last edited:

fleck1

Reaction score
I don't see the Neves to Newcastle on loan etc myself. They already have enough scrutiny on the ownership and takeover rattling the big 6, I don't see them wanting to put more eyes on them. For what he was available for to English clubs and his comparatively small wage, I think they'd have just come and got him. I think Saudi Arabia are making a play to have a major say in the footballing world, a lot like the recent goings on with golf. Its like what happened in China just of steroids.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it Ken Wheldon, the old Blues Chairman ,at when Wolves were really in the doldrums financially screwed us over. We had a sell on clause for Wayne Clarke and he sold him to Everton for a pittance along with a uknown youth team player (never heard of again) for proper cash. This sort of shady shenanigan has been going on for years.
Stuart Storer. Remember the name well, it must be the one thing he's famous for.

Stuart Storer – speaking to Steve Zocek – Everton FC Heritage Society clearly Howard Kendall was complicit too.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if they might release the Neves to Al Hilal stuff today, good day to bury bad news with the launch of the rank away kit.
That bad?
Another season for my old Goodyear White and Green.
That kit is class..Bully scored wearing it.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting take.
Yes it is . I have no issues with the fact that football is now about big money and from 92 the premier league has been about keeping the big six as just that .There are several players we have paid fortunes for and too who were dross. Johnson and O Hara spring to mind yet we got 6 years of Neves . He now has the chance to set him and his family up for life of several times the wages he was on here . I don’t blame him at all. Just remember 40 years ago several of England’s World Cup winners had to sell their medals as they were skint.
I am not saying it’s right but I do think most of us would put family security first

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it is . I have no issues with the fact that football is now about big money and from 92 the premier league has been about keeping the big six as just that .There are several players we have paid fortunes for and too who were dross. Johnson and O Hara spring to mind yet we got 6 years of Neves . He now has the chance to set him and his family up for life of several times the wages he was on here . I don’t blame him at all. Just remember 40 years ago several of England’s World Cup winners had to sell their medals as they were skint.
I am not saying it’s right but I do think most of us would put family security first

The Premier League is such a bubble of its own now to the point where the value of our players is outstripping the finances of most foreign clubs. So if a player can't be sold here then Saudi is now one of the few alternatives. I mean look at Mason Mount. Chelsea have just turned down £55m for him. On which planet is that possible?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League is such a bubble of its own now to the point where the value of our players is outstripping the finances of most foreign clubs. So if a player can't be sold here then Saudi is now one of the few alternatives. I mean look at Mason Mount. Chelsea have just turned down £55m for him. On which planet is that possible?
Earth, apparently.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally. That’s why the Saudi comments by the likes of Neville and Carragher are laughable.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck....Ruben.....I'm crying...met him and had a photo with him at his first game for the club , in Austria on pre season....he was only a baby....wished him all the best....I'm can't believe the journey he took us on.....wish him nothing but the best for the future..

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

Wow just wow!

This clip will stay in my heart forever.

Sentimental git I am but football for me is about emotion. It’s just so important.

Thank you for bringing us so much joy and happiness Ruben, and for always wearing our gold shirt with such genuine pride. We will be following you from our Wolverhampton homes for as long as you kick a ball. Please come back one day.

Ruben Neves - Wolves legend!

Back
Top Bottom