Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Never mind we were great once

D

Deleted member 4456

I love watching these old clips. All I've ever known is varying degrees of dross, so any insight into a good Wolves side is always welcome.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Just look at the crowd- just look at them! Amazing stuff, wasn't it? Awesome.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was awesome in the 80's the 90's and the 00's in fact bring Wolves is just awesome

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love to see great clips especially from 1964-1974.
Any examples would be greatly appreciated! ;)

D

Deleted member 3518

We really really really are and always will be

To right, despite all the **** we've endured for the last 30+ years, we'll always be "great" for me till my dying breath, which is why I will never understand the apologists for the current group of underperforming ********s!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On one level (statistically) Wolves have been average to dire for 95% of the last half a century.

On another level (family) they are the greatest and always will be. Our memories are intrinsically woven, an audio visual experience spanning hundreds or thousands of games up and down the country over decades.

Every fan of every club from Arsenal to York would agree with that. If they don't, they can #@&# off and support someone else.

D

Deleted member 3518

On one level (statistically) Wolves have been average to dire for 95% of the last half a century.

On another level (family) they are the greatest and always will be. Our memories are intrinsically woven, an audio visual experience spanning hundreds or thousands of games up and down the country over decades.

Every fan of every club from Arsenal to York would agree with that. If they don't, they can #@&# off and support someone else.

Great post!!

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's enough to salt the eyes.

Someone has mugged our game in a dark alley on a lost Saturday, coshed it from behind and demanded its innocence.

These men would have had to collectively donate a sizeable proportion of their weekly wage to keep Danny Batth annually aftershaved.

And there they are. Giants in Lilliput.

And there we were. Parting with small change to witness heroes chiselling out history.

Their glory is our shame.

We let it happen.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did let it happen Chungster and still feed the monster.

That day I know four family members were there on the South Bank, Another would have been 'lurking' in or around the dressing room having made his contribution to the cup run, up to and including the Man Utd SF, before having his heart stabbed by Stan Cullis.

'Sorry Lol you wont be playing in the final'. The maestro didn't believe he had recovered from the SF injury he received.

Hiding his misery behind loyalty and integrity he applauded as the two Andy Capp's carried the silver wear on newly created NHS stretchers.

I was still four years away from existing that year but the legend and stories were meticulously passed down.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the size of the South Bank in that clip! Heaving! Cheers

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ercall I admire your attitude. I love wolves. I just think for the vast majority of the last 35 years we've been pretty $$$$.

Bloody all of the last 35 years. We should have higher standards than what we have achieved. Being a top flight club should be the bare minimum of our expectations.

We seem to love failure :D
We accept it so easily these days.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did let it happen Chungster and still feed the monster.

That day I know four family members were there on the South Bank, Another would have been 'lurking' in or around the dressing room having made his contribution to the cup run, up to and including the Man Utd SF, before having his heart stabbed by Stan Cullis.

'Sorry Lol you wont be playing in the final'. The maestro didn't believe he had recovered from the SF injury he received.

Hiding his misery behind loyalty and integrity he applauded as the two Andy Capp's carried the silver wear on newly created NHS stretchers.

I was still four years away from existing that year but the legend and stories were meticulously passed down.

My father and his elder brother were on the South Bank that day against Preston.

I know that for a fact because I'm lucky enough to have them both still with us.

My Uncle, 87 in January, is still my 'match buddy'.

I drive a 200 mile round trip to pick him up and pay him in for every home game. He paid me in pretty much all through the 80s when I was on my ****. Only fair.

He calls me every other day with the latest 'news' from the back page of the E&S, completely oblivious to the fact that I've probably read it several hours before him on the website.

My old man makes the odd effort, usually Boxing Day, or if my mother's getting on his nerves.

Family affair.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My father and his elder brother were on the South Bank that day against Preston.

I know that for a fact because I'm lucky enough to have them both still with us.

My Uncle, 87 in January, is still my 'match buddy'.

I drive a 200 mile round trip to pick him up and pay him in for every home game. He paid me in pretty much all through the 80s when I was on my ****. Only fair.

He calls me every other day with the latest 'news' from the back page of the E&S, completely oblivious to the fact that I've probably read it several hours before him on the website.

My old man makes the odd effort, usually Boxing Day, or if my mother's getting on his nerves.

Family affair.

All mine from those days no longer with us.

Good on ya I say re your 'buddy'.

Not sure whether posts like this should make me laugh or cry. The efforts many make to attend, the historic ties many of us have, only to be fleeced by the shallow 'marketing' and patronising bull**** of the few who are made millionaires for serving up moderate, uninspiring 'product'.

Back
Top Bottom