Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nelson Semodo

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo is going but Somodo is replacing him!
He's great at judging high balls, beating his man, and getting the ball in the box.

Seriously, it's good news, the real Nelson is quite solid, quite a neat passer and we need his pace at the back. Needs to do more going forwards though if we're going to play 3 fairly defensive midfielders.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheapest option to extend his contract. Let him go and the club have to spend money to replace him. This way, it's just wages.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Semedo and I’m glad we’ve taken up the option.
But he is a bit of a dilemma, are we totally happy to have him as first choice rb next season? Hes probably too good and too costly to be backup to someone else, but in our first 11 he is perhaps one of the weaker links?
I think I view him like Sa, not so bad as needs to be a priority to replace, but........

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news but long term we need to replace him

Agreed. A year now to nurture a longer-term replacement and then maybe move him on with a year left on his deal next summer so we get some sort of fee.

Semedo is clearly Lopetegui’s first choice right back. I do wonder whether he might bring Hoever back into the fold next season as Semedo’s understudy. Hoever does have the potential to be a good Premier League fullback and going forward he’s been excellent during his loan spell at Stoke.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to step up offensively and concentrate positionally. This needs to be his best year for us coming up .

WolvesKop

Reaction score
Absolutely chuffed with this news .we are so lucky to have a word class wing back in Nelson Semedo. He would not look out of place I in strong Man City team .

Back
Top Bottom