Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves to Costa pass: video

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
The link requests a sign in unfortunately

Saw the pass, it was awesome, thought the pass from Cav just before the Barry tussle was awesome too

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Costa tried to be too clever then with the drag back against the gk, who credit to him watched the ball and snatched it.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, seeing it live, I didn't even see that pass being on until it pretty much reached Costa (great run from him btw!). Neves' passing range reminds me of Oasis now, Live Forever!

He sees things they'll never see!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Link breaking down after a few seconds.............................

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
My Wife doesn't do football at all, sh3 hates it with a passion. I forced her to watch this pass and even she said " WOW that was really good ". Different planet he is on.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best pass I’ve ever seen from a Wolves player.

E

E is for idiot.

I thought the Cav one was just as good but in a different way. It is insane we have players like this playing for us when we had Karl Henry and Stephen Hunt last time we were in the premier!

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The pass from Coady for the Costa goal was an absolute thing of beauty. In an era where English centre backs are ripe raw bog standard, if Coady continues to progress the way he is, an England cap won't be far off. Especially if Southgate wants 3 at the back.

S

SavageWolf

He’s a season or two off world class. He’s that good.

Portugal might not take him to the World Cup. If he was English he’s start.

Instead we get Jordan Henderson.
His overall play as a CDM I agree but these passes he's pinging about the park are right up there with the best in the world. The receiver makes the pass what it is too - so just imagine the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard and co being on the end of a Neves pass, almost 100% certain to end up as an assist.

el gringo

Reaction score
Do notice the first pass that we see when the coverage resumes after the Neves pass. And how it juxtaposes with the commentary!

S

Snarlingwolf

I find it so frustrating that such a talented chap as Costa is not hitting those sort of chances first time to score, from such a terrific pass. Neves put it on a plate for him (to score) and he tries to be super clever :rolleyes:.
That’s the frustrating thing about Helder, much as I admire him, IMO - the fact that he is so one-footed (ie left) - just like Romain - he has to nearly always engineer the ball onto his left foot first before attempting a shot or pass.
I thought he might have learnt a lesson when he squandered a similar situation to score against Reading?
I hope Nuno can get him to be more clinical with his chances, since he is one of the three strikers up front, as they could prove critical in the big games to come.
IMO he and Romain need to be kicking a ball with their right foot against a wall for about 3 hours a day, until they are equally proficient with either foot......surely they would have the time to perfect this basic skill?:)
(I know I’m hard to please:cool:)

D

Deleted member TW5162

Inagine if he was still here in 5 years time captaining Wolves in the champions league.

He would be an absolute Wolves legend.

:hearteyes:

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way he readjusts his body ,sees Costa and then send that ball to him cannot be coached . He oozes pure class and will only get better .
As much as Grealish tries to look the part with a spiv hairdo and rolled down socks - he aint and never ever will be .

el gringo

Reaction score
I think he has said that one day he would like to go back to Porto, so how does this sound?:

"Former Real Madrid and Wolves star returns to Porto"

Just don't boo him when he comes to the Molineux with Real. OK?

W

Wanderers Avenue

I have shown this to a few friends (living abroad).. they thought that this was an old Valencia game, they simply could not believe that anyone in the 2nd level in English league could do this.. I am struggling with this too

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It hasn't gone unnoticed in his homeland!

www.ojogo.pt/multimedia/videos/interior/ruben-neves-deixa-inglaterra-de-queixo-caido-com-este-passe-para-helder-costa-9197889.html

What a player we have on our hands.

And what gets me the most with Ruben is that he genuinely seems to love it at Wolves. No Billy Big ****** or primadonna antics, just a genuine appreciation for the club, the city and the fans.

When he goes he will go with the recognition from all of us that he deserves to play at the very highest level. And if we can't offer that the top clubs in Europe will.

Nige

Reaction score
Why are People Even talking about him in the same Breath as Grealish... Villa fans are deluded they get one win over us and think they have world beaters...

S

SavageWolf

I find it so frustrating that such a talented chap as Costa is not hitting those sort of chances first time to score, from such a terrific pass. Neves put it on a plate for him (to score) and he tries to be super clever :rolleyes:.
That’s the frustrating thing about Helder, much as I admire him, IMO - the fact that he is so one-footed (ie left) - just like Romain - he has to nearly always engineer the ball onto his left foot first before attempting a shot or pass.
I thought he might have learnt a lesson when he squandered a similar situation to score against Reading?
I hope Nuno can get him to be more clinical with his chances, since he is one of the three strikers up front, as they could prove critical in the big games to come.
IMO he and Romain need to be kicking a ball with their right foot against a wall for about 3 hours a day, until they are equally proficient with either foot......surely they would have the time to perfect this basic skill?:)
(I know I’m hard to please:cool:)
Lol, up until I was 10 I was all right footed but I wanted to be able to score with my left, so I practiced for hours by kicking the ball up the wall and after that I always took a shot with my left instead Maybe they should stay the way they are!?

Back
Top Bottom