Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neil Collins (sacked)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barnsley have today sacked Neil Collins as their manager with just one game of the season remaining. They are on a bad run, but are still fifth in league one, so it seems strange to sack him now. What is the point of doing this when the season is almost finished?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barnsley have today sacked Neil Collins as their manager with just one game of the season remaining. They are on a bad run, but are still fifth in league one, so it seems strange to sack him now. What is the point of doing this when the season is almost finished?
So they could be going into the play-offs manager-less. Very strange, especially as they were minutes away from winning at Portsmouth a couple of weeks ago.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mystic Meg here, this is what will happen:

Barnsley will ultimately fail to go up this year, and Collins meanwhile will secure a job with someone like Huddersfield. He will duly do the double over Barnsley next year and get someone promoted whilst Barnsley languish in League 1. Which they would deserve.

And no I haven't forgotten or forgiven Barnsley and/or Danny Wilson for 1997. Or Palace. Or that useless **** McGhee.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mystic Meg here, this is what will happen:

Barnsley will ultimately fail to go up this year, and Collins meanwhile will secure a job with someone like Huddersfield. He will duly do the double over Barnsley next year and get someone promoted whilst Barnsley languish in League 1. Which they would deserve.

And no I haven't forgotten or forgiven Barnsley and/or Danny Wilson for 1997. Or Palace. Or that useless **** McGhee.

McGhee gave that Barnsley team their greatest ever team talk :mad::mad::mad:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that Barnsley fans are pleased that Neil Collins has left the club. I can only presume that anything but automatic promotion was not good enough for them.

Aren’t football fans a strange bunch?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that Barnsley fans are pleased that Neil Collins has left the club. I can only presume that anything but automatic promotion was not good enough for them.

Aren’t football fans a strange bunch?
The football they played under him was turgid, apparently.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The football they played under him was turgid, apparently.

I read that his style of football wasn’t to the fans liking, but he was getting results. Maybe he thought that they couldn’t get out of league one playing pretty football so went back to basics.

What can a new manager do in one game? Surely the time to make a change would have been a lot earlier or wait until the season was over.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that his style of football wasn’t to the fans liking, but he was getting results. Maybe he thought that they couldn’t get out of league one playing pretty football so went back to basics.

What can a new manager do in one game? Surely the time to make a change would have been a lot earlier or wait until the season was over.
Indeed, it's extremely odd timing.

Back
Top Bottom