Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he’s a class above anything I’ve seen in my time going to the mol so this thread isn’t a put down, however what has happened his shooting ??? Every time he got the ball over the years you were willing him to shoot, now I’m shouting at the tv to pass!!!

what has gone wrong with his shooting boots, seem to have been left at home the last few years.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he’s a class above anything I’ve seen in my time going to the mol so this thread isn’t a put down, however what has happened his shooting ??? Every time he got the ball over the years you were willing him to shoot, now I’m shouting at the tv to pass!!!

what has gone wrong with his shooting boots, seem to have been left at home the last few years.
Played well today mate

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his job to score goals apparently...

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Neves is only brilliant - if his shooting was better he’d be perfect. I’d send him out on to Gillingham to practice.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good thread and the question is valid.
I‘ve wondered if he has a tiny injury in his foot that although very minor, can ‘flare’ up from time to time. Does he subconsciously hold back a bit as he’s kicking?.....doesn’t follow through?
There have been frees in an ideal place for him to take a shot but Mouthino took it. Why?
However, recently he is shooting more. So we‘ll see.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the bloke, always have done, he will come right. The penalty against Arsenal was as good as I have ever seen.
He’s top drawer!!! Hope you and fam are doing well Ant.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Trying too hard, putting too much thought in to the shot instead of using his instincts. Leading him to drag the shots or put too much power behind them. He needs one to go in from a deflection.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His wand will be back. It’s great to watch him getting stuck in and he has become a real engine for us.
It’s not just his shot, some of his long range passing has been slightly off recently also.. but class is permanent and there are more big highlights to come from him yet.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's still deffo my favourite player. He seriously needs to be locked in Compton with Ruddy, and some redbulls with someone on CCTV ready to release him once he scores 50 long range shots.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the man. Absolutely class, and when on form he’s the classic ‘pay the entry fee just to see’ type player.

I really hope he’s here for many years to come, but something says to me he or Neto (god forbid both) will be the one cashed in on next.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class player what he does on and off the ball is so important to us, like Neto need to do everything to make sure he stays here over the summer!

With regards his shooting from outside the box really needs to work on getting them on target more than putting so much power make the goalkeeper at least make a save!... He's such a talented and clever footballer won't be long till the next one though!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think focusing on the defence in the transfer window will give us the ability to push Neves further forward. As he's proven, he can actually pop up Lampard-esque, when required.

He could be the Attacking Midfielder we are crying out for - we just need a more solid defence to release him further forward.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The future captain when our defence gets upgraded hopefully in the summer.

He is still the golden boy for this team
I'm not at all convinced we're gonna move from a 3 to a 4.

I think this season may have taught Nuno the importance of a tried and trusted system and the value of Coady in the heart of that system.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not at all convinced we're gonna move from a 3 to a 4.

I think this season may have taught Nuno the importance of a tried and trusted system and the value of Coady in the heart of that system.

Probably taught him not to try and change things with 3 week preseason and ridiculous injury crisis over December/January time. 5 has settled the boat and proves to be a solid option.

But we a 3 month preseason I can see him considering the 4 this time around. Just a shame there's the euros.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the 30 yard volleys just aren't working - he's going to score a 30 yard header instead!

Against Newcastle, he was getting into their penalty area way more than I've ever seen him do. Looked like he'd taken on the box-to-box role Donk used to do. Only with a great finish included. More than compensated for some wayward passing before that. Maybe he's changing the game he's played for years and that caused the drop off in passing? Anyway, I'm hopeful we'll see more of him getting forward as he scored v Everton too - we need someone to finish those chances that Donk was nearly always missing.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know about his shooting but Saturday his passing was also poor at times, somebody said he always goes to pot after having another child if that's the case he needs the old 2 bricks.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All our CMS seem to have 1/2 worldies a season, but shooting on a consistent basis seems woeful. Donk has also had a number of opportunities to convert this season (included also some headed chances) but lacked the quality to convert.

Definitely an aspect of our game where improvement is required.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see him replace coady.... He's a born leader, a ball winner, ok in the air,,,could pass from the back like he used to before coady wanted to have a go, and he could bring the ball out of defence like Maguire does.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All our CMS seem to have 1/2 worldies a season, but shooting on a consistent basis seems woeful. Donk has also had a number of opportunities to convert this season (included also some headed chances) but lacked the quality to convert.

Definitely an aspect of our game where improvement is required.
Neves shooting is the worst part of his game. It’s dreadful quite frankly .

all well and good scoring an insane goal once or twice a season, but how about just hitting the target with 75% of your shots please

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird how he's gone from never really scoring from inside the box, to getting none from outside the box so far.

Would like to see him hit the target a bit more from distance but if he continues to pop up in the box like Everton & Newcastle, ill take that.

Such a good run for the goal on Saturday. Does seem to getting into the box a bit more from set plays too.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get annoyed that he shoots so often from outside the box, they always just go over.... with this prem ball & maybe premier closing down/less space?
But very happy that he wants to gamble & add an extra player in the box.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much longer commentators can keep saying 'he normally does better from there' after he belts another one into the stands from 30 yards.

Pleased to see him getting in forward positions at the weekend. We have really missed a midfielder supporting the attack in this set up. It was nice to see him not standing on Coady's toes for once. His passing was uncharacteristically dreadful but probably just a bad day at the office in that respect.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My favourite player by far, but at the same time I think he needs new boots, or some revising in terms of his shooting ability.

If any of you play Fifa they just released a new special card for him which makes him really really really good.

1614943494297.png

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
all well and good scoring an insane goal once or twice a season, but how about just hitting the target with 75% of your shots please

No-one in the world does that.

Shooting from range isn't even just about scoring - if you take a couple of long shots, it means the defenders close you down more, which opens up more spaces for through balls.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird how he's gone from never really scoring from inside the box, to getting none from outside the box so far.

Would like to see him hit the target a bit more from distance but if he continues to pop up in the box like Everton & Newcastle, ill take that.

Such a good run for the goal on Saturday. Does seem to getting into the box a bit more from set plays too.
I’m getting fed up of seeing Ruben score from inside the box: Brighton, Newcastle and his penalties lol.

I want to see him scoring his worldies from outside the box!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the BBC transfer gossip page, Man City are looking for a deep lying midfielder for next season. No names, but who would bet against it......

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would really shine in that team. We'd see the Neves we saw in the championship

Back
Top Bottom